Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Bad strategy. Make your own mind up. In fact, here's a challenge. Play the demo and stay away from here for a couple of weeks. Log back on and post your thoughts on the game before you've seen anyone elses. 

Agreed. Which is exactly why I'm mostly on discord and sometimes Tactics and Career updates on here. I avoid other parts of the forum actively. I found some things that annoy me but are manageable but nowhere near what some people are reporting. And this is the first year in 7-8 years I've done this. Average hrs from FM15-19? 250hrs played. FM20? 1100 and counting. Not just cos of covid, I could've played Warzone, but because I am genuinely enjoying the game and trying out different countries, challenges, saves, tactics.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/10/2020 at 11:31, Scotty Walds said:

Depends where you live, and what site in question you're ordering from...

I'm in GB and was looking at CDKeys.com and ShopTo.net. Obviously I don't want to buy anything different, just one that works for me ( in Wales )

2 minutes ago, hendredenny said:

I'm in GB and was looking at CDKeys.com and ShopTo.net. Obviously I don't want to buy anything different, just one that works for me ( in Wales )

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld58827-football-manager-2021-p510778/

Better off buying from ShopTo as you'll get the early access beta.

On 29/09/2020 at 01:11, He can't believe he's missed it said:

I really do hope the VAR system changes, it does my head in where the implementation in the game is set up like it's there for a ref to simply stop a game and go and watch things to make up their mind about a decision that's tight, literally not how it works at all

yep.the only time a VAR decision is overturned is if there is a foul on the edge of the box that is 50/50. everything else is a penalty. rather not have it at all if this is the way they are going to go on with it.

1 hour ago, ChelseaFan said:

Release features, I beg.

Reckon we’re still a couple of weeks out myself. Still here everyday just in case

8 hours ago, ChelseaFan said:

Release features, I beg.

Dont want features i would rather refinement and fix all the bugs that we post about . Pretty much over the old Features Release , Game Release , Bugs Bugs Bugs , Patches , Patches , Patches , Game unplayable until March , Sorry no more updates so deal with it scenario.

I don't want more features when its important to have improved ME and bug fixes which makes Match day fun.

I hope we should be allowed to have our choosen versions like Beta , V1.0 etc. With notice of older versions won't be allowed to have bug reports etc. 

13 hours ago, mozza79 said:

yep.the only time a VAR decision is overturned is if there is a foul on the edge of the box that is 50/50. everything else is a penalty. rather not have it at all if this is the way they are going to go on with it.

Even then no suspense, as there are two giveaways, firstly the shrill of the whistle and where the players run to, either ouside of box or the defensive sets up wall before decision given.

3 hours ago, toffee71 said:

Even then no suspense, as there are two giveaways, firstly the shrill of the whistle and where the players run to, either ouside of box or the defensive sets up wall before decision given.

Same for the offside goal. 

Never had a goal disallowed for offside that the VAR then overruled has good. 

On 30/09/2020 at 23:23, MrPompey said:

MS are likely one of the best funded companies. 

Funny that you should mention them - I spent 4 hours yesterday at work writing code to work around infuriating bugs in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat. 

Edited by DementedHammer
On 03/10/2020 at 00:31, ChelseaFan said:

Release features, I beg.

Yes, can't wait to see miles hyping some of these cool FM21 features soon :p
- More purple color UI.
- More dialog options in press conference.
- More dialog options in player private chat.
- More social media interactions.
- More VAR disruption.
- New handball rule.

I don't know about you all, but I'm starting to worry about new features in 2021. It's what, 3 weeks to release, one to (potentially) beta and all we know about the new game is that it's gonna be purple. God I hope I'm wrong but it feels like slightly rearranged UI and updated squads. Which would be totally fine given the circumstances but since the game is full price... Yikes. Hope I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, Enigma500 said:

Apologies if touched on previously, but does anybody know if the pc (eu) version of the game will be fine to work in the UK, with us leaving the EU and all that?

I believe EU in this case means Europe, not European union. Either way, it's not region-locked in uk as far as I know.

hopes for fm21

• copa del rey final from last season still available to play like in real life
  • lack of crowds and other financial aspects relevant from covid-19
  • international management sorted. 
  • return of scout knowledge based on roles and not where theyve worked (was in fm19)
  • set piece coaching
On 03/10/2020 at 21:12, Iwabik said:

I don't know about you all, but I'm starting to worry about new features in 2021. It's what, 3 weeks to release, one to (potentially) beta and all we know about the new game is that it's gonna be purple. God I hope I'm wrong but it feels like slightly rearranged UI and updated squads. Which would be totally fine given the circumstances but since the game is full price... Yikes. Hope I'm wrong.

Full price still being less than £40 in most places. For the amount of hours gametime it gives you is still outstanding value for money even if it was nothing other than a lick of paint and a database update. But of course, it won't be that, there will be a number of new features in the game, although I can't imagine there will be anything revolutionary in there, given the circumstances. I reckon (much like PES* this year) that FM21 will be appealing most to those who didn't get FM20. But that's all just conjecture. 

*Yes, I realise PES isn't full price this year, but then that normally retails around the 60 bucks mark on release. 

On 03/10/2020 at 12:36, DementedHammer said:

Funny that you should mention them - I spent 4 hours yesterday at work writing code to work around infuriating bugs in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat. 

How annoying. Try embedding documents when using O365 and roaming profiles, that's doing my melon today.

Yes, that's my point, there is no such things as defect free software :)

On 04/10/2020 at 23:04, basqueliverpool said:

hopes for fm21

• copa del rey final from last season still available to play like in real life
  • lack of crowds and other financial aspects relevant from covid-19
  • international management sorted. 
  • return of scout knowledge based on roles and not where theyve worked (was in fm19)
  • set piece coaching

Personally I hope they leave all the covid stuff out of the game, I don't need reminded about it in a virtual world :mad:

23 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Personally I hope they leave all the covid stuff out of the game, I don't need reminded about it in a virtual world :mad:

Yeah, putting empty stadiums in as a mod could be fun, but seeing it in the retail release is the equivalent of being able to decide what the hot dog vendors at your ground charge and what colour seats you have, just a bit too much. :)

9 hours ago, MorrisseyMuse said:

Yeah, putting empty stadiums in as a mod could be fun, but seeing it in the retail release is the equivalent of being able to decide what the hot dog vendors at your ground charge and what colour seats you have, just a bit too much. :)

If they wanted to go "realistic" without affecting things too much, I could see them going empty stadiums in the first season, and everything that goes along with it, with the new schedules etc, then fans return triumphantly in some random date in March, and the game goes on from there, going back to the "normal" schedules the next season.  

I just can't see them not doing at least the scheduling part.  They trumpet the game for its realism, but putting out a game with the usual schedule would just seem...wrong.  I'm not suggesting they put Covid in as an injury and have outbreaks (although personally it'd be an interesting challenge, and I'm sure we'll see mods) but they can't just ignore the whole thing.

I have said before I think it is budgets where I would expect to see the biggest impacts. For me where they could introduce realism without going too far down the Covid route is with starting budgets. I am working on the basis that most teams will have very reduced transfer and wages budgets at least for the first 12 months. It wouldn’t feel right to have say a £50m budget from the off given most teams spent what they had in the last few days of the transfer window so it would be more real to work with the squad you have and maybe have a few youngsters on the bench in season 1. Will make it more of a challenge also in the first year!

hace 4 horas, KiLLu12258 dijo:

where are the infos?

its about time :D

Yeah, according to their usual behaviour last years , Beta should been released in about a month. And, to this day, we know barely nothing about the game.

35 minutes ago, Chilled111 said:

I have said before I think it is budgets where I would expect to see the biggest impacts. For me where they could introduce realism without going too far down the Covid route is with starting budgets. I am working on the basis that most teams will have very reduced transfer and wages budgets at least for the first 12 months. It wouldn’t feel right to have say a £50m budget from the off given most teams spent what they had in the last few days of the transfer window so it would be more real to work with the squad you have and maybe have a few youngsters on the bench in season 1. Will make it more of a challenge also in the first year!

But even then, that seems a bit half-arsed.  You can start teams off with lower budgets, but without any of the other stuff around it, why are there low budgets?  Are we just saying that the Covid stuff up to the point FM21 kicks off existed, but on that day everyone forgot about it apart from the financial implications?

It's definitely a difficult decision.  I'm surprised at so many people being so against it being in the game in some form, but I expect SI will have their own opinions (just like the Brexit function) and go with that.

6 hours ago, forameuss said:

I'm not suggesting they put Covid in as an injury and have outbreaks (although personally it'd be an interesting challenge, and I'm sure we'll see mods) but they can't just ignore the whole thing.

There's mods already on Steam Workshop.

XmrzJhq.png

I don't necessarily want it added as an injury, but I'd be surprised if they completely ignored the whole thing. After all, they added a number of imaginary Brexit scenarios which have absolutely nothing to do with reality. For a game that prides itself as the most realistic football simulation on the market, I'd expect it to replicate current football conditions accurately. Perhaps add it as an option at the start of the save, should people be too sensitive about a few months of empty stadiums and lower revenues.

Wouldnt be happy if I lost a player for 4 months though due to Covid! Even Boris and Trump were better in a few weeks!!! Will be interesting to see how SI approach as we all have different and interesting views on the subject!! Still cant wait for the Beta and the game itself!!!

All I want to see is FM20 in Brazil. Don't care if we have Covid named regens 17 years in-game or not, but that's my aim.

There is a whole market of buying the game indirectly, but I'll not go into details. Why? because some of them are illegal or charge you a price in dollars. The game would cost in Brazil R$400-500, since the dollar is only going up here. Delete the Brazilian leagues or do sth about it, but make the game available. We have Zebre and MUm but I don't see Italians or British people complaining they have to use alternative methods. 

5 hours ago, Zemahh said:

There's mods already on Steam Workshop.

XmrzJhq.png

I don't necessarily want it added as an injury, but I'd be surprised if they completely ignored the whole thing. After all, they added a number of imaginary Brexit scenarios which have absolutely nothing to do with reality. For a game that prides itself as the most realistic football simulation on the market, I'd expect it to replicate current football conditions accurately. Perhaps add it as an option at the start of the save, should people be too sensitive about a few months of empty stadiums and lower revenues.

I used to actually handle COVID samples in a previous lab job and it being refered to as 'corona virus' instead of 'a corona virus' always makes me cringe to read..lol

Yeah, it would be interesting to explore this as an 'injury' in game, but I feel certainly for the foreseeable future at least, that it would be bad taste towards the 42,000+ people in this country alone who have now died from COVID and towards their families, if the virus was included in any kind of official capacity.

Edited by MorrisseyMuse

Whats going on? The full beta should be out in 4-5 weeks and we know absolutely nothing about features or anything?

To be honest i dont see covid beeing a reason for not releasing these informations because SI obviously knows what the new features are at this point.

Edited by Defensive
53 minutes ago, Defensive said:

Whats going on? The full beta should be out in 4-5 weeks and we know absolutely nothing about features or anything?

To be honest i dont see covid beeing a reason for not releasing these informations because SI obviously knows what the new features are at this point.

6 weeks give or take a couple days till release date - if I remember rightly features last year were beginning to be revealed about 3ish weeks prior to release, I'd say things are chugging along as expected. Patience... we've waited this long :thup:

I'm not too worried about features. I'd gladly pay for a polished version of FM20, with an improved match engine and an updated database.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Daz2205:

6 weeks give or take a couple days till release date - if I remember rightly features last year were beginning to be revealed about 3ish weeks prior to release, I'd say things are chugging along as expected. Patience... we've waited this long :thup:

FM20-Release: 19th November 2019

Feature Announcement: 19th September 2019.

On 04/10/2020 at 12:01, Enigma500 said:

Apologies if touched on previously, but does anybody know if the pc (eu) version of the game will be fine to work in the UK, with us leaving the EU and all that?

it'll work fine but I think the other way round makes more sense, as if you buy from steam this year like the last ohh..5 years at least, the uk version will be about £35 and the EU price id €50. 

if you are seeing it on a greyer site then yes it will work fine, and thats where most of us paying in euros will be looking. 

6 ore fa, GOODNAME ha scritto:

Why we have to wait so much time for the new features of the game?

Only 1 month left for the beta.

It's called "hype" in the marketing strategy textbook.

3 hours ago, Federico said:

It's called "hype" in the marketing strategy textbook.

I don't think new features showcase has ever been this late?

might be the first FM on steam I won't pre-purchase after the disappointment called FM20 match engine.

The arguments of some people regarding COVId beeing realistic and they want it in the game(??!!). Cool, then it would be nice to have an option of you as the manager getting COVID from one of your players and have to leave your assistant to manage for about 3 weeks. Why not, it's realistic!

1 hour ago, luka_zg said:

The arguments of some people regarding COVId beeing realistic and they want it in the game(??!!). Cool, then it would be nice to have an option of you as the manager getting COVID from one of your players and have to leave your assistant to manage for about 3 weeks. Why not, it's realistic!

Sounds interesting, count me in.

That's if we weren't just being pointlessly hyperbolic.

Edited by forameuss

Never pre-ordered the game before, just wanted to clarify, does beta version only allow us to load certain amount of leagues or can we play with full database?