February Challenge - African Warriors

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

Why do we need to post the clubs finances?

Does this affect whether you win or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is just interesting for other people reading, also gives us a chance to spot anyone being naughty.

HALF WAY!

Memorable Results:

African Warriors 6 - 0 Hannover Park

Winner's Park 1 - 5 African Warriors

African Warriors 4 - 1 Bay United

Maritzburg 1 - 2 African Warriors

Dynamos 0 - 1 African Warriors

With Dynamos and Maritzburg being my two contenders for 1st place these are vital results.

League:

Table

Notable Players:

Abayomi Adibayo

Sandile Zuke

Nhlanhla Mathubela

Itumeleng Khune

All loans courtesy of my feeder club. icon_smile.gif

I reckon I can take this league.

Just wondering how everyone else managed with the wage budget? After I brought 3 or 4 free transfers in, my board wouldn't let me make any more signings so I wouldn't go over budget. I then had to release nearly all of the regens in order to afford new players. I noticed a lot of the screenshots from other players show no/hardly any transfers out, whereas mine shows about 16 players released... Also, some people seem to be about 20k in the red, others about 500k. Could it be that the finances are random? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DodgeeD:

Just wondering how everyone else managed with the wage budget? After I brought 3 or 4 free transfers in, my board wouldn't let me make any more signings so I wouldn't go over budget. I then had to release nearly all of the regens in order to afford new players. I noticed a lot of the screenshots from other players show no/hardly any transfers out, whereas mine shows about 16 players released... Also, some people seem to be about 20k in the red, others about 500k. Could it be that the finances are random? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the starting capital seems a bit random.

The wage budget was a bit weird for me.

I started with very little room to work with, because all the youth players at the club were paid a hefty 80 €/week, which added up to about 90-95% of the available wage budget.

But before it became a problem, the wage budget suddenly went up by about 700€. At first I thought the board, somehow, upped it, but after a while I figured out that it was because a hefty youth grant was added.

(as the season progressed and some of the youngsters turned 17, I started offering them part-time contracts of a shorter length, to be able to cheaply release them, but then I noticed that that gradually reduced the youth grant, so I stopped doing that.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

End of Season 2007/08

I won!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Table

Squad

Finances

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

Went a bit overboard with the spending!

I might be in with a chance of a medal :O icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly what was your wage budget?

Secondly Abayomi Adibayo and Shasha Moleko are Luso Africa's best players so why did he join you?

Thirdly can you send a screenshot of your wage budget please.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the wage budget suddenly went up by about 700€. At first I thought the board, somehow, upped it, but after a while I figured out that it was because a hefty youth grant was added. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, youth grant? I never even thought of that! icon_razz.gif Wouldn't have made much difference as I'm sure the youngsters wouldn't have played for me anyway. Seems a bit ridiculous that they are automatically on 55 quid a week and you can pick up much better players for 20..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Secondly Abayomi Adibayo and Shasha Moleko are Luso Africa's best players so why did he join you?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got both of those on frees as well icon_biggrin.gif. I think even with a large database, different players come up and some stats are different too. So in one game, the player may be willing to join cheaply, in another he won't be interested or will want much more money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flashman's School Days:

I'm going to give this a go, because i have fond memories of playing South AFrica on FM06

Profile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't do too well. Don't want you beating me icon_wink.gif

Sign Nhanhla Mathebula. He is amazing. Trust me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flashman's School Days:

I'm going to give this a go, because i have fond memories of playing South AFrica on FM06

Profile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't do too well. Don't want you beating me icon_wink.gif

Sign Nhanhla Mathebula. He is amazing. Trust me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surprisingly i signed him before you made the recommendation, and i wudn't worry i never do well in the short term, however, i did beat FS Stars 1-0 in the pre-season friendly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

The cool thing so far is that me and minisav are both only 14 years old icon_razz.gif and we're first and second so far icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And they say teenagers are always on the streets causing havoc! We cause havoc on the computer. icon_razz.gif

I never did well in the cup bar my first game with all my signings.

I'm in

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/927/sachallengekt8.jpg

I've played a couple of games, while I was waiting for my internet connection to bend to my will, and my team is like a chunk of turd with a fine layer of gold, so injuries will kill me.

Had a hell of a problem finding a goalkeeper. Had to go round everybody until I found someone desperate, a bit like my dating tactic with women. That said, some of the regen photos are frighteningly reminiscent of my dating of women as well.

I woudln't have done so well if it weren't for Kaizer Chiefs kindly giving me a very good one on loan. icon_smile.gif

Would this make it into any records red card wise?

Dirty Ba...Erm People. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately to break one of the records in the records thread you have to be the team who break the record, so it would have had to be you team who had 4 red cards.

Alright. Thanks anyway. Which challenges you taking part in at the moment ridleys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None at the moment, trying to get an online game started with my mate. You doing any?

What's happened to everybody. Maybe everybody's given up because I did so well? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has gone a bit quiet. Perhaps people are concentrating on new long term games with the new patch.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">February Challenge Leaderboard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username Achievements

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

minisav League winners with 69 points

ridleys Finished 5th with 52 points

CoachFlu Finished 11th with 35 points

DodgeeD Finished 11th with 34 points

bob66 Finished 11th with 32 points

Jonzii Finished 12th with 27 points

dafuge Finished 14th with 24 points

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jameslowe:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?7c2bcf8edb.jpg

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?9f45ca17d4.jpg

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No team there and the useless custards scored an own goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I holidayed to next macth and it played that match. Very weird. I have of course started again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Snellink:

what's up with the no players though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure it's a rare bug that randomly appears every now and again. It's been in the last few versions and SI haven't been able to track it down yet.

Archived