Asked to Leave vs Transfer Request FM2020

Hey all,

Sorry for the stupid question, but say a player asks for a contract, I say no and he kicks off in the press.

If I go on the player profile it will say "Negative: (Asked to leave) Wants a new contract."

Here's the thing, he's not come to me to ask to leave. He's not handed in a transfer request. 

Is this working as intended? Is the transfer request basically something further that has to be triggered?

4 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Is this working as intended? Is the transfer request basically something further that has to be triggered?

If I understand it correctly, if he puts in a transfer request he gives up his loyalty bonus so players can ask to leave/refuse to sign a new contract without putting in a formal transfer request. The real decision comes if he's nearing the end of his contract so you have to choose to sell him (and pay the loyalty bonus) or allow him to leave on a free transfer when his contract runs out.

10 hours ago, warlock said:

so players can ask to leave/refuse to sign a new contract without putting in a formal transfer request.

Got you, so he's basically informally asking to leave until such a time as he submits a transfer request I can ignore him.

For what its worth, I've got three players on this at the moment (envy my management skills) and all three are on four-five year contracts. :D Who's going to blink first? :P 

13 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

envy my management skills

:lol:

I usually have one senior player every season rotting in the u23s, typically as a result of "I promised to offer you a contract, your halfwit agent turned it down". Iron fist :kriss: