Sports Interactive and the Impact of Covid-19

Just now, gargmukul121 said:

Obviously with there being a pandemic things might've changed I'm wondering will we still get a mid-late November release for FM21 or we looking at something a bit later this year.

One of the other pinned threads is the announcement of FM and its release date, which is 24 November.

After reading up on what will happen in FM21 and COVID, i have a few mixed feelings but mostly a positive stance.

1. Disappointed that crowds will be allowed from the beginning. Takes away realism and a staggered approach could have been adopted in order to add realism to the COVID situation.
......The financial struggle is real and it should be depicted in the game. Re-working the transfer system with more ‘loan-to-offer’ situation etc.. is fine but that should be enough. The financial situation could improve in line with other aspects returning to normal.

2. Fair play with the start date of league calendars dependent on the leagues. A nice fair fix to the situation.

3. Same can be said with the Transfer windows and Substitution rules….a season 2 ‘back to normal’ stance is very fair.

4. Visual handshakes or fist pumps are of no interest to me. That’s a graphic which could be important for some but definitely not for me.