Which teams are you looking forward to playing as on FM21?

Assuming I do actually get FM21, I'll have a Queens Park save, a Deportivo save and an Arsenal save; I might try (futilely, again) to start a Clermont Foot save.  I'll plan for different formations for all three/four.  Maybe 4-6-0/4-5-1 false 9 in Spain and either 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 flat with Arsenal.  Scotland I'll try to find something wildly attacking; maybe a 4-2-4.

21 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Chertanovo Moscow

They are hardcoded to not sign any players. 

Was going to start it as my last save on FM20 but I think this will be a more long term project

I saw this the other day on a YouTube video and thought it would be a good save. Don't think I'll be doing it on this release though as I'm gunna do the Youth Only Challenge for BETA so will have my fill of that type of save. Maybe next year though or if other saves don't pan out.

I have two thoughts currently.  One general and one more specific.

For the general one, Start a journeyman save in South America and see where it takes me.  I've heard the league rules can be quite wacky in this part of the world and I've never managed there, save for one brief save via an added league (Paraguay I think) that I couldn't really get into.

For the more specific, for some reason I really fancy taking a crack at managing Coventry City and turning them back into an established top flight team, like they were 20 years ago.  Not saying I'll manage it as my track record isn't great, but that is what seems to be appealing to me right now.

Brighton. 

Walton, Lamptey, White, Bissouma, Alzate, Molumby, Mac Allister and Connolly all young first team players. All with exception of Walton seem to have the quality to play at bigger clubs now or in the future, so hoping their CA's & PA's reflect that even more this year. 

Quite a few young players on loan at good levels to come back as well, along with the youth team's performing really well which should see the quality of the young players increased this year. 

A lot of youth but still have the experience of Dunk, Gross, Propper and the newly signed Lallana to go with players at a really good age in March, Webster, Trossard and Maupay. Very exciting times to be a Brighton fan!

After missing out on Darwin Nunez for 20mil and not spending it afterwards, the transfer balance could be quite good too. 

On 04/10/2020 at 15:04, RKM said:

Peterborough United.

They have a young squad of really good players plus money in the bank from selling Ivan Toney to Brentford for £6.5m plus £3.5m in add-ons which will reach £10m in total.

**Ages of players of when the start date for season in FM... not real life ages.**

GK - Pym (24)
DEF - Thompson (29)
DEF - Beevers (30)
DEF - Kent (24)
RM - Ward (26)
CM - Taylor (22)
CM - Brown (24)
LM - Butler (25)
AM - Szmodics (24)
ST - Clarke-Harris (26)
ST - Dembele (23)

-------------------------------

GK - Gyollai (23)
DEF - Mason (23)
DEF - Edwards (17)
DEF - Blake-Tracy (24)
RM - Kanu (20)
CM - Reed (23)
CM - Hamilton (21)
LM - Burrows (18)
AM - Broom (23)
ST - Eisa (26)
ST - Jones (17)

--------------------------------

AM - Clarke (17)
DEF - Copping (19)
DEF - Mensah (17)
AM - Tasdemir (20)

The four strikers Peterborough have in Clarke-Harris, Dembele, Eisa, Jones should score goals for fun at League 1 level.

Be interesting to see how Ronnie Edwards turns out. 17 year old centre back brought from Barnet in the summer.  The Peterborough chairman / El Presidente is calling him  'Franz Beckenbauer'. 

With the club building a new stadium by January 2023,  this should be an exciting save. They have based the new stadium on the Groupama Arena in Budapest, the home of Ferencvárosi TC. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51562457

I wonder if Peterborough will have that club objective of being favored into signing Irish players cos their owner is Irish.

I like that challenge as I can manage Peterborough and also manage Republic Of Ireland national team as dual manager of both teams and use Peterborough as a way of creating the next Irish superstar players.

Manchester United.

But... in order to make it spicy, I will turn off the transfer window. Also, I will make a random DoF start the signings, without using the Transfer Target feature. Any attempt by the DoF to buy a right-winger must be cancelled.

If SI can code that in to be United's default transfer mode, it'll save me some time. :P

Got about 10 teams shortlisted atm but haven't fully decided on my first save. Leaning towards Dresden though atm. 

Few sides in South America I've jotted down, never managed in SA, been meaning to do it for the last couple of versions but never got around to it, will aim to do that this FM. 

On 16/10/2020 at 04:48, He can't believe he's missed it said:

Deportivo La Coruna - relegated to the Spanish third tier but just sold 20k season tickets and former FM wonderkid Diego Rolan in the attack.

The Spanish third tier is a good shout, if it's implemented properly you could find yourself in tier 2-5 in 21/22  (essentially you can be relegated 2 tiers) It's a mammoth system this year with 102 teams. 

A real challenge for sure, maybe a bit easier with Deportivo (no doubt board expectations will be high though)

Definitely a cracking challenge for an LLM save and i'm interested to see how they implement it in game

The Wikipedia page explains it better than me, good luck working it out though :D

Edited by Brother Ben