Job offers

I'm 19 seasons in with Valencia. I have won everything multiple times. Why have I not had a single club approach me about taking over? The only offer I have had is from Spain. I think the game would be more fun if I received offers from other clubs, I think in real life Barcelona or Real Madrid would have moved heaven and earth to appoint me, as they have won very little since I started winning things.

I agree that it would be more interesting if more club would approach us, especially from various countries and not only from our own (while we're beginers), or small(er) clubs if we're free. But than again, we have option to apply for job anywhere so it is not that important.

I guess it depends on how "strong" your contract is. I noticed that less time I have more offers I got, especially if I'm under 6 months on my current contract. Than they're pouring like rain.

Now, what they could do, they could allow us to choose agent which, depends on his connections and reputation could do various things to help us. It's pain in the a*s to be "at the right place at the right time" to get a job in club we fancy. For example, If I want to manage Ross County, position is unavailable for years, than I accept offer from some other club and than puff, out of nowhere (not even considered as "favourite" for position) Ross County manager accepts job somewhere else and position is finaly free, but I'm unable to join cause "you just recently joined and it would look bad for all parties involved, etc..." Eew, position in unavailable for more years to come.

Now we could give our agent list of few clubs we want to get job "by any means" and he could pursue (again depend on his connections, etc) that job for us. For example, if  XY club mangers contract expires at the end of season, agent could offer us to that club, "listen folks, don't renew with your current manager I have better option for you"...Sometimes it could work, sometimes not. Depends on how they like his current manager or how much (if) we're "better" than him in terms of reputation and success, or combination of both or something third... Or he would conclude deals for us in advance for position where managers are retiring at the end of season. Or he could offer us for random jobs on his own and send us list of clubs which are interested to hire us for next season.

Or PA could do that.

Edited by Prokopije

56 minutes ago, Kingsim101 said:

I'm 19 seasons in with Valencia. I have won everything multiple times. Why have I not had a single club approach me about taking over? The only offer I have had is from Spain. I think the game would be more fun if I received offers from other clubs, I think in real life Barcelona or Real Madrid would have moved heaven and earth to appoint me, as they have won very little since I started winning things.

19 seasons...you must be bored by now! I'm playing FM19 but generally get loads of job offers, though I was surprised to not be interviewed for the vacant England manager's job in summer 2028 seeing as I'm the highest positioned English manager in all leagues who hasn't had it already...

Agree with the above though, time remaining on contract tends to affect the flow of job offers.

From what you are saying you are the top club in Spain, one of the top leagues, and have had multiple Champions League wins. Presumably you are on massive wages. Other clubs will assume that you are happy in your present circumstances and do not want to move, furthermore the potential compensation that another club would have to pay to prize you away from Valencia would be very large. If you run your contract down and then leave Valencia I would imagine that you will receive job offers.

It depends on the amount of leagues you have loaded. Since you have only mentioned Spain, I agree with all the above mentioned items as well. You might want to consider leaving Valencia and wait for something to come up. Note: it might be a good idea to have a seperate save for this in case nothing comes up and you want to continue with Valencia. 

I have 5 or 6 leagues loaded.

Yes, currently I am on a lot of money and the most successful manager etc. But 10 years ago or slightly longer ago when i first won the Champions League, why were I not receiving offers or enquiries then?

Yes after 19 years it does get a bit boring, but my squad of legends has got old and I need to try and replace the irreplaceable, so could be interesting again.