Football Manager 2021 - Out November 24th

32 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Ouch! It's official? I hoped it will be full FM. Or even better in technical case because there are no limits in customers on low-perfomance laptops

Yes, it's official. You can find the information on this page:

https://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2021

Don't knock it till you try it! I imagine it would have been difficult to port the full game to Xbox given it really is designed to be played with a mouse and keyboard. FMT has a much sleeker interface that will work a lot better with a controller. It's largely similar to the full game anyway, will be interesting to see what additions there are to the console version.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 минут назад, rafaelbenitez сказал:

I imagine it would have been difficult to port the full game to Xbox given it really is designed to be played with a mouse and keyboard.

As I understood, Xbox Series X will be support keyboard and mouse :thup:

12 минут назад, rafaelbenitez сказал:

FMT has a much sleeker interface

for portable devices right? To use finger. But modern gamepads are comfortable even for full FM, developer just need a little update for 'sticking' by center of any menu

35 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

for portable devices right? To use finger. But modern gamepads are comfortable even for full FM, developer just need a little update for 'sticking' by center of any menu

Completely unrelated here, but how excited are you that your username might actually be the date the beta drops? 

51 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

I think the Xbox version is probably aimed at players who might be new to the series and looking for alternative football games on their consoles and are probably not going to go to the trouble of getting a keyboard and mouse specifically because they want to play FM.

Not just for touch screen purposes, they've tailored a version for the Switch too.

Edited by rafaelbenitez

4 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

I was horrified at first when I saw that image, but after considering it for a couple of days, I totally agree. In the real world its never that absolute. 

Ok but when a manager asks a physio for his opinion on a players fitness he is quite likely to reply that he is 95% fit or 85% or whatever

On 14/10/2020 at 11:44, gunner86 said:

I can’t remember why it was called but boy was there a lot of gifs

Here it is: 

I believe I may have been responsible for approximately 57% of the GIFs which did appear on that thread.  Much to the annoyance of one or two utter melts.

Honestly, I only care for the ME. New features at this point hold no meaning to me if the core of which the game operates isn't providing enjoyment.

No signs on what's going on with the ME, but will wait and see. History deems that the ME might be more or less the same. Funny enough, I thoroughly enjoyed the ME during the beta of FM20. It had flaws, but was the most attractive. Then full release came and I have been drastically disappointed since. 
Probably, a waiting game is best.

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Here it is: 

I believe I may have been responsible for approximately 57% of the GIFs which did appear on that thread.  Much to the annoyance of one or two utter melts.

Just read through the first few pages. We had some good times. 

5 часов назад, Dagenham_Dave сказал:

Completely unrelated here, but how excited are you that your username might actually be the date the beta drops? 

I know my responsibility to you and every citizen, rich or poor :D 

1 hour ago, MatthewS17 said:

Honestly, I only care for the ME. New features at this point hold no meaning to me if the core of which the game operates isn't providing enjoyment.

No signs on what's going on with the ME, but will wait and see. History deems that the ME might be more or less the same. Funny enough, I thoroughly enjoyed the ME during the beta of FM20. It had flaws, but was the most attractive. Then full release came and I have been drastically disappointed since. 
Probably, a waiting game is best.

Feel like it's needed an overhaul for a little while and agree with the new features, since they don't often feel like that. I said in a previous comment I don't have much hope for FM21 thanks to covid also making it harder to work on the game, but I am hopeful for FM22.
Issues in the ME persist almost every year, though as players we also tend to do our best to break them, take FM20:
Beta - Long Shots were OP
Live - Can win almost any game as an underdog utilising gegenpress (remember that youtube vid that went around with an average side in whacky formations winning thanks to the press?)
Over the top passes were OP
Crosses, then we had the penalty issues.
Finally corners, throwins and debatable freekicks.

Maybe pessimistic, but I guess it's what happens after years of FM churning out what appears to be the same ME. I would like to be proven wrong and if I am, I'll pick up FM21.

I was browsing the official Football Manager blog and read about the Microsoft's Play Anywhere, where you can continue a savegame on a PC that you started on Xbox.

Those this feature, will be compatible with edited files?

1 hour ago, grade said:

I was browsing the official Football Manager blog and read about the Microsoft's Play Anywhere, where you can continue a savegame on a PC that you started on Xbox.

Those this feature, will be compatible with edited files?

The Xbox version uses a version of Touch, so I'd imagine that the version on the Game Pass (that'll work with the Play Anywhere) would be the same modified Touch version, and so wouldn't have an editor.

13 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

The Xbox version uses a version of Touch, so I'd imagine that the version on the Game Pass (that'll work with the Play Anywhere) would be the same modified Touch version, and so wouldn't have an editor.

Since the Xbox now has a better CPU (after having developers complain about the previous generations having lesser than to their expectations) and how FM really tries it's best to run better on older PCs, I'm curious as to why they didn't choose to release the full fat version.

Is it probably the concern of whether the console can handle larger saves or maybe SI don't think consoles can match their standards?

5 minutes ago, saiyaman said:

Since the Xbox now has a better CPU (after having developers complain about the previous generations having lesser than to their expectations) and how FM really tries it's best to run better on older PCs, I'm curious as to why they didn't choose to release the full fat version.

Is it probably the concern of whether the console can handle larger saves or maybe SI don't think consoles can match their standards?

Or it's something else entirely?

We know nothing about the game yet on Xbox. It may be to do with the controls and the system around that. It might be that the streamlined version would suit a console audience more. There may be other reasons. It doesn't necessarily have to be specs related.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Or it's something else entirely?

We know nothing about the game yet on Xbox. It may be to do with the controls and the system around that. It might be that the streamlined version would suit a console audience more. There may be other reasons. It doesn't necessarily have to be specs related.

I think I agree with you on the streamlined version for consoles. Maybe they want to test the waters to see if people enjoy the experience or they have people hounding their offices to release the full fat version

When this system was first devised we included a number of gestures that (at the time) were completely normal, but now aren’t part of daily life – one perfect example being ‘shake hands’ as a greeting. In game, we have changed that one to ‘elbow bump’, which seems to be the most used tactic to avoid hand shaking at the moment. However, I’m aware that that goes against our ‘trying to be Covid free, whilst not completely ripping up the real football world’ policy.

So, we’re throwing this open to a vote. A simple two choice vote between ‘Normal gestures’ or ‘Covid safe gestures’ (so that no one can vote for Handy McHandshake). You can find the vote on my Twitter feed (@milessi) and it will be active for seven days, after which time that is the final decision made.

@Neil BrockI don't have Twitter, so I can't vote in your poll. But my preference would be neither:  I'd much prefer it to be generic, so you can imagine the correct greeting based on the culture that you're playing in: If you're managing in the UK, you can imagine a handshake. If you're managing in Thailand, you can imagine a wai, and so on. Otherwise, in my opinion, there's too many cultural variants that you have to take into account and plan for.

Edited by DementedHammer

The price for the hole game does not reflect these small improvements and new features which comes with the game year after year. 
Why do they even release a “new” game each year when the changes are so small?

Why won’t they just keep working on the same engine, improve it and then release bigger updates and patches for it? To me there haven’t been much improvement of the game these last 5-6 years. 

56 minutes ago, FreezingTable said:

The price for the hole game does not reflect these small improvements and new features which comes with the game year after year. 
Why do they even release a “new” game each year when the changes are so small?

Why won’t they just keep working on the same engine, improve it and then release bigger updates and patches for it? To me there haven’t been much improvement of the game these last 5-6 years. 

I've posted this before:

These features may not be revolutionary, but the AI and logic under the hood will have been improved as well.

So with the gestures and better/more interaction, it looks like it's going to be clearer to us what it is we're trying to say when we click on an option. The feedback and replies we get will be better/clearer. Not only that, but the logic underneath will have been worked on to have better/more realistic reactions to the talks. This is going to affect team talks, press conferences, one on one conversations etc. Fewer stupid reactions!

Transfer-wise, we can arrange loan deals before the windows open, which is a small but very welcome addition. We have a more realistic transfer market (something that gets worked on every year anyway) and the recruitment meetings look quite useful. Since the AI and logic for these meetings are there, they're surely going to be used by transfer managers in a way as well, so that should be better and more realistic than before. We can even approach agents before talking to the club. Also small, but welcome.

We should enjoy watching matches more too. Better lighting helps. The animation blending could be quite a good addition and should help players look and move more realistically. The blogs even mentioned that we shouldn't see sliding anymore because of the new blending system. We saw in the video that dinks are in now, so it looks like there's been a fair amount of work on the ME itself too. I'm itching to see more.

Apart from that, all the usual important modules will have received attention. Newgen creation being one that gets worked on every year. The ME and transfers, as I mentioned earlier, gets worked on every year.

Looking at the feedback for FM20, people loved it, though it was just the ME that divided opinions. Now we're getting a better version of that game we already love, with new and updated features. If the ME also delivers, it should be a cracking game.

18 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Looking at the feedback for FM20, people loved it, though it was just the ME that divided opinions. Now we're getting a better version of that game we already love, with new and updated features. If the ME also delivers, it should be a cracking game.

A line I can agree with. Outside of the ME I thought the game was great, but the matchday zapped the fun out of things and ultimately stopped me from playing at all. If that area of the game improves it will be the best FM ever I'm sure. Have high hopes for it - a lot of views on here on the ME and there are undoubtedly those who don't post on here who probably had similar frustrations with it - though you can't please everyone all the time, let's hope for a step up in this edition.

1 hour ago, thomas_e said:

A stupid question that has probably been answered already, but do you have to pre-order within a certain date to be able to play the Beta? Or can you purchase the game through steam and play the Beta version once its released?

Previously you've been able to buy it at any time before the full release date and get into the beta, if you purchase the game from an official source that provides beta access.

10 hours ago, thomas_e said:

A stupid question that has probably been answered already, but do you have to pre-order within a certain date to be able to play the Beta? Or can you purchase the game through steam and play the Beta version once its released?

You can buy when beta is released on steam to play.

Hi all,

I want to pre-order my game, however I have a question.

Can you guys tell me why ordering the game on stream is EUR50 and ordering it from for example CDKeys is EUR28?  

I have ordered other games from CDKeys and I can tell they are legit.

Anyone can help please?

1 hour ago, ElPibeDeOro said:

Hi all,

I want to pre-order my game, however I have a question.

Can you guys tell me why ordering the game on stream is EUR50 and ordering it from for example CDKeys is EUR28?  

I have ordered other games from CDKeys and I can tell they are legit.

Anyone can help please?

Usually because they purchase keys from countries where they're much cheaper, and then sell them in countries where they're more expensive for a reduced price. With FM, I'd advise against CDKeys, as they're not an approved partner of SEGA, and so although the site says that you'll get the beta early access if you buy from them, they aren't actually in any position to guarantee that (they've not been able to provide it in previous years).

The approved partners are the only ones that can guarantee early access for a pre-order: https://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list

31 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Usually because they purchase keys from countries where they're much cheaper, and then sell them in countries where they're more expensive for a reduced price. With FM, I'd advise against CDKeys, as they're not an approved partner of SEGA, and so although the site says that you'll get the beta early access if you buy from them, they aren't actually in any position to guarantee that (they've not been able to provide it in previous years).

The approved partners are the only ones that can guarantee early access for a pre-order: https://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list

So basically you are paying an extra EUR12-14 to play the beta right?

No, you're paying prices to companies that do not steal game codes from developers and/or credit card information from people with which the buy proper game codes that they buy at discounted prices and/or getting codes from poverty-ridden regions where prices are cheaper than what they sell at.

CDKeys and similar sites are grey market where similar situations have already happened and are happening consistently. 

Shopto has the game for 26 pounds. It's legit website. Use that.

11 minutes ago, rosque said:

No, you're paying prices to companies that do not steal game codes from developers and/or credit card information from people with which the buy proper game codes that they buy at discounted prices and/or getting codes from poverty-ridden regions where prices are cheaper than what they sell at.

CDKeys and similar sites are grey market where similar situations have already happened and are happening consistently. 

Shopto has the game for 26 pounds. It's legit website. Use that.

Oh thanks for the info rosque, tbh did not know about that.  Will get it from Shopto.

Shopto seem to want a lot of personal informaiton just to give them £26.

Are they legit; or is selling info. part of the reason the price is comparitively low.

New stuff? I'm not fussed, the day to day stuff in FM is handled fantastically & looks even better with the QOL stuff, there's not a lot else that can be added in that aspect

Price? FM is fantastic value for money. I've not been to the pub since March, if FM keeps me out of the pub one Saturday night, I'm quid's in  

Graphics? It's FM, I don't need AAA title graphics. The animation improvements have me interested, I feel quite a bit of the time what we see isn't actually what's happening in the "match" so improvements there are great. Anything to separate top-class players from the average pub team player is welcome 

Stadiums? I understand all of the licensing stuff with them & at the end of the day, they're just backgrounds but I feel they could be improved 

The match engine is where I'm interested, it's the meat & potatoes for me. FM20's ME is great, it does so many things so well but then I feel it's let down in other areas. Even reveals won't mean much because the ME we see previewed, then the one that's in the beta then the following versions will all be different 

I'm looking forward to it either way, keep the good stuff coming 

Besides the things that have been already revealed, one thing I am looking forward to being fixed is the secondary nationalities and foreigners matching modern day.

As an American, our top young players are all foreign born players who decided to declare to play for the US. With that said, I hope international management have some upgrades.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I just checked the release date for FM2021 and its November 10th and the Beta will be released 2 weeks before so am I right in thinking the Beta is out this Tuesday ?

No. Release day is November 24th, so you should expect the beta to come out around November 10th.