Sports Interactive Community
guanpoo

4-2-3-1 Looking for adjustments

Currentlky running a 4-2-3-1 using inside forwards, a SS and DLF.  I'm generally having very good reuslts with this, but occasionally concede silly goals.  The offensive side of the game seems to work very well with all 4 offensive players being involved in play and chipping in a lot of goals and assists.  I've tried various roles and so on for the wing backs and tried switching to full backs but they seem to disrupt the offensive flow without adding much in defensive stability.  My main question is which CM roles should I use here.  A BBM doesn't make much sense with the offensive roles I have so I am wondering between keeping 2 CMs with  AP/DP/BWM rolls or switching one to def mid with Regista/anchor/HB.  The players I have at my dispiosal would fill any of these rolls either immediatly, or with a little development.  Thanks for any feedback.

form1.png

I don't like 2 playmakers and don't see why you won't employ a b2b instead of the AP. In any sense, what of those playmakers are you trying to 'fix', the attacking or the deep-lying?

For the Offensive, i'd swap it for a b2b, if the DLP, for a CM(D).

About the Wingbacks, i'd use them as WB (S), instead of CWB, as they tends to drift inside and try killer passes and stuff, from my experience.

Cheers,
Bitner 

In this formation I'd opt for a CMd instead of the AP, and the DLP on support. You already have a lot of players up front so you just need both your CMs to hold position more.

The CMd will cover most of the defensive part, while the DLP on support will do a fair share defensively as well and will link play to the forwards.