How Long Does the Impact of A Training Session Last?

Greetings,

How long does the impact of a training session last?  So, for example, if I do a shadow attacking training, should I do it once a week, twice a month, etc?  Would it be the same for general physical training?   Also are there cumulative effects for the training?  For example, do 2 of the exact same training during the week or in a 2 week span boost the effects?

Thanks.

I believe they are long-lasting - with the exception of a few specific sessions. The effects will buildup over time, so regular use of a certain type f schedule will improve your team but  I couldn't estimate how big an effect it wuld be, or how they would 'stack' if used more than once or twice a week.

A regular balanced schedule repeated each week would be the best approach unless you want to focus on specific areas.

The exceptions I mentioned are the set-piece sessions, which will give a boost for the next match and don't 'stack' .

At least, that is my understanding.

1 hour ago, Snorks said:

I believe they are long-lasting - with the exception of a few specific sessions. The effects will buildup over time, so regular use of a certain type f schedule will improve your team but  I couldn't estimate how big an effect it wuld be, or how they would 'stack' if used more than once or twice a week.

A regular balanced schedule repeated each week would be the best approach unless you want to focus on specific areas.

The exceptions I mentioned are the set-piece sessions, which will give a boost for the next match and don't 'stack' .

Pretty much spot on I think.

On 17/09/2020 at 05:30, Federico said:

This is something I'm asking since a couple of years, but I never had an exhaustive response (to be honest, I never had a response at all).

I appreciate @Snorks for have given some clarification though, even if I'd like something more detailed maybe from devs.

This really helps alot: 

Let me know what you think.

I have used it to organize my training schedule and it seems to make a lot of sense.

• 2 years later...
On 14/09/2020 at 00:10, Snorks said:

I think that the set-piece and match prep actually lasts for 7 days rather than just the next match.  My "evidence" is that in a 2 match week, with a single set piece session at the start, I'll get prompts from my assistant to "take advantage of extra set piece training" in both matches.

On 03/12/2022 at 15:21, AndyRokit said:

I think that the set-piece and match prep actually lasts for 7 days rather than just the next match.  My "evidence" is that in a 2 match week, with a single set piece session at the start, I'll get prompts from my assistant to "take advantage of extra set piece training" in both matches.

match prep effects last 14 days, at least it is displayed as and assistants give that hint. Confirmed that.

I don't think there are bonus effects for more sessions of the same kind. neither are there smaller returns if you put every day, every week same sessions.

So the system is additive, if you ask me.

On 03/12/2022 at 16:21, AndyRokit said:

I think that the set-piece and match prep actually lasts for 7 days rather than just the next match.

Match prep that states it's in effect for the upcoming match, only affects the upcoming match. There may be visual UI issues, but SI has confirmed this in the past.

I've read that players improve their stats from their individual training in the position they have been set to play.

How much does the group training with the Training schedule affect long-term player stat growth?