Sports Interactive Community

Game crashed when saving then after using backup i saved and then left but the save file is now corrupted.

Is it possible to be repaired or restored to an older version from this...

https://we.tl/t-MakQERtOEO

Does your backup file not load?

14 hours ago, lostconnectionagain said:

Any way to restore the file to an older version?

The only ways are via the suggestions in the linked thread above or from your own computer backup

I posted in the editor hideaway about an issue with my MLS start date changing to 1900 when I added inter Miami and Nashville to the 2019 season but never got a reply.

I've replied on that thread.

14 hours ago, lostconnectionagain said:

Thanks but is there a program to restore the corrupted file to a old version?

The only ways are laid out in the link in post #2

We cannot recommend any specific third party application to restore files- you would be best to check on Google and then look at the customer reviews and make up your own mind.

I’ve tried several but I’m not sure if it actually recovered anything or just made a copy of it.

Or they don’t let you save any change unless you pay a extortionate fee as the file is over 100MB

The only solutions we recommend are detailed in the link, if they haven't worked I'm afraid the save file may be permanently corrupted. We cannot guarantee 3rd party programmes will work unfortunately. 

No- we are not in a position to make a recommendation like this, as has been said above.

A corrupted file cannot be recovered as I said in my post on 1/8/20.  All that can be done is to try and find a previous save game file-if you havent got one, then unfortunately that save will be lost and you need to start again and ensure that you keep regular backups.

A has been said above several times, a corrupted save file cannot be recovered.  If you want to try a third party app then search on the web and check the customer reviews.