Starting a AZ Alkmaar Save - Any Good Dutch League players outside of the top 3 teams.

I am starting a new save with AZ and I am looking at only buying players from the Dutch leagues but no signings from Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord.

Does anyone know of any good players I could sign from the teams in the Dutch leagues?

AZ are a great team to manage. Even if you sign just Dutch players and build with youth, I reckon you'd still win the league soon enough, as Ajax will sell their best players (but also get awesome regens).

If I recall, signing domestic Dutch players can be difficult - their clubs want ridiculous prices.

Dirk Proper (NEC) would be available on a Bosman in most saves after the first season, but you'd have lots of competition.

Vitesse - Thomas Buitink would be a great striker. Riechedly Bazoer was tipped for big things at Ajax and moved to Germany, but is back at Vitesse. Still only 23, he'd be an excellent CM.

Heerenveen - Arjen van der Heide is a promising winger. Mitchell van Bergen was at Vitesse in older editions and was an excellent prospect, though not sure he's as good this time around. Sherel Floranus is a good full back option.

Feyenoord - Justin Bijlow is often a potential world class keeper, but you've got Schendelaar coming through, haven't you? Tyrell Malacia and Lutsharel Geertruida are two good full backs. Wouter Burger was a real prospect in the last edition, I think.

If you could somehow nab Jeremy Frimpong from Celtic, you'd be doing well! Ludovit Reis at Barcelona would be a very good addition; there's a young Dutch CB in their B team, who's promising too.

Rick van Drongelen at HSV is usually gettable for a few million if you need a CB. Ferdi Kadioglu is in Turkey now, but maybe he'll return to the Eredivisie?

So in my experience, there are lots of great young players out there. Whether you'd be able to afford them is another!

32 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

AZ are a great team to manage. Even if you sign just Dutch players and build with youth, I reckon you'd still win the league soon enough, as Ajax will sell their best players (but also get awesome regens).

If I recall, signing domestic Dutch players can be difficult - their clubs want ridiculous prices.

Dirk Proper (NEC) would be available on a Bosman in most saves after the first season, but you'd have lots of competition.

Vitesse - Thomas Buitink would be a great striker. Riechedly Bazoer was tipped for big things at Ajax and moved to Germany, but is back at Vitesse. Still only 23, he'd be an excellent CM.

Heerenveen - Arjen van der Heide is a promising winger. Mitchell van Bergen was at Vitesse in older editions and was an excellent prospect, though not sure he's as good this time around. Sherel Floranus is a good full back option.

Feyenoord - Justin Bijlow is often a potential world class keeper, but you've got Schendelaar coming through, haven't you? Tyrell Malacia and Lutsharel Geertruida are two good full backs. Wouter Burger was a real prospect in the last edition, I think.

If you could somehow nab Jeremy Frimpong from Celtic, you'd be doing well! Ludovit Reis at Barcelona would be a very good addition; there's a young Dutch CB in their B team, who's promising too.

Rick van Drongelen at HSV is usually gettable for a few million if you need a CB. Ferdi Kadioglu is in Turkey now, but maybe he'll return to the Eredivisie?

So in my experience, there are lots of great young players out there. Whether you'd be able to afford them is another!

Wow thank you buddy. Greats suggestions.

@Ronaldo Beckham 

It's a tough league for bargains for sure... you'd be better looking elsewhere, in the cheap, overlooked countries... as per most eredivisie teams do irl...

All the decent players outside the big 3 teams are typically newly transferred over so will be hard to get for you...

I'd look at the scandanavians, east europe and it's a great opportunity to raid african talent given the unique links with the netherlands.

28 minutes ago, Welshace said:

@Ronaldo Beckham 

It's a tough league for bargains for sure... you'd be better looking elsewhere, in the cheap, overlooked countries... as per most eredivisie teams do irl...

All the decent players outside the big 3 teams are typically newly transferred over so will be hard to get for you...

I'd look at the scandanavians, east europe and it's a great opportunity to raid african talent given the unique links with the netherlands.

Oh yeah I might look at signing Scandinavians as there is always bargains there.

I will probably get big offers for my best players so it should keep the save interesting for a few seasons.

I usually have long term saves with Dutch teams.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Oh yeah I might look at signing Scandinavians as there is always bargains there.

I will probably get big offers for my best players so it should keep the save interesting for a few seasons.

I usually have long term saves with Dutch teams.

Scandinavians.. 

Look at Sebastian Hausner, Benjamin Hvidt, Mikkel Møller Lassen and Casper Højer from AGF. Jeppe Pedersen, Mathias Ross and Lucas Andersen from AAB. Tochi Chukwuani from FCN. 

Among others

Might want to take a look next door at the Belgian Pro League?

I've gotten a few good players from there - and seeing as they are a top international side at the moment, there are some good finds to be be had in the teens and early 20s before they get a bit older and start getting plucked by the big sides.

Edited by CaptCanuck
2 hours ago, Mr_Demus said:

Scandinavians.. 

Look at Sebastian Hausner, Benjamin Hvidt, Mikkel Møller Lassen and Casper Højer from AGF. Jeppe Pedersen, Mathias Ross and Lucas Andersen from AAB. Tochi Chukwuani from FCN. 

Among others

1 hour ago, CaptCanuck said:

Might want to take a look next door at the Belgian Pro League?

I've gotten a few good players from there - and seeing as they are a top international side at the moment, there are some good finds to be be had in the teens and early 20s before they get a bit older and start getting plucked by the big sides.

Thanks for the advice guys.

There are two Dutch defenders at Liverpool too, Hoever and Van Den Berg. Can't see Liverpool selling them for anything other than crazy money. 

4 hours ago, dothestrand said:

There are two Dutch defenders at Liverpool too, Hoever and Van Den Berg. Can't see Liverpool selling them for anything other than crazy money. 

They I will look at loaning them in first season and try buy them eventually.

Cheers for the suggestion.