Is it possible to add or remove names from a country's regen name pool?

duckduckgoose

I'm trying to make an independent Catalonia by using the editor, and I'm replacing Luxembourg with Catalonia, so Im wondering if I could change Luxembourg's regen name pool, I already tried changing the nationality of a few hundred Spanish players with low CA, but that didn't seem to work much. Is there anyway to do this?

It is possible to remove names to a certain extent, if those names aren't inherently part of the nations name pool.

We are talking about, say a guy called Martinovic in Luxembourg. Move him to Montenegro and he won't come back, but the regular Luxembourg names cannot be removed.

It depends if the Martinovic name is part of the name pool  or not. 

I would claim there are both names from the database that can be moved/amended/etc. There's also hard coded names that can't. Without being political I don't think you can say there's an ethnic component to this but only citizenship as seen by assistant researchers. 

See the regular questions from people creating their own nations that old names are still there. 

Edited by Fredrik

There are essentially two name pools, country name pools and player name pools. There is obviously some overlap for the player names that occur in the country name pool as well.

There is also language which adds a name pool.

Depending on those three and the newgens second nation players that can be you get your player lists filled.