Weaker sides (Leeds) A.I needs to take more risks and be more intelligent against bigger sides (Manchester City)

When i manage a good team (Liverpool, PSG, Barcelona) and I face weaker sides. They don't take enough risks against me (higher press and high defensive line, higher tempo and direct passing). 

A.I Managers play defensive too often... sometimes they should take risks against stronger teams and play attacking football. 

Teams such as Leeds, Wolves and Everton are showing weaker teams can actually do well if they take more risk (gengenpress), manage there squad better and buy good players.

Edited by kingking
  • kingking changed the title to Weaker sides (Leeds) A.I needs to take more risks and be more intelligent against bigger sides (Manchester City)

This has been analyzed through and reported in may at the bug forum. Have to hope there will be improvement to FM21

Edited by Pasonen
5 hours ago, Mcfc1894 said:

Yh I agree always feel like the smaller sides give up on FM before the game as even started with some of the defensive tactics they play 

Hopefully A.I improves in the future, A.I managers need to take more risk and use attacking tactics, with high line and aggressive press against stronger teams.

FM is only fun when i manage strong teams such as Barca, PSG or Liverpool etc, however A.I tend to let me dominate them too easy.

4 hours ago, Pasonen said:

This has been analyzed through and reported in may at the bug forum. Have to hope there will be improvement to FM21

Good thread.

The A.I does not utilise progressive tactics (high line, aggressive press, quick counters & winning battles in the midfield) enough. And after reading your thread I now understand that the cautious and defending mentalities are not strong in FM.

The issue is that the A.I for weak teams and some strong teams use cautious and defending mentalities. In the premier league my team (Man City) makes the most passes, and maintain the most possession. However the A.I makes it too easy for me.

Edited by kingking