My database changes for a more enjoyable/more realistic game. What are yours?

With the new season upon us i have started editing to incorporate the new transfers, promotions relegations etc.

This year i have decided to tinker with the editor in order to create a more enjoyable and in some cases a more realistic game. So far i have:

- Increased all top managers intelligence (Judging ability & potential, buying players, tactics etc)

-Increased patience of all chairman and owners to try and give more time to new managers and old alike (seeing Klopp win ther league, then finish 4th the season after and get sacked has always irked me)

-increased all nations Youth Rating to enable a higher standard of youth player (Nations>Information>Youth Rating)

-Increasesd the PA of under 18's players who have risen in stock for the 2020/21 season

-Removed all injuries (They aren't up to date anyway and i thought a clean slate would be nice)

-Removed all sponsorship names of leagues and competitons i.e Serie A TIM is now Serie A and Carabao Cup is now League Cup etc (These generally change everynow and then anyway and i prefer the traditional names)

-Added 20 200 PA 14 year old Wonderkids around the world at small clubs to track their progress and enjoy seeing them make their mark on the game ( i know this won't be for everyone but i love it)

So, what are your thoughts? Do you change, add, remove anything for a better FM experience?

Edited by cooperidol

I am essentially rebuilding the world to my liking, or as other would say, to 1988 :D

A separate project while tests are running is to do something at the current world, while trying to eradicate money. It is a fun little thing to see how FM works with changing those things.

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I am essentially rebuilding the world to my liking, or as other would say, to 1988 :D

A separate project while tests are running is to do something at the current world, while trying to eradicate money. It is a fun little thing to see how FM works with changing those things.

Niiice! 1988.... the start of the greatest title race in English history! 

Gooner

2 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

Definitely transfer preferences, for long-term games it has such a big impact on what kinds of players the AI brings in.

Transfer preferences! Interesting.. what exactly do you do regarding this?

13 hours ago, cooperidol said:

Niiice! 1988.... the start of the greatest title race in English history! 

Gooner

Also the year where my family scored a quadruple winning the EC I, European Championship, Dutch Cup and Dutch Championship.

16 hours ago, cooperidol said:

Transfer preferences! Interesting.. what exactly do you do regarding this?

You can make it easier or harder to eg. recruit African players. Or maybe adjust a likelihood a team(by virtue of their nationality) will recruit from a specific country such as eg. Brazil. 

I also use it to prevent non-realistic transfers. It could be stopping North Koreans from leaving(by preventing other teams to buy) or stopping Arab teams from buying Israelis or what you want basically. 

Edited by Fredrik
23 hours ago, Fredrik said:

You can make it easier or harder to eg. recruit African players. Or maybe adjust a likelihood a team(by virtue of their nationality) will recruit from a specific country such as eg. Brazil. 

I also use it to prevent non-realistic transfers. It could be stopping North Koreans from leaving(by preventing other teams to buy) or stopping Arab teams from buying Israelis or what you want basically. 

Ok, i want to try and implement this in my game. But i'm concerned that i could ruin it.

Looking at the current nation transfer preferences i see that, for example

England only have Australia and Germany set in their prefernces and no continent settings.

Spain don't have Brazil, Argentina or South America in their preferences

These are a couple of examples but there are many that confuse me.

Do you have any knowledge on this?

If i wanted to make the game harder by increasing the buying power and scope of the big nation clubs how would i go about doing that?

If i was to set England, Germany, France, Spain & Italy to have continent preferences to europe and south america 20, plus in nation preferences create a list of 20 high profile footbal countires  set  to "most player"

would that increase the liklihood of teams in England Germany, France, Spain & Italy snappping up talent throughout the world?

• 1 month later...

Virtually all the African nations have all continents except Africa set to -1, (meaning no activity). That just isn't right to me?.

There are some weird ones in there otherwise too, (for example I think Slovenia has Sweden set as -1, and nothing else marked for Slovenia at all).

Australia doesnt have any preferences; you would think New Zealand would be marked in there.

Scotland doesn't have any set either. Is that really correct?

I don;t understand why England has Australia included, (within only two nations). Okay, not many players are bought by English clubs from German clubs, but I wouldn't think Austalian clubs is anything out of the ordinary....

I'd say a lot of the defaults are weird.  

I'm trying to set up my own database and have just decided to wipe out most of the preferences

1 hour ago, mattylamb said:

Virtually all the African nations have all continents except Africa set to -1, (meaning no activity). That just isn't right to me?.I'd say a lot of the defaults are weird.  

I'm trying to set up my own database and have just decided to wipe out most of the preferences

I believe you are missing two central things. 

1. African nations are set to -1 because "nobody" moves there. This is not about African players moving out which is set in the receiving countries' preferences. Transfer preferences are about transfer in, not out. 

2. Defaults are likely added due to previous complaints about unrealistic transfers. If you see an odd combo and wonder why it's there then you shouldn't think it's unnecessary just because. Some of the defaults shouldn't be removed no matter what but I think you realize that. Eg. Armenia/Azerbaijan or Israel/many Muslim nations etc. 

However, feel free to try and see what happens. I like that idea in a way because even though I just said the defaults are there for a reason many of them were added earlier and things may change. I do think you should check some of these removed defaults in-game to see nothing strange happens.