Football Manager 2021 - New Headline Features

4 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Their goal, as in ultimate aim. Not that it does it yet, and literally no one has ever claimed it does. They've been quite open that its an approximation. It's a goal, not a promise, it might not be attainable, but it's something to aim at

Oh, okay then... my mistake... sigh!!!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hace 55 minutos, mightypvfc dijo:

Well, when you're releasing a game every 12 months you need big headline features to keep the user base happy. It's all well and good to implement "under the hood" features as long as you're not planning on pocketing £40 for the game. I'd imagine this game will be marketed for at least £40 on Steam and even more on the Next Gen systems. My question is do you believe this iteration of the game has enough "headline features" to justify the very expensive price tag? 

The price tag is not very expensive and I have already preordered, so yes to your question. The developers try to make incremental improvements every year and it has been that way forever. Feel free to skip a few editions if you want, but I want my new FM every year and have no problem paying the current price.

2 hours ago, mightypvfc said:

Well, when you're releasing a game every 12 months you need big headline features to keep the user base happy. It's all well and good to implement "under the hood" features as long as you're not planning on pocketing £40 for the game. I'd imagine this game will be marketed for at least £40 on Steam and even more on the Next Gen systems. My question is do you believe this iteration of the game has enough "headline features" to justify the very expensive price tag? 

First off, very expensive is subjective, it’s £45 on steam, but currently has 10% off so it’s £40.50. But there are places that do it cheaper too. There are games out there which cost a lot more every year and have a lot less new features (see: FIFA).

Secondly, there’s already a fair proportion of the community that already find a lot of the games features as unnecessary bloat.

Personally, yes, it is worth the price they charge, because I know I’ll get play time out of it, and some of the little QoL stuff they’ve added is really good.

Which brings me back to my original question. What groundbreaking new feature are you expecting?

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

First off, very expensive is subjective, it’s £45 on steam, but currently has 10% off so it’s £40.50. But there are places that do it cheaper too. There are games out there which cost a lot more every year and have a lot less new features (see: FIFA).

Secondly, there’s already a fair proportion of the community that already find a lot of the games features as unnecessary bloat.

Personally, yes, it is worth the price they charge, because I know I’ll get play time out of it, and some of the little QoL stuff they’ve added is really good.

Which brings me back to my original question. What groundbreaking new feature are you expecting?

30€ in instant gaming

1 hour ago, destmez said:

instant.png.cab817e9e7de9871c0a2a9af32f3b5c6.png  httpS " 

stop lying do your own research please   😡😡

I bought the "17" and the "19" on this site

https://gyazo.com/f579aeff6fede977d963abeeb1331062

No one's lying, that's a keyshop. They sell keys that aren't directly bought from the publisher. It's illegal. Think for a moment why it's so cheap compared to official sellers. SI aren't doing special favours for random keyshops. 

15 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

You can make some pretty good approximations of various styles tbh. 

I've seen people make some really good replication tactics. The day that the AI managers in FM can produce a good approximation of their own tactics is the day that the game reaches another level for me. But I'm not expecting that soon.

1 hour ago, KloppRodgersHodgson said:

I tend to just buy players with the most CA stars, keep them rotated so they’re fit, keep them happy by talking nice to them, and win everything.

I agree. Players with most CA will likely have the best attributes. Yes, the player can have lower CA but good attrubute spread but for the most part better the CA,  you will have the better player potentially able to perform at multiple roles in the team.

1 hour ago, KloppRodgersHodgson said:

Elaborating on this, I don’t really feel like the actual stats themselves matter much in the game:

- Players with low finishing are just as likely to score a chance with their weaker foot as a world-class finisher on their stronger foot

- Whenever I concede a long shot, I always check the stats and more often than not, they have a low long shot rating

- Players with low stamina will run all day

- As others have mentioned, Messi is no better at dribbling, or passing, or finishing, as a League Two player

- Man City are just as likely to score headed goals as Sheffield Utd

If it came out that the result was just a case of adding up all the stats from one team, add up all the other team, throw in a bit of random factor and multiply it all by morale, it wouldn’t surprise me.

However I don't agree with the rest of this post. It is oversimplification that isn't useful in any way. Player that has a long shot of 1 can still score a long range goal especially if other things are in his favour (his other attributes like composure, decisions, attributes of opposing defenders and GK, morale, weather conditions, if he is playing in a dominant team, etc). That doesn't mean that someone who is equally good player but has a better long shots wouldn't do better in his role if your tactical setup requires him to take long shots often.

So it makes sense to pay attention to their attributes. You can getaway without it if you have really strong team but you really miss out on the gems with lower CA but the right attribute spread and potentially lower wage demands who still perform on a world class level. Like if your anchorman has all the right attribues for that role but is average or below average in anything else does it really matter. I really don't think that the game just adds up attributes of one team and attributes of other team with some random factor and morale as you put it. Player roles and key and preferred attributes would be useless in that case. You could have just one rating for every player then.

i mean everyone saw that something is really wrong witht he last ME's, when even messi doesnt score above 20 goals at most saves.

such things are just frustration as you see that is something so strangely wrong. 

Edited by KiLLu12258

36 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

I hope that Training ratings is in FMT. It will be nice to choose your team on performance in training.

I'm a choosing my 11 players and stick with it, kind of guy.

Edited by grade

Just hope you can skip the VAR animations and any other nonsense (sorry, realism) that is added this time round.

Bad enough watching this in real games, without _having_ to suffer through it in a game.

In the "Sports Interactive and the Impact of Covid-19" Mr. Brock wrote:

We’ve been very quiet about future plans throughout this period, but then I never like us to talk about our plans until everything is definitively settled. I know that frustrates some of our fans, but it’s a policy that’s worked well for us in the 25+ years we’ve been making games. What I can confirm today is that, despite all the problems going on in the world, there will be new Football Manager games released later this year. They will be delivered a little later than we’d originally planned, but they’ll have exceptionally strong feature sets… albeit different to those we thought we’d settled on back in January when I completed my ‘dream feature set.

Is that reffering to the features already confirmed, something coming, or does it mean something completley different? English is'nt my first language.

Edited by Viking
I learned english from watching Monty Python.

8 hours ago, Buffalo12 said:

Question: Is this the SI forums or the " I hate FM but spend my time complaining about it instead of simply not buying it and moving on with my life" forums?

there is " Football Manager Feature Requests " but there are very few people, here we can discuss a lot more, watch for proof we have discussed during 24 pages 

you are very lucky if you past the page 1 in the feature forum

this is the " try to make fm better forum " 

Edited by destmez

4 hours ago, yolixeya said:

I agree. Players with most CA will likely have the best attributes. Yes, the player can have lower CA but good attrubute spread but for the most part better the CA,  you will have the better player potentially able to perform at multiple roles in the team.

However I don't agree with the rest of this post. It is oversimplification that isn't useful in any way. Player that has a long shot of 1 can still score a long range goal especially if other things are in his favour (his other attributes like composure, decisions, attributes of opposing defenders and GK, morale, weather conditions, if he is playing in a dominant team, etc). That doesn't mean that someone who is equally good player but has a better long shots wouldn't do better in his role if your tactical setup requires him to take long shots often.

So it makes sense to pay attention to their attributes. You can getaway without it if you have really strong team but you really miss out on the gems with lower CA but the right attribute spread and potentially lower wage demands who still perform on a world class level. Like if your anchorman has all the right attribues for that role but is average or below average in anything else does it really matter. I really don't think that the game just adds up attributes of one team and attributes of other team with some random factor and morale as you put it. Player roles and key and preferred attributes would be useless in that case. You could have just one rating for every player then.

That's the result of years of players never being consistent. All players feel the same, there's nothing truly distinctive about them. I remember, back in FM2007, I used to sign Freddy Guarin. He had 20 long shots, but was otherwise more or less useless. HOWEVER, when I slid the long shots slider all the way up the guy would CONSISTENTLY score 10-15 longs shots per season. Was that one dimensional? Sure, but it made players good at certain things, according to their stats. And it made playing against the AI more interesting because their star players preformed just like they should. That hasn't happened in FM in the last 10 years!

1 ora fa, Viking ha scritto:

In the "Sports Interactive and the Impact of Covid-19" Mr. Brock wrote:

Is that reffering to the features already confirmed, something coming, or does it mean something completley different? English is'nt my first language.

I'm afraid he seriously thought that the media revamp and confettis are the "strong features"... Of course i hope they left something big for later, but honestly who can believe this.

1 minute ago, Lexis said:

It would be tragic if they haven t fixed stamina, workrate and gegenpressing, something the community is barking at them for at least 2 seasons and they seem to be ignoring / missing it, despite it being obvious to any beta tester

Beta testers don't fix things. They break things, test things and flag it

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Beta testers don't fix things. They break things, test things and flag it

My point exactly. These are things that should be flagged and fixed. How are they still present after 2-3 years, hard to think, given how hard they influence the game

1 minute ago, Lexis said:

My point exactly. These are things that should be flagged and fixed. How are they still present after 2-3 years, hard to think, given how hard they influence the game

Everything goes into a list, and gets given a level of priority, along with how easy/hard it is to fix and the impact/balance it has elsewhere. And they work to that, and they will be best placed to know where to start

23 hours ago, forameuss said:

Oh well, if they just have to "handle it" then I guess that just means it must be easy then. Brilliant.

You couldve just stopped at "i don't understand" really.

Well, they sell a product, for money, so yeah, different issues during development is their problems, and they have to handle it, whether it's easy or not.
And you don’t have to be rude, no one offended you, just because you don’t agree with other opinion doesn’t mean you have to be rude, so clearly you have to work on yourself)

38 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Everything goes into a list, and gets given a level of priority, along with how easy/hard it is to fix and the impact/balance it has elsewhere. And they work to that, and they will be best placed to know where to start

Yes sir, I am quite familiar with the process. Personal opinion, but I would be very disappointed if reskinning press conferences was prioritized above fixing such a critical ME issue. Does look like I m not the only one thinking that

16 minutes ago, Lexis said:

Yes sir, I am quite familiar with the process. Personal opinion, but I would be very disappointed if reskinning press conferences was prioritized above fixing such a critical ME issue. Does look like I m not the only one thinking that

If you're familiar with the process then you'll know the ME has it's own dedicated team, and doesn't compete for priority against non ME items

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If you're familiar with the process then you'll know the ME has it's own dedicated team, and doesn't compete for priority against non ME items

It depends. There might be interplay with how the attribute system works. Don t think we know the whole aspect.

4 minutes ago, Lexis said:

It depends. There might be interplay with how the attribute system works. Don t think we know the whole aspect.

To be clear, press conferences will have nothing to do with, nor conflict with, the priority of an ME item. So people don't need to worry about that

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

To be clear, press conferences will have nothing to do with, nor conflict with, the priority of an ME item. 

I understand. But if the ME item interplays with systems outside of ME, I imagine at that point the other team is needed as well.

9 分钟前, FedAt说:

@Manjusaka what's your opinion on set pieces and training systems, do you satisfied with it? Do you use set pieces editor? and in general i'm wonder how many people use set pieces editor and are pleased with it

In this regard I agree with SI that set-pieces should not be the prime focus at the moment but my reason is that the open play has so many things that need to be fixed first. I am satisfied with it as long as players follow the set-piece instructions and set-piece goals remain at a realistic ratio. Of course I will be happier if multiple set-ups can be implemented simultaneously, and if set-piece duties can be automatically assigned according to attributes so that you don't need to worry about messing up the set-piece set-up by replacing a tall player with a short one on the formation board. I believe there is a need for a better set piece editor in the long run though as in real life there are teams which really drill on it a lot.

The training system in the current state is at least quite aesthetically pleasing. I don't expect the training system to have a substantial effect on player development so I cannot say I am not satisfied. In terms of player development I am more concerned about the mechanics of new position development, lack of character of youth academy and the player trait system.

29 minutes ago, Lexis said:

The match engine has its own dedicated team, each module in the game has its own dedicated team. Focusing on the press conference does not reduce the priority of other aspects of development. I could ask the project lead to come in and here and his answer will also be the same. I don't think its a good time for me to go ask them too, because they are after all prioritising development work at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Rashidi said:

The match engine has its own dedicated team, each module in the game has its own dedicated team. Focusing on the press conference does not reduce the priority of other aspects of development. I could ask the project lead to come in and here and his answer will also be the same. I don't think its a good time for me to go ask them too, because they are after all prioritising development work at the moment. 

I m not sure how granular teams are we talking about. If there s a specific training module team, why are we sometimes seeing very few if any changes to the training system? I imagine there s some sort of segregation, but Im not sure if it s per module. Would be interesting for them to share this with us

I am happy that now we can throw the bottles on our players but......

Will serie A finally have the right taxation for staff and players wages? As a serie A fan I don't want to play another year with many inflated gross wages.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

20 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

It's illegal.

It's not.

I do think it is very important to stress that grey market and unofficial market suppliers are very much legal. If a store buys from German/East European (or wherever) keys and sells them elsewhere, that is perfectly legal.

People have conflated them with Key market resellers - the ones that use credit card frauds etc, places like G2A and Kinguin - you'll know who they are because you're buying from individuals not from an actual store.

Key shops are otherwise above board believe it or not.

29 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

It's not.

I do think it is very important to stress that grey market and unofficial market suppliers are very much legal. If a store buys from German/East European (or wherever) keys and sells them elsewhere, that is perfectly legal.

People have conflated them with Key market resellers - the ones that use credit card frauds etc, places like G2A and Kinguin - you'll know who they are because you're buying from individuals not from an actual store.

And yet, we cannot guarantee that cdkeys, g2a, kinguin are not selling stolen keys or using CC fraud. While it's not illegal - it also may not be legal.

Edited by rosque

18 minutes ago, rosque said:

And yet, we cannot guarantee that cdkeys, g2a, kinguin are not selling stolen keys or using CC fraud. While it's not illegal - it also may not be legal.

ok ok ok its ok i didnt buy FM21 for now ,i will buy it later 😒😓

4 hours ago, FedAt said:

Well, they sell a product, for money, so yeah, different issues during development is their problems, and they have to handle it, whether it's easy or not.
And you don’t have to be rude, no one offended you, just because you don’t agree with other opinion doesn’t mean you have to be rude, so clearly you have to work on yourself)

You're very welcome to have your own opinion, everyone is.  Just like everyone else is welcome to challenge you on it.  The right to express your opinion doesn't protect you from that.  If I said something demonstrably wrong, I'd expect to be picked up on it.

3 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

It's not.

Ok but still doesn't seem like a normal to me. If they are legal, why not apply to become an official seller and be listed as one? 

I wouldn't buy there, but that's me. 

33 minutes ago, forameuss said:

You're very welcome to have your own opinion, everyone is.  Just like everyone else is welcome to challenge you on it.  The right to express your opinion doesn't protect you from that.  If I said something demonstrably wrong, I'd expect to be picked up on it.

Yeah I agree with that. Too bad sometimes most criticisms are brush to side... but Gods forbid the other way around happens... it is like the Sky is Falling.