Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

Doubt it, it usally takes months to get on there.

I'd assume that if the rumours are true and Microsoft end up buying SEGA, then this will become a Microsoft exclusive and the release dates between XBox and PC won't be too big.

However, considering Microsoft just spend 7.5 billion dollars on buying Bethesda not sure how soon this purchase of SEGA will happen.

One other thought. If Microsoft does buy SEGA, will users of Mac still be able to play FM?

No way I'll pre-order after last year disaster with DXGI crashes. FM20 was unplayable for me from beta to 20.4 (I have reported since early days), and judging from bugs forum lots of other users had similar issues (they still do as of september 2020). Will check the demo at some point and see if they've fixed those issues with Nvidia cards, otherwise it's an automatic pass for me.

56 minutes ago, Dutch Master Bergkamp said:

I'd assume that if the rumours are true and Microsoft end up buying SEGA, then this will become a Microsoft exclusive and the release dates between XBox and PC won't be too big.

However, considering Microsoft just spend 7.5 billion dollars on buying Bethesda not sure how soon this purchase of SEGA will happen.

One other thought. If Microsoft does buy SEGA, will users of Mac still be able to play FM?

It depends if Microsoft is willingly sharing FM to Mac universe or not. They are technically rivals, but Microsoft also isn't a rival, since they have Office for Mac being release and they probably the first to adapt their programs to the Mac in house chips.

30 minutes ago, grade said:

It depends if Microsoft is willingly sharing FM to Mac universe or not. They are technically rivals, but Microsoft also isn't a rival, since they have Office for Mac being release and they probably the first to adapt their programs to the Mac in house chips.

Yes, they even demonstrated how the Office works on an Apple Silicon Mac during the WWDC 2020: 

Hi guys, i saw yesterday some info about FM21 and I just got one question of the thing marked:

The issue of game engine graphics has long been a focus of Sports Interactive and, while strides have indeed been made to make the visual experience better, there is still a way to go.

Is there any change at all in the engine cause previous editions it was also this vague explanation with at the end hardly no changes. It gives me trust that it is becoming a head point (i hope)

Also wonder if it's possible to start in a U19 or U21 (what like +75% of all managers start with in real life) 

its the football manager groundhog year.

see announcement of preorder. get excited, forgetting last year. go to order it. see the Euro price is 29% higher than the uk price. be annoyed and refuse to be ripped off. wait till its on sale or buy a boxed edition.

at least this year I thought with it being on Epic there were two chances of being charged a fair price, but I guess Sega set the price.... £35 on uk epic, €50 on European.

5 часов назад, Dutch Master Bergkamp сказал:

Take into account almost unlimited re$ources of Microsoft it could happen in any moment. They are really want to payback in console rival

33 minutes ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

Hi guys, i saw yesterday some info about FM21 and I just got one question of the thing marked:

The issue of game engine graphics has long been a focus of Sports Interactive and, while strides have indeed been made to make the visual experience better, there is still a way to go.

Is there any change at all in the engine cause previous editions it was also this vague explanation with at the end hardly no changes. It gives me trust that it is becoming a head point (i hope)

Also wonder if it's possible to start in a U19 or U21 (what like +75% of all managers start with in real life)

I'd rather see improvements in the AI of the match engine rather than it's graphics. For me the current graphics are just fine and improving them to FIFA-levels of photorealism would be pointless if the match engine continues to have the players making stupid mistakes.

Saying that about graphics though, the game does 100% need better regen faces

44 minutes ago, Alannnnn said:

Hang on a diddly second. This was a thing way back in 2001 when you could choose where players stand "with ball" and "without ball". Then you removed it for some reason.

There weren't any graphics then, or any proper analysis. Let's be honest, you've no idea if any of that actually made a difference. 

Will reserve judgement until the game is released and will try any free demo that is made available before considering a purchase of the full version.

Previously been too disappointed with limited tactical options defensively, and a poor match engine generally, to put my faith in the new game from the start, without any major new tactical features to rectify these problems I’ve had with the game not matching my expectations in the past.

So will take a “wait and see” approach this time. Hoping for the best but prepared for disappointment.

Em 24/09/2020 em 14:55, h3nrique_SEP disse:

i'm really interested to see this :eek:

Capturar.PNG

I remember that back in FM19 they actually left a clue about training and tactical changes in the pre announcement steam page, so maybe we finally will have the with and without the ball back?
Or it is just another way to say that you can change your tactics?
I am actually excited to see what SI is bringing in for the table now.

vor einer Stunde schrieb masno:

I remember that back in FM19 they actually left a clue about training and tactical changes in the pre announcement steam page, so maybe we finally will have the with and without the ball back?
Or it is just another way to say that you can change your tactics?
I am actually excited to see what SI is bringing in for the table now.

My understanding of the yellow part is more about a matchplan rework due to "for every occasion". We will see.

Watching with interest.

Not sure how the graphical presentation will come across on someone's 70 inch OLED.

Both the in match representation and the mountains of text outside of match days.

Great to see it on XBOX though, might get one now :thup:

vor 19 Stunden schrieb matt_forest:

I'd rather see improvements in the AI of the match engine rather than it's graphics. For me the current graphics are just fine and improving them to FIFA-levels of photorealism would be pointless if the match engine continues to have the players making stupid mistakes.

between fifa and fm graphics is a lot of space.

I dont think that people dream of fifa graphics in fm. But there is a lot to improve . FM still looks like a 15 years old game. graphics and animations are just poor and for me that kills a lot of immersion.

I mean at some point there should be a step forward. 

Edited by KiLLu12258

Happy to hear about this. Won't pre-order right now but since I don't play anything else, I will probably end up doing it... I just have a "bad" feeling regarding what might be really new or improved in-game. And I'm not saying this as criticism to SI, but to what happened this year, to every one of us. And since part of those consequences, not to all but to many of us, is also more scrutiny to where money will go, I have to say I will only buy it if there is really something new/improved to justify the investment. Tough times.

Edited by 99

6 horas atrás, leviathan1904 disse:

My understanding of the yellow part is more about a matchplan rework due to "for every occasion". We will see.

If you are correct, then probably this will be a big turnoff for me. I don't believe SI will keep changing something that maybe just 1% of the player base cares about, when there are so many areas of the game that need more love.

After having witnessed a disappointing ME and the reluctance of SI to go beyond their usual patch cycle to fix obvious bugs, I think I would rather wait and see instead of blindly pre-ordering.

I always pre-ordered but I guess I'll be keeping my money close at the moment.

28 minutes ago, Kingsley Dunbar said:

Hi,

I would like to buy Football Manager 2021 but want to make sure it will work on my laptop can someone tell me if it will work please and thanks.

sorry image is not great

IMG_20200926_141158.jpg

I think you can start the game, but the fluidity will not be excellent, your PC is not for gaming

Edited by destmez

4 hours ago, Kingsley Dunbar said:

thanks as long as it works i do not mind

There is no mention of a graphics card but I will assume that it will be onboard and so limited.  The processor is, I believe, below min spec for the game, so that machine will be borderline for running the game and certainly not capable of normal 3D gaming.  I would strongly suggest that you try the demo to see if that runs before purchasing the game

7 minutes ago, Alannnnn said:

2d come out in 2003, so not too far off and the game was still the same layout and had the with and without ball option. So, not really a miss.

You're dealing with someone who thinks getting a rise out of people makes up for a lack of personality, I wouldn't worry about it mate