20.4.4. Why oh why oh why am I getting crash dumps with EVERY Hotfix?

I already know the drill: Complete uninstall/reinstall of FM 20.

I use Revo Uninstaller to remove all files.  

Again, can someone explain why this is happening and am I the only one that is having the issue?

FM 2020 v20.4.4.1442341 (2020.09.25 12.29.09).dmp DxDiag.txt

Edited by Heywood JaBlowme

This is an isolated issue with my new laptop, which is what I mainly use to play FM. 

I have a 3 year old desktop that I have not played or even loaded Steam in long time before today. After updating Steam & FM on the desktop, the game kept hanging at the loading screen, but NO crash dump. Maybe it was hanging because I haven't used Steam or played FM on that PC in a long time, I'm not sure. I uninstalled/reinstalled FM20 on my desktop and it runs fine now with everything updated. 

I am running Win 10 Pro on my laptop & Win 10 Home on my desktop. All drivers are updated on both rigs. 

Would make sense if you've created a thread here in the past to bump that one, that way we can see all the information you've provided previously.

What folder location is your sports interactive folder located on your system? The one that contains the 'games' folder?

Also are you trying to run any custom graphics/skins/editor files or any other add-ons? 

@Neil Brock No custom skins for me. Games folder for both systems is in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020

FM 20 is loading fine on both PCs now but I do NOT use the remove program tool from Windows to uninstall it. The last time I did that and reinstalled FM, I was still getting crash dumps. I use Revo Uninstaller to remove all the registry entries and then I delete the SI folder in Documents before doing a complete reinstall. 

Glad to hear it's working fine now - can I ask if you did anything else specific to get it working so I can take note of it? Or was it simply using Revo Uninstaller?

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

Glad to hear it's working fine now - can I ask if you did anything else specific to get it working so I can take note of it? Or was it simply using Revo Uninstaller?

The only other thing is I also remove & reinstall Steam using Revo. Perhaps it's overkill, but FM is the only program I have running on Steam so it's not that big of a deal. Deleting the cache & preferences folder didn't work for me in the past so this is my preferred method now to get FM running now. 

Thanks.