3 Questions that i hope someone can help with

eleghandi

This is for FM20

1: what is the best way to pull B-Teams/B-Clubs for a team pool?

for example, if i pick "Get All Teams From Division" Team type: B-Team, that wont pull B-Clubs, because theyre a seperate club, which makes their team type "First Team"  

2: how can i change the age range of the annual youth intake for a country?

i want to change Italy's from 16-17 to 15-16 

3:  how do i prevent B-Teams/Clubs from getting promoted to the second division while guaranteeing that the same amount of teams get promoted each year? 

the specific scenario is promotion from Serie C to Serie B, even though i have set  "max number of B-Teams in this division or above" to 0 for Serie B, Juve U-23 Still get promoted when i test, and they also join the Pro-Playoffs even though under Multiple Competitions > Stages > Stage 0 - leag > League Settings > Qualification Rules > Qualification Rules i have set Exceptions: Reserve/B-Teams with "use next team if team is excepted ticked"

Im trying to create an editor data file that allows other teams in italy to create B-Teams as the game progresses, since Juve already have a B-Team and from what i can tell, the italian FA will allow B-Teams in the lower divisions from now on in real life. i have created my own rulesets for B-Teams, so it probably wont be 10000% accurate with how the FA will implement B-Teams but its better than nothing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

I have attached the latest data file, if you want to have a look for yourself, but beware, it might be a bit wonky in some places because im experimenting with a couple things. Im using Timo's extended database as a base, So quick shout to him for making that.

Thanks in advance

Italy (Prima Categoria) test with B-Teams.fmf

@Wolf_pd Thanks for the answer

Q1: i have found a work-around for the purpose i needed, B-Teams in italy automatically get place in "Italian Lower Division", so i just clear that and get all teams from there, for the comps i want B-Teams to enter, they dont enter immediately, but the year after their creation.

Q2: i may have found the solution (i havent tested yet), in (advanced rules > nation > transfers > transfer rules) there is a setting called "Youth Player Minimum Age" and it says something like "the minimum age youth players are generated" hopefully it works.

Q3: that worked for the most part, 

i used (Competition > Stages > Stage 0 - leag > League Settings: Teams that cannot be promoted) then because there is no way to select seperate B-Clubs, i tried "Get Teams From Team Pool" then in the team pool underneath i added 2 "Get League Stage Teams" for each serie c group, in the first i set the division and league stage, then i tick "ignore teams", "dont use reserve/B/youth teams" and "dont use affiliate teams with same board as main team", in the second i just set division and league stage.

from my tests it successfully prevents B-Clubs from getting promoted when winning their respective division, it also ignores them for the pro-playoffs. they still get promoted sometimes though, it only happens when they win the serie c coppa italia (the winner is added to pro-playoffs), when i try to add my "affiliate teams with same board" workaround to "teams" in the pro-playoffs, i cant verify, it says it only found 2/28 teams for serie c stage 0 (thats the pro playoffs), and i cant find a setting in fate actions of the coppa C to exclude B-teams from fate.. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, eleghandi said:

Q2: i may have found the solution (i havent tested yet), in (advanced rules > nation > transfers > transfer rules) there is a setting called "Youth Player Minimum Age" and it says something like "the minimum age youth players are generated" hopefully it works.

@jcp1417 it worked

Screenshot (191).png

• 4 weeks later...

Was there any progress with regards to B teams ? I would like this to be a part of my new save in FM21 and would like help as to how it is best implemented as I have never before used an Editor. However I would have nothing against a B team being promoted to Serie B, As long as they do not play in the same division as their First team

Team pools got massively bugged somewhere after one of the updates in FM20, it completely killed one of the edits I was doing where I used team pools to faithfully recreate the early rounds of the French cup. Worked perfectly until one of the patches, after which it was simply broken (it would just ignore the team pool rules you selected, especially those that were to exempt teams). Anyway we can hope that this gets fixed in FM21.

• 2 months later...

@Bugeja i dropped it for fm20 because of too many 'minor' bugs, stuff like Ai B-Teams not hiring staff, restrictive rules like 'B-Team cant play player registered for the first team' only working when officially moving a player to a B-Team, but if you just make Ronaldo "available for juve-u23" then... or any kind of registration rules for B-Teams to prevent Szczesny from farming clean sheets in serie c seemingly not being recognized by the game, either theyre not there and B-Teams dont register players, or theyre there and B-Teams dont register players.. lol

i got B-Teams successfully excluded from serie c promotion and promotion playoffs, except for when they win the serie c cup, a crazy example i have seen in one of my tests is "girone A juve B are champions and win the cup, noone get the direct promotion after juve are excepted, then they enter the playoffs win that too— get promoted to serie B (as they shouldnt), girone B is normal, girone C Roma B are champions, they get correctly excepted and 2nd place get directly promoted and 3rd get 2nd's place in the playoffs and on and on, everything is good (except for juve), and roma got promoted too... because noone got Juve B's direct promotion place and juve took the pro playoff promotion spot, not enough teams got promoted so to keep the same amount of teams in serie b the best team was chosen to get promoted from serie c, which was roma B... because they finished first without getting promoted... (as intended).. so, 2 B-Teams got promoted in a domino effect of bugs, one that i cant find a reasonable solution for and another that i dont think i have any influence over.. :thup:

and its more of the same in fm21 im afraid.

if i allow b teams in serie b, once all the major clubs (juve, milan, milan2, lazio, roma, atalanta, napoli, fiorentina, maybe bologna torino and sassuolo too) create a b club, then it'll only take 2-3 seasons for "serie B" to take on a whole new meaning. and if i cant limit it to 0 then there is no way that i can limit it to 3

progress report would be 

1. i successfully found a way to get in game created B-Teams into the league structure (also in fm21)

2. created simple general nation/fixture rules around B-Teams (stuff like max 3 over 23 players in match squad, rules for moving players between A and B teams (not restrictive) etc )

3. ...?

so im done, i have moved to venice (venezia fc save) to wash away the stress in the lagoon.

if anyone want to pick up where i left off im happy to help where i can, just send me a dm and i'll see it (eventually)