Which teams are you looking forward to playing as on FM21?

I think the team I'm going to play as first will probably be Sheffield United. They would have recieved a bump in stats given their good performance last season and they've made some interesting signings this window (Brewster, Ramsdale, Lowe, Bogle, Burke, etc). I'd also be interested in Genoa and the old firm teams as well.

I haven't managed a big club since around FM14 and I've got the urge to manage a giant for the new release.

I'll probably go for the EPL and I think Man United will probably be the team I start with as they are the biggest mess right now considering their size however AC Milan is also tempting.

I think I'll wait until there's an English lower league editor file available. Then, I'll transplant my Thames Ironworks team, players and staff into whatever division I'm currently in in my FM20 save and carry on playing. I'm thoroughly enjoying my current save. 

Although I might have to get a mate to do the player's PA and hidden stats for me so it doesn't ruin the whole experience. 

7 hours ago, qwertygod said:

Perhaps even Queens Park in Scotland the recently turned professional side who were the oldest amateur club in the world.

I had a fun save with them in FM20, eventually building a three team rivalry with Celtic and Rangers. The only downside was how easy most of the matches were against the smaller teams.

If I even buy it, it's going to be a long Nottingham Forest save for me to bring them back to the highest league. But in FM20 I'm on my 32nd season with Everton and I'm not ready to give that one up just yet.

I think I’m gunna have a little play around with a Belgian side in the BETA as one of my pals is always managing in there and I never have but my first serious save will be a 30 year challenge with Avellino in Serie C in Italy.

I’ve got ideas to do a South American journeyman for 50 years or quit after winning Copa Libertadores. 

After those two it will depend on what custom databases get created. Either a retro one for a wee bash or it will be an extreme lower league one anywhere outside the big 5 leagues of Europe.

9 hours ago, LandonDonovan10 said:

some asian saves. i love asian leagues more then premier league lol 

I tend to always have a save with Melbourne Victory at some point and compete in the Asian Champions League, do you have a favourite Asian team to manage?

As for my first save, it will be my favourite team: Burnley.

2 saat önce, Mikey1505 said:

I tend to always have a save with Melbourne Victory at some point and compete in the Asian Champions League, do you have a favourite Asian team to manage?

As for my first save, it will be my favourite team: Burnley.

Al-Duhail & WSW & Adelaide United & Guangzhou Evergrande & Busan i-Park. Plus Auckland City from New Zealand in Oceania

Peterborough United.

They have a young squad of really good players plus money in the bank from selling Ivan Toney to Brentford for £6.5m plus £3.5m in add-ons which will reach £10m in total.

**Ages of players of when the start date for season in FM... not real life ages.**

GK - Pym (24)
DEF - Thompson (29)
DEF - Beevers (30)
DEF - Kent (24)
RM - Ward (26)
CM - Taylor (22)
CM - Brown (24)
LM - Butler (25)
AM - Szmodics (24)
ST - Clarke-Harris (26)
ST - Dembele (23)

-------------------------------

GK - Gyollai (23)
DEF - Mason (23)
DEF - Edwards (17)
DEF - Blake-Tracy (24)
RM - Kanu (20)
CM - Reed (23)
CM - Hamilton (21)
LM - Burrows (18)
AM - Broom (23)
ST - Eisa (26)
ST - Jones (17)

--------------------------------

AM - Clarke (17)
DEF - Copping (19)
DEF - Mensah (17)
AM - Tasdemir (20)

The four strikers Peterborough have in Clarke-Harris, Dembele, Eisa, Jones should score goals for fun at League 1 level.

Be interesting to see how Ronnie Edwards turns out. 17 year old centre back brought from Barnet in the summer.  The Peterborough chairman / El Presidente is calling him  'Franz Beckenbauer'. 

With the club building a new stadium by January 2023,  this should be an exciting save. They have based the new stadium on the Groupama Arena in Budapest, the home of Ferencvárosi TC. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51562457

Edited by RKM

On 03/10/2020 at 12:24, DementedHammer said:

I think I'll wait until there's an English lower league editor file available. Then, I'll transplant my Thames Ironworks team, players and staff into whatever division I'm currently in in my FM20 save and carry on playing. I'm thoroughly enjoying my current save. 

Although I might have to get a mate to do the player's PA and hidden stats for me so it doesn't ruin the whole experience. 

I've never thought of trying that before, editing in as best can current save squad to next version. Be interesting to see how it works out. Good shout. :thup:

As a brazilian, I'm almost sure I'll give a go to Cruzeiro this year. One of the biggest clubs in the country (four league trophies, six cups and two continental wins), relegated to the Second Division for the first time, completely broke in financial terms (almost £137M in debts), starting with -6 points due to an unpaid transfer and currently in the relegation zone to the Third Division IRL, surely it will be a great challenge.

They have some Serie A level players, though. Most of them are aging, but at least you can use them for something (selling or trying to get back to Serie A quickly).

Definitely Man Utd to start with, as I didn't eventually get a long term save going with them on FM20.

Then possibly a team with good young players like Lyon, Benfica, Ajax etc.

If I ever choose an Italian side it will be Bologna so I can manage Aaron Hickey there :)

Edited by Gee_Simpson

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

If I ever choose an Italian side it will be Bologna so I can manage Aaron Hickey there :)

From an FM viewpoint I'm gutted he went as he's been my first signing past 2 year  :(. I can still poach Cochrane and Anthony MacDonald though :brock:

Heading back to India, had an absolute blast with managing a team there in FM19 and after a brief spell in Singapore in FM20 an opportunity came up to take over my old FM19 club who had just been promoted, couldn't say no!

Around 2045 and we've been runners up in the Asian Champions League 4 times, always getting beat by a South Korean / Chinese team in the final, hoping I can win the Asian Champions League before seeing India qualify for the World Cup before FM21 comes out

1 hour ago, markyosullivan said:

Heading back to India, had an absolute blast with managing a team there in FM19 and after a brief spell in Singapore in FM20 an opportunity came up to take over my old FM19 club who had just been promoted, couldn't say no!

Around 2045 and we've been runners up in the Asian Champions League 4 times, always getting beat by a South Korean / Chinese team in the final, hoping I can win the Asian Champions League before seeing India qualify for the World Cup before FM21 comes out

What's the level of players like over there compared to say the English league? Asia is a continent I've never ventured into before.

54 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

What's the level of players like over there compared to say the English league? Asia is a continent I've never ventured into before.

India have arguably the worst players in the game. The whole challenge of a save there is you're essentially starting with one of the worst leagues possible (if not worst) and so as you build up your team and your league improves in reputation, you'll gradually see better and better players come through the youth academy.

The sell on percentage clause is key, put them on the sales of your top foreign players when the bigger Asian Champions League teams come sniffing around them and hope they get a big move to finance facility improvements for your club.

If I buy it, I always have my first and longest save with the team of my heart, FC Porto. But I'll try other teams as well, Wolves is on my mind for having a "portuguese armada" in the always fascinating Premier League so that will be one to try for sure. 

13 hours ago, metallimuse said:

From an FM viewpoint I'm gutted he went as he's been my first signing past 2 year  :(. I can still poach Cochrane and Anthony MacDonald though :brock:

Erm unfortunately we have somewhat bizarrely sold McDonald to Spanish club Cordoba CF :rolleyes:

Depending on new re the fixing of the MLS from SI, I will be excited to play as any MLS club. Especially when Uncle Sam releases his update. Fingers crossed SI fix the constant MLS issue of AI squad registration.

Newport County. Plenty of Swans DNA in the side now, capable of playing good football. Just a shame their 15 year old starlet is too young to be in the game.

Be a shame to kick Michael Flynn out of the manager's chair but he should be highly rated enough to find another job.

Honestly, I have no idea. How do you top a save where you turned the Andorran league into one of the best in Europe?

Maybe I'll wait for the leagues megapack and only then think of something. Or try to manage a team from where my ancestors come from (Pontevedra and Messina), but only one team is playable from the start without mods.

Edited by llDracoll

I haven't managed in Scotland for several years despite nearly always having Scotland loaded.  I've always fancied having a go with St Johnstone (no idea why, I've  never been to Perth, never seen them play, etc) so maybe this time...

19 hours ago, ThunderCelt said:

I haven't managed in Scotland for several years despite nearly always having Scotland loaded.  I've always fancied having a go with St Johnstone (no idea why, I've  never been to Perth, never seen them play, etc) so maybe this time...

Zander Clark and Jason Kerr have been solid players for the past few FM's, a good base to your side straight off the bat :brock:

Valencia, with signings forbidden for the first period. If SI actually reflects how financially ****ed we are (almost 600 millions in debt), instead of setting the same debt value as the last 5 years and the new stadium on the go (which is not happening in real life) it's going to be an actual and fun challenge.

Edited by Rascanuvols

I'm currently doing my final FM20 save as Chesterfield which is very fun so far, so my first FM21 save will be back in Germany like I did last year with 1860 Munchen.

I will likely pick Kaiserslautern and try to take them to the top (luckily they didn't manage promotion last year and are still in Liga 3), unless there is a smaller team that takes my fancy.

Queens Park in the Scottish league 2 - I lived extremely close to their home ground (Hampden) for nearly 30 years, and have followed them more closely in recent years as I started losing interest in the Sottish Premier League. I have always wanted to take them to European Glory. However, as someone mentioned above I think, they are the oldest club in Scotland, and have been hard locked into amateur status until recently. This meant that you could get to league 1 or even the championship, but then would start to lose players to contracts from other clubs. Therefore anything past that was extremely difficult. But this year, this is the year! I am aiming for this to be my main long term save - cant wait :)

It's either going to be sorting out the mess that is Man Utd (although the game always seems bias towards the bigger teams) or managing Altrincham again especially as they are back in the National league, I've got my most satisfying saves starting LLM in the last couple of years.

On 09/10/2020 at 23:15, Bayern Bru said:

Queens Park in the Scottish league 2 - I lived extremely close to their home ground (Hampden) for nearly 30 years, and have followed them more closely in recent years as I started losing interest in the Sottish Premier League. I have always wanted to take them to European Glory. However, as someone mentioned above I think, they are the oldest club in Scotland, and have been hard locked into amateur status until recently. This meant that you could get to league 1 or even the championship, but then would start to lose players to contracts from other clubs. Therefore anything past that was extremely difficult. But this year, this is the year! I am aiming for this to be my main long term save - cant wait :)

Oww this is an idea.

I was planning on doing Peterhead for my Scottish save this year as I'm a big fan of the Open Goal podcast so thought I'd take on Si Ferry's team but...this is giving me cause to rethink.

On 10/10/2020 at 22:09, Woolly said:

It's either going to be sorting out the mess that is Man Utd (although the game always seems bias towards the bigger teams) or managing Altrincham again especially as they are back in the National league, I've got my most satisfying saves starting LLM in the last couple of years.

yep same here- always enjoy the clear out job but going to disable first transfer window for a change I think.