Problem with Signing Players

Hello,

So I'm managing in MLS (LAFC) and recently one of my DP (Designated Players, marquee signings aka Zlatan, Rooney etc) left to Everton. This opened up a DP spot (max of 3) as well as salary room. I used the GAM (General Allocated Money) from the Anselmo (my Brazilian striker who left to Everton) sale to buy down the wages of some players to free up a sizeable chunk of salary space (roughly $20k free). Here is when I run into problems that are gonna force me to end the save right then and there. I don't want to end it because I'm enjoying the challenge of MLS and am on my way to establishing ourselves as a dominant force in the league and the region as well (3 CCL titles!).

When I open up the contract discussions with the prospective DP, it won't let me offer a Designated Player contract. I do have 1 DP spot available, the Squad Registration menu confirms this. If I'm reading the Budget Info overlay in the contract negotiations menu, I definitely have more than enough salary space to make this signing possible. I even tried signing a different player and I run into the opposite problem! I can offer a Designated Player contract but it won't let me pay him DP wages! It says I can't sign because of board restrictions but I don't see anything in the Board, Finances, or Club menus that say I cannot sign young players. One of my actual philosophies is to sign young players! 

Can anyone help me please??

I can't see those screenshots you provided (opens me just blank imgur links), but by salary space you mean on league salary cap? Maybe you pushed your payroll budget to limits or even over it, so board imposed you salary restrictons? Try adjusting something from transfer budget into payroll? I played a lot at MLS (LA Galaxy), and only times I had restrictions on how much I can offer was when I made payroll havoc.

10 hours ago, Prokopije said:

I can't see those screenshots you provided (opens me just blank imgur links), but by salary space you mean on league salary cap? Maybe you pushed your payroll budget to limits or even over it, so board imposed you salary restrictons? Try adjusting something from transfer budget into payroll? I played a lot at MLS (LA Galaxy), and only times I had restrictions on how much I can offer was when I made payroll havoc.

So I did what you suggested and it worked! I still wasn't able to offer a DP contract, but I was able to offer my prospective DP a Senior contract with DP wages (10k) plus a big sign on bonus of $400k to seal the deal and got it over the line with GAM. I still have a DP spot available, but I got my striker so I'm happy. Probably should've went for my left footed Argentine but I'll settle with my Frenchman! Thanks man!