Sell him, I hate short players (Messi says hi) :D

Seriously though,  short full backs are a problem, a lot of regens are short 

I'd guess if his mentals are all solid he could outmaneuver taller players 

4 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

What's his jumping reach? I'm pretty sure that has more impact within the game. 

3 lol its in the post albeit misspelled

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Sell him, I hate short players (Messi says hi) :D

Seriously though,  short full backs are a problem, a lot of regens are short 

I'd guess if his mentals are all solid he could outmaneuver taller players 

aw man that sucks i guess it will free up a non eu spot though

2 minutes ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

aw man that sucks i guess it will free up a non eu spot though

Post up a pic of his attributes, depending on where he shines he could be retrained 

To put 161cm into context, I considered Mascherano a short central defender and he was 174cm tall. I'd definitely not bother with him at CB, but potentially he could be retrained in a different role, maybe a BWM etc. (like Kante, who is only 168cm)

11 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

There's a big problem with jumping reach in regens.

True, I was looking for two fullbacks last night, 11 years in so regen time & they're all 5 6" - 5 7". It's no wonder so many far post headers are scored  

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

True, I was looking for two fullbacks last night, 11 years in so regen time & they're all 5 6" - 5 7". It's no wonder so many far post headers are scored  

Yeah I'm looking at my squad now and it turns out everyone's on the short side. I've got a regen at 1.98 cm but he's an outlier lol. Here are his stats:2145538435_Screenshot2020-10-14at7_26_18PM.thumb.png.6cb0d3ec98dcecf3b884101af6339059.png

He's not perfect right now but he's only 19 and I've only had him for half a season.

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Depending on his stats, I'd retrain him elsewhere - fullback or DM/CM as a BWM/DLP.

He can certainly play DM/CM but I don't need bodies there now :P I have too many MC's, I had to move a couple of DM's down to CD's. I play 4-4-2.

I basically want tall players at striker, centerback, and if possible on one wing.  I'm willing to tolerate shorter players on one wing, in two of my three central midfield positions and at fullback if I have to.  Strikers who're less than 6'0 go straight in the bin.

As with most things it is all about the trade off. Personally I'd be saying that I expect my team to dominate most games, boss them with circa 70% of the ball, and therefore back that he'd have more good moments and contributions than the odd occasion when the lack of height/aerial prowess was exploited. But that's just how I see it...

I'm struggling to find CBs with good jumping reach in 2029. There's also a dearth of defenders and defensive MF with decent levels of aggression too, need to find a way to angry them up a bit :mad:

I had a young CB I inherited with jumping reach of 8. At the time he was rated as my best defender, possibly best player full stop. I got bids of £20m+ from bigger clubs but held them off as they didn't meet his min fee release clause. Retrained him as a midfield anchor man, turned out he was equally crap there too. Flogged him to a Spanish team for £8-9m in the end, very disappointing!