Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sgevolker said:

Are the new statistic features like expected goals also in FM Touch implemented? And the season overview, Player performance etc.? 

Interested to know the answer to this too. As someone who only plays on the iPad, it seems every year details for Touch seem sparse, almost like an afterthought.

As I posted in the beta speculation thread, not a good sign that the goalkeepers had amongst the lowest ratings despite both keeping clean sheets and hardly facing any shots on target. Watford's goalie had a 6.0 rating.

Granted that was only one match however.

EDIT: Second game had the Cardiff goalkeeper on a 6.9 despite conceding 1, so that's more promising!

Edited by tiotom92

2 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

Absolutely everything outside of match engine looks better. And more logical. Every change that i noticed so far makes more sense.

Which is rather concerning considering the biggest complaint about fm20 is the match engine.

Edited by Tiger666

No-one can really judge the match engine until they play it themselves, the quality of the stream is poor, they aren't putting any thought into tactics either. And it's still an early build. 

I was more concentrating on the game's new look and the many new QOL improvements, and on that basis, it looks great. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No-one can really judge the match engine until they play it themselves, the quality of the stream is poor, they aren't putting any thought into tactics either. And it's still an early build. 

I was more concentrating on the game's new look and the many new QOL improvements, and on that basis, it looks great. 

There are lots of clips that start with a throw in still. That’s quite obvious to see. 

I think AI teams have a 0 xG stats through three games...

Also worried to see that Troy Deeney as a TM on support didn't seem to get many touches or make much movement off the ball (e.g. come deep to get ball).

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I agree with you, its just that when i was watching these few games, i honestly didnt notice that much difference in players movement, passes. except for nice one on one goal. But yeah, outside of match engine, it looks so much better

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is there a cut off point where it doesn't become too many? I'm genuinely curious. I can't believe people notice irrelevant stuff like this. 

Ah ok keep your head in the sand then. 

4 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

I agree with you, its just that when i was watching these few games, i honestly didnt notice that much difference in players movement, passes. except for nice one on one goal. But yeah, outside of match engine, it looks so much better

I think you need to look at FM20 again. There is noticeably less "ice skating" in that demo than FM20, and the animations looks nicer and more realistic. Of course, the proof is only there when the beta is out and everyone can try it for themselves.

1 minute ago, Zemahh said:

It's not really irrelevant. People want highlights that show whether their tactic is working or not. I couldn't care less about set pieces myself, it's the first thing I disregard completely when it comes to analysis. Show me open play, show me fouls, show me action leading to set pieces, but don't start the highlights from them. That tells me absolutely nothing.

Choose more comprehensive highlights? 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

So you've no answer then. Why does this annoy you so much? I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely interested. Seems like a helluva pointless thing to get upset about. 

It doesn’t annoy me. I want the game to be the best it can - it’s not realistic the amount of highlights I’m seeing where it starts with a throw in. Now I know this is an early build but it’s been a valid criticism for a number of years now. It would be great if the highlighted began more often without seeing a throw first which seems a bit odd. 

I’ve absolutely no idea why you think I’m upset :lol:

1 minute ago, XaW said:

I think you need to look at FM20 again. There is noticeably less "ice skating" in that demo than FM20, and the animations looks nicer and more realistic. Of course, the proof is only there when the beta is out and everyone can try it for themselves.

It might be true, but when i say movement, wasnt thinking about animations.