Inverted Wing Back help

904824778_norunswhy..thumb.PNG.4d0840ac528acf527c8e66a41afd6e66.PNG

The circled player is my inverted wing back on attack duty. I want him to make runs in the direction of the arrow. But he never makes any, in fact, if you look at the other flank, my right full back on support duty is positioned higher and makes more runs. The individual mentality of iwb is very attacking and team mentality is positive and team fluidity is flexible. I also have underlap left TI turned on. Do you guys have any advice that i can try? Any help would be appreciated. 

47 minutes ago, mouli said:

904824778_norunswhy..thumb.PNG.4d0840ac528acf527c8e66a41afd6e66.PNG

The circled player is my inverted wing back on attack duty. I want him to make runs in the direction of the arrow. But he never makes any, in fact, if you look at the other flank, my right full back on support duty is positioned higher and makes more runs. The individual mentality of iwb is very attacking and team mentality is positive and team fluidity is flexible. I also have underlap left TI turned on. Do you guys have any advice that i can try? Any help would be appreciated. 

What is his attributes? Can show a screenshot of his attributes? Also a screenshot of your tactics will be much appreciated.

13 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

What is his attributes? Can show a screenshot of his attributes? Also a screenshot of your tactics will be much appreciated.

of course! 

tacticssss.thumb.PNG.d14993616131676d6426a129a1dadb99.PNG

attributes.thumb.PNG.c43c4c35fff65f83170a2af8e79d30e6.PNG

14 minutes ago, mouli said:

of course! 

tacticssss.thumb.PNG.d14993616131676d6426a129a1dadb99.PNG

attributes.thumb.PNG.c43c4c35fff65f83170a2af8e79d30e6.PNG

First of all Robert Mazan here is not really suited to be an inverted wing back due to below average mental attributes. An inverted wing back should have attributes very close to a central midfielder since they are in essence an auxiliary midfielder. Hover over to the attributes requirements of an inverted wing back if you need. 

The second problem here is the tactics. Roaming playmaker although has roam from position in its instruction they generally don't push forward enough for an inverted wing back to cut into that space. You need someone with get further forward instruction so that they can vacate the space for the inverted wing back to occupy. From the screenshot above it looks like the roaming playmaker is dribbling into the space so it might have affected the decision of your inverted wing back to not run into the same space as the roaming playmaker.

What I will suggest is moving your inverted wing back to the right side instead. Notice the huge space left behind by your mez(A)? That should be the space your inverted wing back is running into. 

5 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

First of all Robert Mazan here is not really suited to be an inverted wing back due to below average mental attributes. An inverted wing back should have attributes very close to a central midfielder since they are in essence an auxiliary midfielder. Hover over to the attributes requirements of an inverted wing back if you need. 

The second problem here is the tactics. Roaming playmaker although has roam from position in its instruction they generally don't push forward enough for an inverted wing back to cut into that space. You need someone with get further forward instruction so that they can vacate the space for the inverted wing back to occupy. From the screenshot above it looks like the roaming playmaker is dribbling into the space so it might have affected the decision of your inverted wing back to not run into the same space as the roaming playmaker.

What I will suggest is moving your inverted wing back to the right side instead. Notice the huge space left behind by your mez(A)? That should be the space your inverted wing back is running into. 

I completely agree with you that IWB should have stats of a CM that is why I chose a full back with good passing ability. Although I didn't really payed attention to the mentals. 

About tactics, I agree that he needs space to run into, that is why I create overload on the right side so i can free up some space on left side. As you can see the channel between their full back and defender is exposed because I have stay wider instruction for my left midfielder to create space for IWB to explore. Also, the RPM was dribbling towards the IWB from very far but the IWB didn't make any run forward and stayed close to his marker and the opportunity was wasted.

I don't agree with you on the part that there isn't enough space as I can see a lot of space in front of him at that particular moment. 

7 minutes ago, mouli said:

I completely agree with you that IWB should have stats of a CM that is why I chose a full back with good passing ability. Although I didn't really payed attention to the mentals. 

About tactics, I agree that he needs space to run into, that is why I create overload on the right side so i can free up some space on left side. As you can see the channel between their full back and defender is exposed because I have stay wider instruction for my left midfielder to create space for IWB to explore. Also, the RPM was dribbling towards the IWB from very far but the IWB didn't make any run forward and stayed close to his marker and the opportunity was wasted.

I don't agree with you on the part that there isn't enough space as I can see a lot of space in front of him at that particular moment. 

In my opinion mental attributes is more important than technical and physical for inverted wing back since they are not going to have as much of the ball but that is just my personal view.

Regarding my tactical suggestion, its up to you if you want to follow it. Maybe change to a more suitable player and see what happens?

1 hour ago, zyfon5 said:

In my opinion mental attributes is more important than technical and physical for inverted wing back since they are not going to have as much of the ball but that is just my personal view.

Regarding my tactical suggestion, its up to you if you want to follow it. Maybe change to a more suitable player and see what happens?

Thanks man I'll try to sign a more complete player next time. Are there any other attributes I should focus on for better movement besides "off the ball"? 

And also do you think "gets forward whenever possible" trait might help in this situation? 

1 hour ago, mouli said:

Thanks man I'll try to sign a more complete player next time. Are there any other attributes I should focus on for better movement besides "off the ball"? 

And also do you think "gets forward whenever possible" trait might help in this situation? 

anticipation, decision, composure, work rate, teamwork are all important. Ya get forward trait definitely will help

8 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

anticipation, decision, composure, work rate, teamwork are all important

And off the ball as well, especially if played on attack (or even support) duty. 

13 hours ago, mouli said:

my right full back on support duty is positioned higher and makes more runs

Because you use the Focus play down the right flank TI, which increases the individual mentality of the related fullback + Zabaleta - if I remember correctly - has the trait "Gets forward whenever possible".

Btw, your tactic as a whole looks pretty unbalanced and contains a degree of both contradiction and overkill.

6 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

And off the ball as well, especially if played on attack (or even support) duty. 

Because you use the Focus play down the right flank TI, which increases the individual mentality of the related fullback + Zabaleta - if I remember correctly - has the trait "Gets forward whenever possible".

Btw, your tactic as a whole looks pretty unbalanced and contains a degree of both contradiction and overkill.

No I just checked Zabaleta doesn't have that trait(I'm on fm19 btw) but I think you're right about focusing play down right. But if I don't select that option then my players don't start play from right flank, I want to progress the ball up through my right flank and score goals and get assists from the left. Is there any other way I could do this? 

And any tips about modifying this tactic will be a huge help or just general tips I should keep in mind next time I make a tactic. 

1 hour ago, mouli said:

No I just checked Zabaleta doesn't have that trait(I'm on fm19 btw) but I think you're right about focusing play down right. But if I don't select that option then my players don't start play from right flank, I want to progress the ball up through my right flank and score goals and get assists from the left. Is there any other way I could do this? 

And any tips about modifying this tactic will be a huge help or just general tips I should keep in mind next time I make a tactic. 

Maybe use the Overlap Right and Underlap Left TI?