Not very good at this game

Hello again everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Finished preseason and all of my transfer business now done and I am a few games into the new season. Played the 2 in the Carabao cup, into the 3rd round now, and I am 3rd in the league after 6 games, which is pretty decent so far. Quite happy with it so far, winning 6 on the spin recently keeping 5 clean sheets in those games. Considering my first 2 games where with a lot of new players who might not have been very well gelled together yet and morale in the squad was quite low due to selling a fair few players its not too bad with hindsight. Not gonna lie, I did have a bit of a wobble, but soon things turned around quite sharply for me so yeah.

One of 2 changes I made to my team apart from the advice given from you guys is putting the left WB on attack instead of support, just to try and get a bit more balance on my left side, just so I can have a support and attack on both wings, and it seems to have worked quite well so far. The second is that I pushed the higher line of engagement back down to a standard or the game away at Forest in the cup when I won 3-0, so I think I'll keep that going a little longer to see if it keeps working well. Let me know what you think on them though.

Another change I have considered, but haven't done yet, is put on play for set pieces, due to the fact that my team seems to have a fair bit of success from corners so far this season. Could this be a good idea? What are the negatives of this instruction?

One problem I have noticed so far is that in games I have over 60/65% possession but still create very few clear cut chances for my team. Is there anything I can tweak to try and make better chances or is this just a limitation that I will have with this sort of tactic/set up and is something I'll have to contend with while using this? Could hiring the tempo from low to standard or even higher help out a little better or something like that?

I'm also trying to develop a few more different set ups for different situations, such as in games where I need to find a goal from somewhere and the other when I'm leading and might want to try and focus on hitting on the counter a little bit more, so I'll keep you updated on how they look and if they're doing well.

Thanks again everyone who responded to this thread so much, been such a massive help once again :)

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (13).png

Is it 'good' possession? Does the heatmap and passing in player analysis show it's happening in the opponent's half? And are the chances you are seeing/not seeing coming from the highlights and shots analysis, as compared to that CCC match stat, which is widely regarded as rubbish. Does your DLP have any offensive/creative traits that could help unlock defenses? Is Healey suited for DLF and is working into box (ie. reduced crossing/long shots) best suited to get him/AMs involved?

BTW is that Liverpool's Chirivella? I had him for a couple seasons, but my squad improvement out-paced his abilities so I sold him on; he's an excellent acquisition for a League 1/Championship side :-)

9 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Is it 'good' possession? Does the heatmap and passing in player analysis show it's happening in the opponent's half? And are the chances you are seeing/not seeing coming from the highlights and shots analysis, as compared to that CCC match stat, which is widely regarded as rubbish. Does your DLP have any offensive/creative traits that could help unlock defenses? Is Healey suited for DLF and is working into box (ie. reduced crossing/long shots) best suited to get him/AMs involved?

BTW is that Liverpool's Chirivella? I had him for a couple seasons, but my squad improvement out-paced his abilities so I sold him on; he's an excellent acquisition for a League 1/Championship side :-)

To be honest I'm not quite sure but I'll definitely keep an eye on out in the next few games. I've swapped the midfield 3 around slightly, the DM is a DLP on defend on the CM that was DLP on support is now a box to box midfielder, just trying to see if that gives me a little bit more on the offensive side of things. Also swapped the 2 CD's to BPD's the see if that helps me unlock opposition defenses a little bit better. Healey isn't particularly suited to a DLF, more of an AF, but didn't want such a huge gap between attack and midfield, but am going to try him in his more natural position for the next few games to see if he has more of an effect on the game. I might give it a few games with working the ball into the box as well just to see if that helps as well. 

I also have play for set pieces and run at defense on. Set pieces because were quite good at them, run at defense to see if it helps us get forward a tad quicker. Yep that is Liverpool's Chirivella. Pretty happy when I signed him, bid £1 for him when his contract was just about to expire to try and jump the queue so to speak and beat a few other players to him so yeah it was quite the coup I think.