[FM21] Teams to manage

We're here to discuss the teams you are looking forward to manage in Football Manager 2021.

Personally, this is a small list of teams i cannot wait to play with :

Borussia Dortmund : Haaland, Sancho, Brandt, Reyna, Bellingham, Moukoko... Surely the first save on the beta.

FCSB (Steaua Bucarest) Coman, Man, Moruțan... Almost the same team than previous year which i really enjoyed.

SL Benfica : Todibo, Éverton, Pedrinho, Núñez, Waldschmidt... What a transfert window.

And you ???

Edited by steevo55

my team, arsenal. and i have a list of other teams to choose from. spain-real sociedead,atletico madrid and sevilla. germany-bvb,hertha and bmg. italy-roma,atalanta,milan and napoli. france-rennes. i just gotta choose one team from the leagues that i have chosen more than 1. 

I'd agree with the Benfica, Sociedad and Everton suggestions already. Benfica have had an interesting window as you said and could turn the academy into a monopoly. Sociedad have a great first XI in a 4231 and have swapped Odegaard for Silva. Everton have lots of players in a good age bracket and James, Allan, Doucoure and Godfrey all add massively to the team. 

With summer transfers, I'm also liking the look of....
Bologna. Predicted 14th. Young prospects like Skov Olsen, Tomiyasu, Dominguez, Vignato that become stars to build around.
Hull City have a young squad with high potential. They should also have money. Might get downgraded. Peterborough look good in League One as well.
Barnsley have a very young team with potential, something like 1.3 years younger than the next lowest Brentford. Predicted 20th. 
Estoril. Predicted 3rd in the second league. Youngest team and very well balanced. Longer term to overcome Benfica/Porto.
RB Salzburg could be fun to produce some youth prospects. Domestic dominance waiting for Europe could taint it.

Edited by jcskala

My favourite time of the year!

I always do a save with Celtic first, I’d feel like I was cheating on them otherwise! We had a relatively good window made some interesting additions but more importantly kept a hold of everyone. Not having Forster return was a kick in the teeth but you can’t have it all. Be interesting trying to keep 13 midfielders and 4 strikers happy most of whom will be expecting a lot of first team football. Would imagine second season being a big rebuild job as well as I’d expect to find it very difficult to keep Edouard, Ajer, Ntcham, Christie, McGregor and Frimpong in Scotland, the ending of the loans of Elyounoussi, Duffy and Laxalt and the inevitable decline of Scott Brown. Last but not least, we have a talented group of players coming through none more so than Karamoko Dembele. 

I usually like to follow up with a save in Greece with AS Aris Salonika who have just somehow became my football manager team but this year I fancy a go with Spartak Moscow, they were flying a few years ago winning the Russian premiership in 2017 but finished last season 7th. They’ve lost a lot of good players since the win, Luis Adriano, Ze Luis, Quincy Promes and the decline of Dennis Glushakov to name but a few but they’re joint top with Zenit after 11 games played this year and three players in particular make me excited to set up in Moscow... Disgraced Russian superstar and former jailbird Alexandr Kokorin, (the Celtic in me is pushing for this) Jordan Larsson, son of the best player to ever grace the Scottish premiership, King Henrik and recent loan signing journeyman Victor Moses. 

I think I will be my club Everton first. 

Then I want to try and take Tenerife to the champions league. 

Also does anyone know if they are implementing the new Scottish league structure from below league two? 

Il y a 21 heures, jcskala a dit :

I'd agree with the Benfica, Sociedad and Everton suggestions already. Benfica have had an interesting window as you said and could turn the academy into a monopoly. Sociedad have a great first XI in a 4231 and have swapped Odegaard for Silva. Everton have lots of players in a good age bracket and James, Allan, Doucoure and Godfrey all add massively to the team. 

With summer transfers, I'm also liking the look of....
Bologna. Predicted 14th. Young prospects like Skov Olsen, Tomiyasu, Dominguez, Vignato that become stars to build around.
Hull City have a young squad with high potential. They should also have money. Might get downgraded. Peterborough look good in League One as well.
Barnsley have a very young team with potential, something like 1.3 years younger than the next lowest Brentford. Predicted 20th. 
Estoril. Predicted 3rd in the second league. Youngest team and very well balanced. Longer term to overcome Benfica/Porto.
RB Salzburg could be fun to produce some youth prospects. Domestic dominance waiting for Europe could taint it.

Bologna seems a really interesting team, thanks for the suggestion, i'll maybe give it a try.

The Life at RB Salzburg will be too much sad without Erling, was my first save on the FM 2020 beta.

Il y a 15 heures, conor4669 a dit :

I think I’m gonna go with Dortmund in the beta and FCSB as my main save 😁

Is it really serious ? Did you play in the previous opus with FCSB ?

Edited by steevo55

So far I'm looking at:

Pro Vercelli - the ultimate sleeping giant

Fuenlabrada - Doing OK in LaLiga 2 IRL. Make them the greatest MAdrid side

Le Havre - Good youth facilities

Pompey - Think everyone had a crush on them at some point

Also looking at some Dutch 2nd Division sides

Dortmund: Don't think I need to explain this one. Sancho, Haaland, Brandt, Bellingham.

Chelsea: Made some good signing and got a nice team with some neat potential.

Inter: Kept Lautaro around, signed Hakimi and Vidal. Enjoyed playing in the Serie A for FM20 so why not.

Bodø Glimt in the norwegian division has been the best performing team ever in the division this season in real life. They have just sold their best player in Hauge, but they should be seeing a solid bump or I riot. Look for players like Berg, Zinckernagel and Junker to get a bump.

Il y a 1 heure, conor4669 a dit :

No I didn’t why?

Just to know your results and players you bought if it was the case. So enjoy them in FM 2021, highly recommand Alexandru Cicâldău from Craiova.

Edited by steevo55
1 hour ago, steevo55 said:

Just to know your results and players you bought if it was the case. So enjoy them in FM 2021, highly recommand Alexandru Cicâldău from Craiova.

I’m looking forward to using Dennis Man & Coman! bring them back to glory! 

First, as always, Athletic Club. Only real changes will be Aduriz retiring and Berenguer coming in. 

Then potentially one of the usual clubs I go to: AZ, Palermo, FCSM, etc.

Would like to take one of the lower performing Midlands/NW Championship clubs - Derby, Forest, Stoke - and then restore them to the Premier League.

Or a Central/Eastern European side - from the Czech, Croatia, Serb, Romanian or Polish leagues - and make a real push in Europe. I like the idea of a Scottish only Celtic save, and again making progress in Europe - there could be some strong Scot talents this year.

Il y a 2 heures, conor4669 a dit :

I’m looking forward to using Dennis Man & Coman! bring them back to glory! 

Good luck !

The main problem I had with FM 2020 is the lack of good romanian regens. Made several saves with FCSB and there were less than 5 good romanian regens in more than 10 seasons...

My usual 2 saves every year are Sunderland (my team) and either Zenit or one of the Moscow clubs, I've been to both cities and fell in love with them so I always try to do a Russian League save, unfortunately its been a tough year so I haven't had the chance to do a Russian save. I am doing a Sevilla save at the minute though and I'm enjoying it more than any other save so Ill probably do another one on the new version.