Sports Interactive Community

•  
  • 1 post

I have just bought a Acer Aspire R3 Series and have downloaded Steam. It took me initially about 2 hours to get FM20 started as it kept saying the application was already loaded. It know takes about 25 minutes to load up and takes maybe 30 minutes to play a game as it constantly freezes and can barely watch the games as it jitters everywhere. Is there anything I can do to fix this as I've paid for this game and now am reluctant to playing it.

I'm sure it is not my Laptop/Notebook because otherwise before getting the game it should tell me I don't have the requirements to play it. I have more then enough memory for it to do its business.

Do you have an Antivirus installed at all? This could be interfering with the running of the game. 

If you do have one, try disabling it first to see what happens, worst case uninstall if only temporarily and then observe. All being well you should then try to then ensure that FM is "whitelisted" or excluded from the AV's grasp as then it will not interfere with the game running. Obviously doing so will result in the potential for dodgy stuff being downloaded to the SI folders and never picked up so be wary of your sources of skins/graphics etc.

Also, do you mean the Acer Aspire R3 series that has a Celeron processor that's barely minimum spec (at base speed, below minimum spec) for the game, and only has Intel integrated graphics? Because yeah, it's going to be slow even on the lowest graphics.

On Steam, the minimum requirements are listed for you to look at and determine if your netbook is good enough to run it.