The Italian Job

This challenge won challenge of the year in 2003, so i thought it would be a good challenge for 09. All credit goes to the original maker flipsix3.

THE ITALIAN JOB, by flipsix3

"Hold on lads, Ive got an idea"

Who can forget all those magical moments as Michael Caine leads a bunch of England's finest into Turin and escapes with rather a lot of gold ?

Well it's time to recreate them with you favourite management sim.

CASING THE JOINT: Create a manager of English nationality (you could choose another non-Italian one, but English fits the theme best so I'll use it throughout the outline). Take control of any Italian Serie C club and set about building your reputation.

MOVING IN: At the earliest opportunity take control of either Turin based team (Juventus or Torino)

ASSEMBLING THE TEAM: Set about building a player roster of entirely English nationality (any youth prospects promoted must be immediately released - no waiting for buyers)

THE HEIST: Win the Serie A title (Scudeto) with that squad. The challenge can only be considered complete when you win it in a season that you had an all English squad at the START of

THE GETAWAY: Immediately resign from the club and head for home.

I thought that it would be fun to try this on the newer games(08 or 09). So have fun.

Archived