Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
AT13BA

Tactical Instructions Problem

Recommended Posts


- I want play controlled football, but it is not possible this year because the Advanced playmaker ( central middfield ) don't carry ball and don't dribble. Ball Playing Defender plays long ball... I want he set the game but he play long. So I think Individual tactical system should come. The pass number is not realistic last year. I want to my keeper play short but my keeper plays long. This is not good. Please fix for next year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I agree that individual player tactics would be a very welcome addition to the game. Seems odd that if you have a winger with high dribbling attribute (for example, Adama Traore), you can't set him individually to run at defenders. Obviously you can set the instruction at a team level but not every player in your squad will have good dribbling, and that's when you get players giving the ball away cheaply. 

Edited by passenger58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/08/2020 at 18:41, passenger58 said:

I agree that individual player tactics would be a very welcome addition to the game. Seems odd that if you have a winger with high dribbling attribute (for example, Adama Traore), you can't set him individually to run at defenders. Obviously you can set the instruction at a team level but not every player in your squad will have good dribbling, and that's when you get players giving the ball away cheaply. 

Example In my system i want through balls and high dribbling... It's not possible 😂 i think Individual tactical Instructions should come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The roles you give players are basically 'customised' individual tactics - most positions on the pitch have roles which should allow you to encourage or discourage certain things ...

For instance a winger will try and dribble and cross the ball, a box to box midfield will tend to have more latitude on where he is positioned on the pitch, moving up and down with play etc.

(that being said without giving too much away we'll be considering adding additional roles and such in future versions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2020 at 18:20, Marc Vaughan said:

The roles you give players are basically 'customised' individual tactics - most positions on the pitch have roles which should allow you to encourage or discourage certain things ...

For instance a winger will try and dribble and cross the ball, a box to box midfield will tend to have more latitude on where he is positioned on the pitch, moving up and down with play etc.

(that being said without giving too much away we'll be considering adding additional roles and such in future versions)

I said Ball Playing Defender plays long ball. That's why ?  His role Ball Playing Defender. I select short pass but he play long ball.  My Advanced playmaker dont try dribble and dont carry ball. Please make new things. Thank you for reply. Good works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2020 at 20:20, AT13BA said:

I said Ball Playing Defender plays long ball. That's why ?  His role Ball Playing Defender. I select short pass but he play long ball.  My Advanced playmaker dont try dribble and dont carry ball. Please make new things. Thank you for reply. Good works

With regards to why sometimes players won't blindly obey their roles - somethings will come down to individual players and the situation within a match.

For instance if you have someone set as a 'Ball Playing Defender' but they've good decisions and are being pressed by opposition forwards without an outlet then they will most likely try and put the ball into a safe location (ie. attempt a long searching pass). A BDP with short-passing only works if you've players around him who have space for him to pass to).

Also - Do bear in mind that the 'clips' you see are the most exciting parts of a match, your players 'may' have been doing what you expect more of the time and it's the one time they didn't which made them unpredictable and got you a chance.

For instance at Brighton, Lewis Dunk is a BDP - he passes short and Brighton are known for short passing ... however if you watch our matches a fair few chances come from Dunk playing long balls accurately over the time, teams don't expect it from us and so its effective when its tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...