Traits for a Higher Tempo Attack

In @AceAvenger's great gegenpressing thread, he pointed out the below attributes to be key to pressing, but I'm more interested in tempo when my team has the ball. The below attributes were listed in the thread as important for pressing:

Aggression, Anticipation, Determination, Teamwork, Work rate, Acceleration, Stamina

I'm curious which attributes benefit a more up-tempo attack as opposed to a slower build up?

Quick physically dominant players are great, especially if they can beat their man.

What I like about high tempo football is that you can reduce the match down to match ups and then having physically good players is really beneficial as once they get past their man they stay past them due the fast nature of the player and the football.

Good advice, thank you for your input.

My 1860 team is the best team in the Bundesliga in 2033 and I've won 5 straight Bundesliga titles.  Naturally a lot of teams sit back against me and I play on a lower tempo to break them down - recently though my goals are primarily coming from set pieces and I'm not getting lots of good shots on goal.

My team has great physicals and I'm wondering if a higher tempo attack with my very high press defense would catch my opponent out of possession more quickly and result in more goals...

When looking at the match analysis/player analysis do you see high passing numbers with the opposition CBs? Like they are basically pinging it back and forth, killing time?

I read it about it in a thread somewhere on here and now I will press one of the CBs when I see that and it looks to make them try and get it at least to the DM level sooner than they otherwise would and potentially increase turnovers. If you have Timo Werner/Neal Maupay type forwards you could always sick one of them on a CB or DM and see if that helps?

Like you I have a wide, lower tempo tactic for bus parkers and I'm not sure it's doing a super job of opening up those teams, but since I'm an improving cup winning team at the moment, but not consistent title-holders like your side I likely don't see it to quite the extent you do.

38 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

When looking at the match analysis/player analysis do you see high passing numbers with the opposition CBs? Like they are basically pinging it back and forth, killing time?

I read it about it in a thread somewhere on here and now I will press one of the CBs when I see that and it looks to make them try and get it at least to the DM level sooner than they otherwise would and potentially increase turnovers. If you have Timo Werner/Neal Maupay type forwards you could always sick one of them on a CB or DM and see if that helps?

Like you I have a wide, lower tempo tactic for bus parkers and I'm not sure it's doing a super job of opening up those teams, but since I'm an improving cup winning team at the moment, but not consistent title-holders like your side I likely don't see it to quite the extent you do.

That makes sense but it’s not something I have trouble with. I’m really happy with my defensive play/time of possession, now I just want to to find the optimal tempo for my squad.

I’ve watched @Rashidi’s videos about breaking down opponents and have found them helpful, but still struggle to get good shots on goal. In my situation I don’t think it’s only against bad teams. I play against a lot of 4231’s and I play a 4123 that’s very tiki taka-esque.