Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

 

4 hours ago, PepsiFan77 said:

I will start

It's better to be a bigger club than a small club

 

 

In the 14 years of me playing FM, I've never managed below the top division. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, interesti88 said:

 

 

In the 14 years of me playing FM, I've never managed below the top division. 

The last time I played in the top division was CM01/02. Since then, I've never made it higher than the third tier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DementedHammer said:

I'll take that one step further: using the player or staff search is cheating. :)

This too but I didn't want to be THAT unpopular  :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Without wanting to totally spam this thread: team dynamics, the medical centre, and the new training module are fantastic additions to the game that have significantly added to my immersion. 

Also, there should be less high potential youth candidates - even the best clubs probably only get a couple of first team players a decade on average. 

Edited by DementedHammer
Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole point of FM is for it to be a bit too easy when you know how to play the game

FM17 was a weak match engine

The tactics system and match engine would be improved with fewer options, not more

International management is actually fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Love this idea but how would it work in practice

A bit simplistic, but an attacking tactic would have a higher defensive line, more aggressive pressing, wingers as AMRL instead of MRL. You'd just have to change those settings without adding the modifier of team mentality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

A bit simplistic, but an attacking tactic would have a higher defensive line, more aggressive pressing, wingers as AMRL instead of MRL. You'd just have to change those settings without adding the modifier of team mentality.

That does sound good, i've often found a lot of the instructions very contradictory.

Who knows they may well do it, they got rid of the ability to change fluidity 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 horas atrás, DementedHammer disse:

I'll take that one step further: using the player or staff search is cheating. :)

Interesting (without irony), so how do you set up your staff? Job advertisement?

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 99 said:

Interesting (without irony), so how do you set up your staff? Job advertisement?

That's how I do it, I find it more realistic than trawling through a list

Same with players, I use my scouts.  If I play against a player or a player comes up in a news item i'll scout them but I don't use player search

Just standard LLM/LLaMa guidelines really, nothing revolutionary 

Edited by Brother Ben
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutos atrás, Brother Ben disse:

That's how I do it, I find it more realistic than trawling through a list

Same with players, I use my scouts.  If I play against a player or a player comes up in a news item i'll scout them but I don't use player search

Just standard LLM/LLaMa guidelines really, nothing revolutionary 

Players I do the same. Only what the scouting brings to me. But staff I usually use search, yes...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kandersson said:

Team mentality needs to go away.

 

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

Love this idea but how would it work in practice

 

1 hour ago, rafaelbenitez said:

A bit simplistic, but an attacking tactic would have a higher defensive line, more aggressive pressing, wingers as AMRL instead of MRL. You'd just have to change those settings without adding the modifier of team mentality.

 

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

That does sound good, i've often found a lot of the instructions very contradictory.

Who knows they may well do it, they got rid of the ability to change fluidity 

You can do that right now, or indeed with any version of FM.  Just leave mentality on Balanced (or whatever you choose) and adjust formation, TIs, PIs, roles and duties to suit.

Mentality is just a starting point and one cog in the clock.  It doesn't define whether you play in a defensive or attacking style (despite descriptions), the other tactical settings (and players) do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging a new game off the back of a 1 minute video with features being flashed up for milliseconds, especially the ME, does not result in a valid well rounded opinion

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, herne79 said:

 

 

 

You can do that right now, or indeed with any version of FM.  Just leave mentality on Balanced (or whatever you choose) and adjust formation, TIs, PIs, roles and duties to suit.

Mentality is just a starting point and one cog in the clock.  It doesn't define whether you play in a defensive or attacking style (despite descriptions), the other tactical settings (and players) do that.

Agreed, I never play on anything other than balanced for the most part. It might however be a little confusing for newer players who tend to use an attacking mentality plus aggressive instructions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tactics that have a 'philosophy' and affect a need to climb a mountain to visit an oracle to gain understanding, are no better than a good 'ol route one strategy from the manager of the Rose & Crown Sunday league team :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 99 said:

Interesting (without irony), so how do you set up your staff? Job advertisement?

Job advertisements on most occasions. The only recent example I can think of where I used the staff search was when I advertised for a physio (I think), and six months later there had been no applications. If someone had applied during that time I'd have signed them on, regardless of how good they were.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one: Natural fitness should be a hidden attribute. It should also be split into two attributes: one part that covers a player's recovery rate, and another that determines the rate that their physical attributes will decline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

That's how I do it, I find it more realistic than trawling through a list

Same with players, I use my scouts.  If I play against a player or a player comes up in a news item i'll scout them but I don't use player search

Just standard LLM/LLaMa guidelines really, nothing revolutionary 

This seems like a strange handicap. As I understand it, the search goes through a list of players that your scouts know about. It's like the scouts went to the effort of putting together a searchable database that you are ignoring. That's why you hire a scout with distinct knowledge of a country, because it increases the number of known players. Not all players in the game's database will show up in your search. That's how I understand it anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fivetwelvepony said:

This seems like a strange handicap. As I understand it, the search goes through a list of players that your scouts know about. It's like the scouts went to the effort of putting together a searchable database that you are ignoring. That's why you hire a scout with distinct knowledge of a country, because it increases the number of known players. Not all players in the game's database will show up in your search. That's how I understand it anyway. 

What is the point of using it, how can you tell if anyone is any good on that list?  You won't be able to see any of their attributes anyway

edit - maybe this has changed?  I've been playing this way for well over a decade so I don't go near the player search function

Edited by Brother Ben
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

What is the point of using it, how can you tell if anyone is any good on that list?  You won't be able to see any of their attributes anyway

 

Yes you can, you can set up multiple views so you can see attributes (unless you have masking on), and lots of other info. Its very customisable. I use it to mostly filter players that are nearing the end of their contract, then scout the ones that look interesting. 

I get why people don't use it, to keep it more 'realistic', but of course the irony of this is that real life managers can (and do) use the FM database to search for players on occasion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yes you can, you can set up multiple views so you can see attributes (unless you have masking on), and lots of other info. Its very customisable. I use it to mostly filter players that are nearing the end of their contract, then scout the ones that look interesting. 

I get why people don't use it, to keep it more 'realistic', but of course the irony of this is that real life managers can (and do) use the FM database to search for players on occasion. 

I have attribute masking on so for me I guess it would be just a list of names and positions really.  It's just one of the hard and fast LLM guidelines that I stick to.  TBH my scouts find plenty of players anyway so i'm not sure why i'd need it.  Each to their own though I suppose

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...