Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, EdL said:

It will run via the emulation like pretty much all thirdparty software from the outside until people have time to convert to running under ARM

Awesome thanks! Will FM still be able to take advantage of using all 8 (or however many I splurge on) cores, etc?

6 hours ago, BMeak06 said:

Is there a way to change player wages from annually to weekly in the beta? I’m not seeing the option under preferences 

preferences, advanced - then "all" (screenshot below)
annoyingly, it's only something you'll need to change once

LVEBIWF.png

Is anyone able to answer the q of whether this is coming to Stadia? A bunch of news sites are reporting that it is, but today's press releass has no mention of it.

I get that the Stadia player base is low, but the platform is absolutely perfect for FM.

2 hours ago, One Track said:

Is anyone able to answer the q of whether this is coming to Stadia? A bunch of news sites are reporting that it is, but today's press releass has no mention of it.

I get that the Stadia player base is low, but the platform is absolutely perfect for FM.

It hasn't been confirmed whether or not it'll be on Stadia this year yet.

Sigh. You know what I've got FM 10, 12, 14, 17, 18, 20.

I thought I could skip this year. SI has made it near impossible with their brilliant changes. It's surprising how even in this year where we are in such a serious situation, they have realistically put out a decent and justifiable new version. I've gone from nah better wait till the .3 to pre-ordering.

Well done SI. This looks like it's a winner. More of this in the future please!

The best FM experience in years, really great job.

There's just one thing that's really annoying for me. Kit selection makes the games hard to watch a lot of the time. I suspect it has something to do with striped kits and the primary color they have.

Some examples:

Spoiler

Kel7SGU.png

This one is the worst, idk why did this combination even happen.

Dp5fSKf.jpg

Milan has white shorts and socks on default, idk why were Inter's changed to white instead of black.

QVV6dc0.png

This one isn't as bad because of white shorts, but Inter should just be in full white kits.

This mostly happens when both teams have striped or two-color kits, also happened last year.

Hello team,
I am planning to purchase FM 21 (as i am doing for the past 18 years 🙂) from an online retailer and have access to BETA version, but I would also love to have the DVD box for my collection.
However, I will still need to wait until Nov, 24th when the official release date is to get a PC DVD.

My question is whether and how I can to get / buy only the DVD box (i.e. without any key, DVD etc. inside) and buy the cd key separately online. If there is any "spare" DVD box or a warehouse you can direct me i'd appreciate.

Thank you,
Nikos

9 hours ago, Freakiie said:

So, halfway through my first season my Bayern board throws extra transfer budget at me, as expected considering my 355m balance.

Decided to add managers to check the other big names. Barcelona and Real Madrid made their entire balance available as transfer budgets (Astonishing 27 mil for Barcelona). They seem to have forgotten about Corona surprisingly fast, just allowing you to use their entire remaining balance.

Chelsea also has 83 mil available, somewhat astonishing considering their activity in the summer so far, but again basically their entire balance. Liverpool has nearly 100m, which considering the rather limited transfer budget they have in real life and already spending ~70m in the summer seems far more than Liverpool generally would be willing to spend, but at least it's not their entire balance. City? Yeah City is City, casual 100 million after already having a net spend of more than 100 million in the summer. Sheikh funding and FFP dodging gets you quite far!

United also has 100m budget, which considering they were in the market for Sancho the entire summer and having the third highest balance isn't really that surprising. For FM standards it's even somewhat on the low side. Finally? PSG! 366 mil balance beating everyone, 131m transfer budget, while in real life they're hesitating to spend at all due to FFP restrictions.

Oh and then Italy. Juventus is broke (6 mil balance), but still willing to offer you a measly 25m transfer budget. Inter, 52 mil budget, compared to 32 mil balance. Almost forgot about Italy, but yeah they're broke. And more than willing to... go more broke? That's a thing now.

Perhaps the finances could use a tad further toning down? Especially for clubs that halfway through the first season just decide to use up their balance? I can understand the richer clubs, in a FM environment where life is normal again will make some extra transfer budget available, but clubs just letting you use whatever little is left in their balance? Seems a bit overeager to me.

I'd broadly agree with this, and I'd suggest reporting it in case it shouldn't be happening: https://community.sigames.com/forum/809-all-other-gameplay/

9 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Do newgens look like humans? 

Yep, I think they look pretty good now.

Il 11/11/2020 in 16:56 , Barracuda7 ha scritto:
Hello team,
I am planning to purchase FM 21 (as i am doing for the past 18 years 🙂) from an online retailer and have access to BETA version, but I would also love to have the DVD box for my collection.
However, I will still need to wait until Nov, 24th when the official release date is to get a PC DVD.

My question is whether and how I can to get / buy only the DVD box (i.e. without any key, DVD etc. inside) and buy the cd key separately online. If there is any "spare" DVD box or a warehouse you can direct me i'd appreciate.

Thank you,
Nikos

I feel your pain as I'm a box collector like you since 2006 and honestly never heard about that... maybe you can ask to some retailer on ebay! But at this point instead of buying an empty box, wait 12 days more..