Hi Folks, 

Can you please put all questions or queries you have about FM Online in this thread and that will free up the main forum for Clan threads or game threads, 

Thanks

Here is a post by vara which I hope may help solve some of the problems people may be having when it comes to playing FM Online. Please give it a go. 

HOST
1. delete preferences and cache from C:\Users\*User*\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 - you will need to turn on hidden files to see this.
2. load the save, go into online preferences and set server visibilty to 'Anyone'
3. set a server name, but leave password blank.
4. save your game and quit FM.
5. verify integrity of FM in steam. right click > properties > local files > verify integrity
6. load FM and your save

the main factor that I believe fixed it was resaving with new version preferences. whereas the save prior was still linked to the old version. it seems to purely be a visibility thing for your save on the updated lobby.

the beta has not been activated in FM preferences via steam

Note: deleting the preferences/cache will reset FM back to default skin, settings, preferred views etc. 

good luck, hope this works for you too.

Andy H

Hi, me and my buddy are 8 seasons into this online save and we never had major issues, besides minor issues like not being able to join each other and so on there was never any problems with the speed of the game (save)!  But since a few days we experiencing major lags when opening player profiles it takes up to a 1 minute! When playing the match on the weekend one of us is done with the match and the other match is in the 20th minute! Please help me and my desperate friend since we are really hanging on this save... we even tried to make a new one but were unable to join each other, we did that to see if maybe we are to many years in and the game got slower?

But it just feels since the problems about joining the online save came out those majors lags keep appearing and making the game unplayable 

On 23/09/2020 at 19:56, giuseppepantaleo said:

Hi, me and my buddy are 8 seasons into this online save and we never had major issues, besides minor issues like not being able to join each other and so on there was never any problems with the speed of the game (save)!  But since a few days we experiencing major lags when opening player profiles it takes up to a 1 minute! When playing the match on the weekend one of us is done with the match and the other match is in the 20th minute! Please help me and my desperate friend since we are really hanging on this save... we even tried to make a new one but were unable to join each other, we did that to see if maybe we are to many years in and the game got slower?

But it just feels since the problems about joining the online save came out those majors lags keep appearing and making the game unplayable 

Lags? Maybe you have installed facepack and logos. Without facepack and logos the game is much faster. Facepak and logos is only for strong devices.

Why we are forced to play online with Epic Games account? If i buyed game from other platform than Epic Games is normal to don't work the online game cause Epic account don't work for all people. Look in don't remember where i buyed Football Manager 2020 and i sayd to Epic Games support that i don't remember and they sad they can't help me to fix the game. We should should recive support from Epic Games to all epic and nonepic users for problems like this cause they forced us to log in with Epic Games account for online game. Another important thing we can remember: when we buyed the game we haven't been forced to play online with epic games account. Please Sega, let me play online withoult Epic Games account. Please!

Edited by pancone

After some time (not determined), everyone is stuck on continue. There’s always one player that is unable to press continue or the game doesnt recognize he actually did click continue. The game freezes for everyone and we have to restart the whole game. Also, the online game after the crash can’t be restarted because it’s doesnt save. 

Please Sega, give me acces to online game without Epic Account! When i made Epic Account i forgot to accept EULA terms and conditions and my friend cannot see my server. Please remove that log in restrictions! I wanna play FM 20 online. I wanna play FM 20 online. Please, I wanna play FM 20 online. Can you help us?

7 hours ago, pancone said:

Please Sega, give me acces to online game without Epic Account! When i made Epic Account i forgot to accept EULA terms and conditions and my friend cannot see my server. Please remove that log in restrictions! I wanna play FM 20 online. I wanna play FM 20 online. Please, I wanna play FM 20 online. Can you help us?

i dont have an epic account and it has does not affect my online save at all.

what process are you doing when hosting? 

i would suggest you do the following:

-load your online game
-go to online preferences, set it to visible by anyone. then save your game with a new name.
-restart FM
-load your online game that you saved with the new file name.

this is the processed used to get it working prior to the latest hotfix. since hotfix no issues have been found at all, however i still did the above sequence as a precaution.

Me and my friend haven't been able to play fm for weeks now because he cant find my server. We've also tried EVERYTHING suggested. PLEASE fix.

Edited by Slatan

I know, i know, i know. My Epic Games account is faulty. When i created the Epic Games Account i copied a part from code and i recived error on my faulty account. The faulty account can be removed in 14 days. After 14 days i will create an healthy Epic Games account with the same e-mail address and log in. The big problem is that we need to reinstall Windows 10 cause we can't log out from old Epic Games account in preferences. This is it.

Edited by pancone

Hey Guys, new to the forum here.

I've been playing with some guys from work and there's one who's always the host, he always creates the leagues himself and the only time one of us created one, he refused to play.

Then I've noticed that he always gets the players he wants for lower fees, he's always signing the best wonderkids/regens, his team are always motivated, his regular players develop to be stars despite being regular when I scout them and is basically stomping everyone else.

I started noticing some of this stuff only when I purchased the editor for myself and attempted regular careers, and noticed the impact of knowing the hidden values and editing those.

So.. my question is: Can he utilize the Editor to do all this stuff on an Online Career? Can he bring anyone he wants just by selecting "move to my team" or see/edit the potential ability, etc?

Thanks!

Sounds like he’s playing with an edited database and changed things around to gain an advantage over everyone else. I could be wrong though. Then when you said when someone else creates a game he refuses to play just adds to my suspicion. 

hace 6 horas, Andy H dijo:

Sounds like he’s playing with an edited database and changed things around to gain an advantage over everyone else. I could be wrong though. Then when you said when someone else creates a game he refuses to play just adds to my suspicion. 

Thanks a lot! I'll try to see if I can discover what he's doing..

I think that he edited the amount of money he had available too. That's the main reason why I thought he was using the editors.

It's really stupid IMHO honestly, you're playing with friends, just enjoy playing, don't cheat!

• 2 weeks later...