Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of help please. I've recently bought a new laptop and before it arrived I bought FM20 game (on disc). The Laptop has no disc drive..

I was told I could download the demo and put the activation key from the CD in the demo? I've not found anywhere to do this, I've also tried to put the key in via the "add a product" on steam.

Is there any way I can get this to work or do I need to buy it again?

Thank!

What actually happens when you put the key in on steam? 

I haven't bought anything on disc for PC for a long time but it makes no sense to me that there would be something disc specific to allowing the key to work. 

The disk is not required at all, all you need to do is add the key that is contained within the case and then steam should download/install it.

1 hour ago, EdL said:

The disk is not required at all, all you need to do is add the key that is contained within the case and then steam should download/install it.

This might be a silly question with an obvious answer, but why does the off the shelf version even include a disk?

For any collectors, wouldn't the box and code be satisfactory?

It does reduce the download size which could be useful for people with poor internet connections but not really my area!

5 minutes ago, EdL said:

It does reduce the download size which could be useful for people with poor internet connections but not really my area!

This has been mentioned before as a reason for the disc still being made available, although it is less important now.