How to increase market value for players?

Capture.thumb.JPG.8bdae268ccc26ccdf4fc0f4d47f3753b.JPG

Hi,

so this is my main GK and he has improved a lot in 3 years. However, as he plays regularly with awesome stats, his market value keeps getting stuck at $5M, sometimes it goes up a little. Maximum was at $8M.

Still this kind of GK is not $8M. He was the best GK in serie A (least conceded), has 2 international apps and my team is dominating in serie A. Is this a bug or what? I have no idea how to increase his market value, but i am sure as soon as i sell him, his value is going to skyrocket. It always happens in FM lol

From what I understand, it depends on your reputation, the clubs and the competition's. Obviously, as Milan you don't need to worry about the two latter items. So it might be that your reputation is  tad low. Obviously, the AI loved to pay you peanuts for your players. I never really pay attention to the 'value' of players, since the AI doesn't care as well.  

Yes, there's some kind of bug where goalkeepers don't go up as much in value as they should. It doesn't affect every single goalkeeper, but it has happened a few times during my saves. Usually it will correct itself as he keeps playing, but I don't know of any short term fix. 

In my FM20 club save, I have bought 2 keepers and sold 2 keepers.

All for low amounts of money. When buying it's great but it sucks when selling.

Not sure if it's a bug but I saw the low-keeper-love trend developing early in season 2 of my save and it has my got any better so far.

21 hours ago, s0ni42 said:

Part of value I believe is tied to his wages too. Give him a fat new 5 year deal and see what happens 

actually he just got a new contract and i dont think its tied to the wage. Some of the youngsters have more values than him and the value keeps going up even though the salary is only around 3k