Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 - New Headline Features


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, kingking said:

FM should really implement squad players having post match interviews. I want to see players views on certain matches, and being named Motm.

FM is not just about creating good tactics and winning matches.

It is the emotion of seeing your Newgens grow up and succeeding. The social side of seeing the reaction of fans and players to things happening in the club.

The difference between FM and Fifa 21 Career Mode is that FM you are more invested in the players and your club because of the deep social and emotional aspect of the game such as the players personality, reactions, moral, conversations and interactions.

One thing missing from the game is players having more of a voice. They need to have more input in the team social wise

That's a great idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

I don’t think the recruitment meetings (if they work properly) can really be described as cosmetic. And while some don’t agree I think the way they’ve overhauled the interactions is really just cosmetic either. The only thing that is is the end of season stuff, but that’s all good QoL stuff.

Match engine is worked on separately and we’re yet to really see what’s been done, that will have improvements, as it does every year, but again, in my personal opinion wasn’t that bad last year. The ME is worked on a different team from the other areas from the rest of the game, so it will never be one or the other.

Yeah those meetings are why I said 'mostly' cosmetic.  They do sound interesting and I'd like to see how they work in the game. As for the interactions, from the videos I've seen it does appear that some of the replies are the same but are laid out differently on the screen.

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Newgen faces are a much welcomed improvement on previous FMs, but what you cannot see from Miles’s cross section of 10 faces is the full variety on offer, currently despite being poor quality there’s also a lack of variety on faces, hair, beards etc. Would also be good to see 16 years olds without goatee’s etc, but we’ll see.

I was so fed up in FM20 with the faces that I downloaded Zealand’s real newgen faces which add a real face instead of the 3D one plus you can select the face you’d like on your newgen and honestly, it was a game changer, so if these are not fixed then I’ll use those again.

Does the game automatically assign faces to newgens with that or do they pop up as 3d models for you to then change afterwards?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt_forest said:

Yeah those meetings are why I said 'mostly' cosmetic.  They do sound interesting and I'd like to see how they work in the game. As for the interactions, from the videos I've seen it does appear that some of the replies are the same but are laid out differently on the screen.

Does the game automatically assign faces to newgens with that or do they pop up as 3d models for you to then change afterwards?

it’s all automatic. You can change them in you wish though too. So every newgen face  in the game is replaced with a real face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sherkey said:

Yeah, this again has interesting connotations, if well integrated. Based on your relationships with journalists, they may or may not carry articles - say, criticising a striker out of form. Whereas a journalist who is antagonistic will always criticise such a player. This, in turn, could affect the player's performances even more, basis how he handles Pressure. And the relationship varies with each conference, so it wouldn't get repetitive - sometimes, you have to stand off certain journalists, but in return, expect your players to receive more questioning articles.

Additionally, now that players can join you for press conferences, if your striker on a bad run is due for that, there can be the option to tell him that you would like him to sit it out, to avoid those questions. How he reacts to that will be basis his personality and how he handles pressure, along with the closeness of his relationship with you.

All of the features mentioned can contribute very positively towards the overall immersion in the game. It depends on how far SI takes it. As of now, conferences are nothing more than an annoyance, as I haven't seen them have any particular impact on player performances etc. Whereas it can easily go down that route.

Create your topic here its not a Bad Idea

https://community.sigames.com/forum/353-football-manager-pcmac/

The features like stadia, the improvement of the face of the regen according to the age, the XG these are ideas that I saw in this forum, and I am very grateful in Interactive sport I am really happy to see the community working to improve the game

Edited by destmez
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of this stuff sounds pretty good  so far. The media module has needed an overhaul for a few years so I'm glad they're trying to make it more in depth and closer to life. I'm hoping that the body-language thing is gonna be slightly more than a tone reskin but TBH if the module has been given more nuance anyway I don't think it matters whether I'm fist-bumping someone or passionate.

Recruitment stuff passes me by a bit as I seldom play as team looking to sign lots of people but if I do diversify it looks pretty interesting.

The end of season stuff is a decent quality of life improvement but that kind of stuff is only made more interesting if the media/board/fan reaction and feedback modules go along side it. Will wait and see on that.

As for Covid? While I get what @forameuss was saying with regards to shaking up the world and making it a lil more interesting (hey, years of FM will do that to ya) I'm not sure what else they really could have done and they've probably struck the best balance to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. 

Overall I'm cautiously seeing what's what and looking to see what the ME does and how tactics translate into it in the next couple of weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mozza79 said:

not sure about January but pretty sure you can suggest starting contract discussions at end of season on the current game.

That's true.

I just have my own system, where if a contract expires in 2022, I sign a new contract with players in January 2021. And anything else gets left for the end of the season.

 

I had a cracker today, a player came by and asked for a new contract as I was submitting the team sheet for the Promotion deciding match... Timing!

 

Anyway, to keep it on topic, I'd like to see them do something like that, you know? Make it part of the code of conduct or something. So I don't get overwhelmed with mid-season contract demands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mozza79 said:

not sure about January but pretty sure you can suggest starting contract discussions at end of season on the current game.

That's true.

I just have my own system, where if a contract expires in 2022, I sign a new contract with players in January 2021. And anything else gets left for the end of the season.

 

I had a cracker today, a player came by and asked for a new contract as I was submitting the team sheet for the Promotion deciding match... Timing!

 

Anyway, to keep it on topic, I'd like to see them do something like that, you know? Make it part of the code of conduct or something. So I don't get overwhelmed with mid-season contract demands.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit, I do like the sound of the features however after the last few years editions having multiple issues with their match engine on launch and lasts years match engine just being shocking in general, I'll be holding off until they no doubt discount the price around January time. Usually cheaper and will likely have had a few updates by then to improve the game as per usual.

Not enough changes to warrant the full price these days for me.

Edited by ScottishFM
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DragonAndLance said:

I've bought every single release of Football Manager since 2009. I've spent over 1000 hours on every version. I've recommended the game to lots of friends. But I'm done now. I'm not going to keep spending 50-60 on a game that changes incrementally every year. The newgens reveal is the final nail in the coffin for me. How is it 2020 and your graphics still look just as ugly as they ever did?

So to understand your argument, based upon what you've said, a game that costs you at most 0.06 (insert currency denomination here) per hour of gameplay, is somehow not value for money?

That has to be the only reason you bring it up right? Because why else invoke the cost unless you feel somehow its not a good return on the investment. It seems strange to me either way. If you don't like the game and what it looks like its going to be, then don't purchase it. If you're feeling that such an insignificant amount per hour of engagement is too much, then there's not going to be much that pleases you in a value/time spent manner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

Gotta agree with the Reddit folk here, this is kinda disappointing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/jfdq88/fm_21_newgen_models

Honestly, it's an improvement but how can anyone be actually happy with this. It's 2020 and we can't get average looking faces in the game. 

The skins looks completely smooth better than models and I wanna know what skincare routine these newgens use. 

Maybe the focus this year was only minimal improvements to the newgen face models as efforts were elsewhere which has more urgent needs. It's nowhere near year 2020 quality but it's still a slight improvement. We anyway have modders like Moose who is producing extremely high quality newgen faces. so it's fine.

I'm still patiently waiting to see how the ME & AI are. Those 2 are the core of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the above post above that we are "lucky to have modders like Moose who is producing high quality new gen faces"...yes we are lucky but seriously....why are modders doing a better job with skins, new gen faces and the like that those employed at SI games?

look at any skin from a modder and it looks much nicer than the offical skin after taking into account real logos and so forth....

 

Edited by Terry1973
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, santy001 said:

So to understand your argument, based upon what you've said, a game that costs you at most 0.06 (insert currency denomination here) per hour of gameplay, is somehow not value for money?

That has to be the only reason you bring it up right? Because why else invoke the cost unless you feel somehow its not a good return on the investment. It seems strange to me either way. If you don't like the game and what it looks like its going to be, then don't purchase it. If you're feeling that such an insignificant amount per hour of engagement is too much, then there's not going to be much that pleases you in a value/time spent manner.

I'm not arguing anything. I'm sharing my personal opinion that I will not buy a new football manager until there is real change in the game and I find it worth the price.

If I ever want to play football manager, I can play one of my past 12 copies. I dont need to keep buying essentially the same game with an updated transfer list. 

Edited by DragonAndLance
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terry1973 said:

Reading the above post above that we are "lucky to have modders like Moose who is producing high quality new gen faces"...yes we are lucky but seriously....why are modders doing a better job with skins, new gen faces and the like that those employed at SI games?

look at any skin from a modder and it looks much nicer than the offical skin after taking into account real logos and so forth....

 

Because that's what a game like FM is about. It's a game where the community can further enhance their experience of the game by modifying some of the cosmetics element in the game.

As i've said before, SI really needs to look into how they can further enhance the power of their community which is free & readily available. Let's be honest, the new newgen faces, though an improvement, is still horrible considering we are in 2020. But these are the stuffs that the community can and should be handling.

i mentioned Euro Truck Simulator 2 before - a 2012 game - where the community are the one performing the modifications to a huge array of the cosmetics and details of the game. A couple of days ago, they launched a video celebrating 8 years of the game thanking the community for their efforts. I hope SI follows that game in it's direction where the developer solely main focus is on bringing in next-gen Architecture and physics engine to the game. The community does the rest of the city design.

FM can follow in the same direction & if the ME this year is great, then we know it's going in the right direction. Leave the 3d face creation, stadium editor, interactions Q&A, social media feeds etc etc to the community and focus on bringing next-gen graphics into the game - Raytracing, DX11, brand new Match Engine & AI etc etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

Gotta agree with the Reddit folk here, this is kinda disappointing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/jfdq88/fm_21_newgen_models

Honestly, it's an improvement but how can anyone be actually happy with this. It's 2020 and we can't get average looking faces in the game. 

The skins looks completely smooth better than models and I wanna know what skincare routine these newgens use. 

Yeah and in the future they will add more haircuts to increase  the realism 👍🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upthetoon said:

Because that's what a game like FM is about. It's a game where the community can further enhance their experience of the game by modifying some of the cosmetics element in the game.

As i've said before, SI really needs to look into how they can further enhance the power of their community which is free & readily available. Let's be honest, the new newgen faces, though an improvement, is still horrible considering we are in 2020. But these are the stuffs that the community can and should be handling.

i mentioned Euro Truck Simulator 2 before - a 2012 game - where the community are the one performing the modifications to a huge array of the cosmetics and details of the game. A couple of days ago, they launched a video celebrating 8 years of the game thanking the community for their efforts. I hope SI follows that game in it's direction where the developer solely main focus is on bringing in next-gen Architecture and physics engine to the game. The community does the rest of the city design.

FM can follow in the same direction & if the ME this year is great, then we know it's going in the right direction. Leave the 3d face creation, stadium editor, interactions Q&A, social media feeds etc etc to the community and focus on bringing next-gen graphics into the game - Raytracing, DX11, brand new Match Engine & AI etc etc.

I really hope that Sport Interactive will be open to this idea because they have worked a lot and can not do everything more the Mods represents an incredible potential on this game especially on the ME

I think the community can create some really fun things

Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly... it's all about ME.

FM20 was never enjoyable, at least for me. I'd be pleased to never see again tactics with 4/4 attack duties in the front line working so much better than others, especially after spending my childhood studying correct pairs and combinations around the communities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moose, as good as the creator is, creates 100 individual faces in 365 days or so. SI has to program it in the game so that there is enough variety for hundreds of thousands of players and have to make it so that they are appropriate regionaly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kingking said:

FM should really implement squad players having post match interviews. I want to see players views on certain matches, and being named Motm.

This is an amazing idea about players having interviews and generally speaking up in media. You should really post this in suggestions

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 минуты назад, rosque сказал:

Moose, as good as the creator is, creates 100 individual faces in 365 days or so. SI has to program it in the game so that there is enough variety for hundreds of thousands of players and have to make it so that they are appropriate regionaly.

I'm not sure for 100% but looks like it calls 'facial composite' in English. Software where're you can create face from parts. Using in Police Departments for example.
Just use templates from them (or not 'just' I dont know how much its difficult)

Sometimes people looks very similar like De Bruyne and Zinchenko, but when system create a faces from parts - more chances for unique face.
Probably for now it works the same but looks like no many templates for every part of face. Or they looks very very similar.
Lets separate face for 5 parts. Thisi s geometric progression for new templates in every part

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, santy001 said:

So to understand your argument, based upon what you've said, a game that costs you at most 0.06 (insert currency denomination here) per hour of gameplay, is somehow not value for money?

That has to be the only reason you bring it up right? Because why else invoke the cost unless you feel somehow its not a good return on the investment. It seems strange to me either way. If you don't like the game and what it looks like its going to be, then don't purchase it. If you're feeling that such an insignificant amount per hour of engagement is too much, then there's not going to be much that pleases you in a value/time spent manner.

I feel from a mod this is a poor comment. 

The point is, if this was a game which had a season pass model where you pay for future updates/changes, I'm not sure many would pay the same price of the game again for the (imo) small changes that have been announced so far. The biggest change for such an update would be the database of which there are many community updates freely available. But releasing the updates as a brand new game gets people pre-ordering it without even seeing what's announced.

I often see the cost per hour as a defence for the game. It doesn't wash with me. I'd much rather pay £60 for a game I enjoy for 30 hours than pay £30 for a game you spend hundreds of hours on, only to look back and think "yeah, it wasn't worth it". One of the reason's the "cost per hour" defence falls flat with me, is that the game frequently suffers issues/bugs which aren't addressed or fixed for months, if they're fixed at all. How many of those hours logged involves users persevering with the game hoping the issues affecting their save are addressed? I stuck with mine until March when SI said they were no longer developing the same as the bug causing my save issues still wasn't fixed. My 307 hours of waiting for bugs to be fixed and watching the same matches over and over again regardless of what tactic I deployed, does not represent value to me looking back so my decision to not buy FM21 is looking more and more certain.

Quote

If you don't like the game and what it looks like its going to be, then don't purchase it.

That's his point and is mine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

I'm not sure for 100% but looks like it calls 'facial composite' in English. Software where're you can create face from parts. Using in Police Departments for example.
Just use templates from them (or not 'just' I dont know how much its difficult)

Sometimes people looks very similar like De Bruyne and Zinchenko, but when system create a faces from parts - more chances for unique face.
Probably for now it works the same but looks like no many templates for every part of face. Or they looks very very similar.
Lets separate face for 5 parts. Thisi s geometric progression for new templates in every part

Yeah, let's "just use" another piece of software that uses different programming language, takes who knows what inputs and gives out ouputs in who knows what kind of format. "just use it"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe it or not @PoeticOtter when becoming a mod I wasn't required to forfeit all my own opinions. If you dislike the way in which I, or any mod, conducts ourselves on the forums - there's the contact us option at the bottom which bypasses the moderators and will let you report any unhappiness to Neil who is the admin for the forums from SI.

Not liking the way the game looks, is in its own entirety, a perfectly valid comment and criticism. That can be offered up in feedback and it stands on its own merits. 

Invoking the amount you have paid for the game, the amount of time you've played it for and so on doesn't tie in with that criticism in any way. You should also note in my post I said hours of engagement, because ultimately I can't help it if people are willing to sink an enormous amount of time into something they don't enjoy. Personally I wouldn't do it. There's a couple of interpretations that arise when someone makes a point about having spent so much time & money on the game but not finding it worthwhile. Either there's some really meaningful feedback they're leaving out, which SI could do with hearing about. Or, alternatively, its a case of trying foster seniority onto the argument that by having X amount of time played and Y amount of years played it's somehow more meaningful as feedback. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible edition again this year it seems. The features are largely unimportant and every aspect that has been lacking the last 5 years seems to be lacking still.

I'll just play as per usual: Assistant handles all the hollow processes of talking, training etc. and I holiday every single game because the match experience is boring and extremely repetitive.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pav_Makarov said:

This is an amazing idea about players having interviews and generally speaking up in media. You should really post this in suggestions

This makes perfect sense. Especially as the players already have a media/dealing with media personality.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like what I've been complaining about since February is true. 

More and more gimmicks, less focus on what makes the game so amazing. I really hope I am wrong and SI deliver something amazing, my god we need it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a look at these new newgen models. Had to laugh. How is it someone like Debeski nearly 5 years ago can create something better himself, than the team at SI? Looks like I’ll be turning off newgen models again...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of posts about people playing the game for years despite it being "terrible" and "horrible" and "not worth it" and so on. This is very odd to me, I really don't understand it. Why do you keep on playing something that you continously seem to dislike? I get if you try it and be like "ooh, this was not for me" but to then put another 100+ hours into it is beyond me. 

Now, I'm not saying you are doing something wrong. I just don't understand it. I just refunded a title I've been playing for years because I didn't think their new product was good enough. So I spent a total of 2 hours in the game, compared to the usual 1000+. I would never find myself playing 300 hours and then look back at it and thinking "wish I hadn't wasted my time on that". Games are fun now, in the moment. If they are not then I leave it instantly. It's weird to me that so many doesn't play that way.

Sorry, very off topic.

Super excited by xG and what that hopefully mean for analysis. Can't wait to get stuck in. Hopefully this also means that CCCs are gone!

Recruitment is going in the direction I want, less micromanage scouting and more relying your recruitment staff to sort it out. Very keen to dig into that!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Karnack said:

I see a lot of posts about people playing the game for years despite it being "terrible" and "horrible" and "not worth it" and so on. This is very odd to me, I really don't understand it. Why do you keep on playing something that you continously seem to dislike?

It's very simple: There's no alternative football manager game. Which is probably also the reason the game isn't really advancing and hasn't been for years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kristianmehl said:

It's very simple: There's no alternative football manager game. Which is probably also the reason the game isn't really advancing and hasn't been for years.

But that doesn't explain why people play something they don't enjoy? Or is it such an addiction that a (in their minds) horrible time wasting product is better than no product?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The cost/hours things cannot be a real indocation of something in a game like FM where the half the time you are doing literally nothing. 

And, of course,  quality win always over quantity.

Said that, FM price is low. But it is low for someone who purchace it for the first time. 

For everyear users cannot be the same. 

Said that, the point for me is not the price. 

But it Is love for the game. And when you love something you can't be satisfied with that thing doing the bare minimum (according to your preferences, of course)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Karnack said:

But that doesn't explain why people play something they don't enjoy? Or is it such an addiction that a (in their minds) horrible time wasting product is better than no product?

Yes, that's exactly what it is :)

Though I would say that the number of hours I've spent playing each annual edition has definitely gone down the last 4-5 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find press conferences the most boring aspect of the game. I always send my assistant to do these since the first FM they were introduced.

It's very intriguing to me why SI focuses so much on press conferences since i know a lot of people who like me, never bother with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kristianmehl said:

Yes, that's exactly what it is :)

Though I would say that the number of hours I've spent playing each annual edition has definitely gone down the last 4-5 years.

Fair enough, I just find it strange :) I don't play or do things I find terrible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kristianmehl said:

It's very simple: There's no alternative football manager game. Which is probably also the reason the game isn't really advancing and hasn't been for years.

No, sorry, that just doesn't work.  You can't talk about how awful everything is, while simultaneously telling SI, although implicitly, that they're doing a good job by keeping their sales figures up.  The "oh but I like football" argument is a terrible one when it comes to FIFA, and it's the same here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Karnack said:

Fair enough, I just find it strange :) I don't play or do things I find terrible

It's not terrible in a sense, that game is ****. As a management simulator it's still good and given that it's the only available game in the market, we of course play it, hell FM is one of my most favorite past times still. BUT we see what's going wrong and how areas, that can be addressed, are not addressed at all. Consider it not as much criticizing a game, rather a real worry for a favorite title. I don't see FM for example as separate games each year, it's a big product, changing iteration to iteration. And now changes are for worse and I'm worried.

Kind like that. I think FM 20 is worst from all 8 titles I've played, but I still like playing it and will be buying 21, I still think there is a big room for improvement and want to think SI wants to go there too, so I stick with it

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, forameuss said:

No, sorry, that just doesn't work.  You can't talk about how awful everything is, while simultaneously telling SI, although implicitly, that they're doing a good job by keeping their sales figures up.  The "oh but I like football" argument is a terrible one when it comes to FIFA, and it's the same here.

Why exactly does that 'just not work'?

I am buying the least terrible football managerial game out there kind of like how I vote in elections for the least **** candidate.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kristianmehl said:

Why exactly does that 'just not work'?

I am buying the least terrible football managerial game out there kind of like how I vote in elections for the least **** candidate.

 

Because if I straight up don't like a completely optional consumable product that I don't specifically need, then I'm not going to keep buying it just because I don't have an alternative.

If you don't like the direction the product is going, can you at least see why continually buying it isn't exactly a route to it changing said direction?  How SI can look at their own roadmap, look at their continuing good sales, and think they're doing the right thing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, forameuss said:

Because if I straight up don't like a completely optional consumable product that I don't specifically need, then I'm not going to keep buying it just because I don't have an alternative.

If you don't like the direction the product is going, can you at least see why continually buying it isn't exactly a route to it changing said direction?  How SI can look at their own roadmap, look at their continuing good sales, and think they're doing the right thing?

First of all, you're making a fair point. I think it's wishful thinking that enough people should stop buying the game unless it was coordinated. So for me that's not a viable option.

Being vocal here, however, is another way of making them aware of changes that needs to be made. And the only way you could contribute to that is buying the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Karnack said:

But that doesn't explain why people play something they don't enjoy? Or is it such an addiction that a (in their minds) horrible time wasting product is better than no product?

I'm one of the people you are complaining about.

For me it is a mixture or addiction, and to chasing the dream of playing the game I want FM to be, so I play it hoping and pretending it is, chasing the glimmers of storylines that I want to be amazing but they die away.

They die away because the game is isntt good enough, you can't do manager stories as can jump high jobs too soon, success too fake and false as is won by gaming the ME even by accident.

We play because we want it to be good, and there is nothing else. That doesn't make it good.

It isn't overpriced. That doesn't make it good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Because if I straight up don't like a completely optional consumable product that I don't specifically need, then I'm not going to keep buying it just because I don't have an alternative.

If you don't like the direction the product is going, can you at least see why continually buying it isn't exactly a route to it changing said direction?  How SI can look at their own roadmap, look at their continuing good sales, and think they're doing the right thing?

I see you repeat same nonsense from earlier page.

1.5m sales or 1,499,999. No difference to SI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DragonAndLance said:

How is it 2020 and your graphics still look just as ugly as they ever did?

graphics are tied to the game engine. they'd have to use an entirely different engine to have 2020 graphics... and that means re-writing millions/billions of lines of codes. just imagine how long that will take. by the time SI manages to do that, that graphics engine will look dated and they'd have to do the same thing all over again using a newer game engine.

we'll never have modern graphics in this game unless SI increases their dev team by 2000% and re-writes the game from the ground up.

and becuase there is no competition for this game, SI knows we'll keep buying FM regardless. must be nice to update fonts/UI and consider that a "brand new" game...

Edited by Artin
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minuti fa, Artin ha scritto:

graphics are tied to the game engine. they'd have to use an entirely different engine to have 2020 graphics... and that means re-writing millions/billions of lines of codes. just imagine how long that will take. by the time SI manages to do that, that graphics engine will look dated and they'd have to do the same thing all over again using a newer game engine.

we'll never have modern graphics in this game unless SI increases their dev team by 2000% and re-writes the game from the ground up.

and becuase there is no competition for this game, SI knows we'll keep buying FM regardless. must be nice to update fonts/UI and consider that a "brand new" game...

fair enough, but considering that almost 70%/80% of the posts here on the forum (which is supposed to be made by "hardcore" fans and less occasional ones, that maybe deserve a little bit more consideration) is about complains on the ME and animations, it's a bit understandable our disappointment when we get "end of season celebration" as a headline feature.

And btw... if you get proud of those millions of sold copies, then your fanbase expectations will definitely be higher and higher than an indie game company.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...