Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

No, you still haven't explained why Covid should feature in FM21.

I am going to assume you are joking or that your account has been hacked.
Should you really need an explanation, please re-read all of the comments and see that the consensuses is that COVID-19 / Pandemic will have some impact upon FM21.

To what extent, we will wait to find out but for sure SI can’t just ignore it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

There's a statement in regard to Covid-19 and Football Manager from Miles now here - https://fm20.info/Update

Thanks. 

Hi,

I read the statement and its 80% corporate which is fine because it has to be.

The main paragraph is 
What I can confirm today is that, despite all the problems going on in the world, there will be new Football Manager games released later this year. They will be delivered a little later than we’d originally planned, but they’ll have exceptionally strong feature sets… albeit different to those we thought we’d settled on back in January when I completed my ‘dream feature set’.

Based on the other information in the statement it would seem that the SI team has had a monumentally difficult task which they have really tried to tackle. Bravo to them and fingers crossed for FM21. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

No, you still haven't explained why Covid should feature in FM21.

Because it is effecting real-life football. And will effect real-life football next year. Teams will play behind closed doors, not sure for how long, but all the experts are saying around Christmas. The finances of all clubs have been hit hard.

SI/FM tries to replicate real-life football as much as possible, so Covid has to effect the first season, at least, of FM21.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2020 at 07:20, Prokopije said:

I'm wondering if they will add those pandemic effects in game. Lower budgets, restricted numbers of supporters or no supporters during games, aka lower income from ticket sales, etc...

could be a neat mode to put into the game! choose to play normal or play in the covid 19 leagues 
with those restriction you mentioned! or having to miss a game cause players tested positive 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spanner said:

I am going to assume you are joking or that your account has been hacked.
Should you really need an explanation, please re-read all of the comments and see that the consensuses is that COVID-19 / Pandemic will have some impact upon FM21.

To what extent, we will wait to find out but for sure SI can’t just ignore it.

I know covid is affecting things irl. I still see no reason to have it in the game as things stand. There are almost 40 thousand posts in the bug forum, the match engine is one of the worst I've ever seen, the dev team must be finding it hard enough working under these conditions. I'd rather they spent their time improving the game than waste time adding in a pandemic. Even if it has an effect such as delaying a league irl, there's still no reason that has to be in the game imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davehanson said:

Because it is effecting real-life football. And will effect real-life football next year. Teams will play behind closed doors, not sure for how long, but all the experts are saying around Christmas. The finances of all clubs have been hit hard.

SI/FM tries to replicate real-life football as much as possible, so Covid has to effect the first season, at least, of FM21.

There are other things that affect real life football that I don't want in the game. Team releases player because his wife posts crazy racist crap on twitter. Opposing fans throwing a rock through the bus window, injuring a player. Player suffers debilitating injury in a car crash while on international duty. The list goes on and on. If I'm going to be depressed, I want it to be because my striker can't score.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they will just forego putting this pandemic into the game. 

The game has more than enough long term bugs that needs fixing and effort should go there instead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people on this forum seem to think it is as simple as a flick of a switch to include the pandemic into the game. As Miles explains, they had their "dream feature set" layed out in January 2020, for a release usually end October/early November. That's 10 months!

So if the pandemic would have to be incorporated into FM21 and if they would start on that now, following the same logic as what is explained above, the release for FM21 would be May 2021. Now I'm not in programming or the gaming industry so I don't have a clue how long adding a pandemic to a game would take, but I have a sense of how long things take to get it right. I'm saying this as a seasoned player of FM, dating back since I was able to sign Peter Prospar as a 19yo from Ansar (oldies like me would know what I'm talking about). Looking at the evolution of the game since the early days, the game has come far and I feel they are getting it more right with every new FM.

Obviously it would be nice if there are some quick to implement features into the new FM21 that are a result from the pandemic, but it is unrealistic to expect that they would be able to do this for all 118 leagues in the game and get it tested and released before the end of the year. Especially as (I assume) a lot of those 118 leagues still don't know how they are going to structure their league next season.

Also take into account that depending on the financial situation of SI, they may need to release a FM21 version to gather income to keep their heads above water (based on the post from Miles, it sounds like they do). As a businessowner myself, these times are very hard and a little support is sometimes the difference between floating and sinking. So when the next version comes out, I will buy it, I will play it, and I won't moan that it doesn't have all the latest features related to the pandemic. If that is a requirement for you, then maybe wait for FM22. I will continue to support the people that have produced a video game that has given me so much joy over the past 20+ years, even if the new version isn't reflecting the current situation.

I'm not having a go at anyone with this post, I am merely trying to bring some perspective.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally dont think it will happen . I think a lot of people will be hesitant in making a purchase this year due to Covid 19 ... I know i wont be purchasing it and it might crush the company if it turns pair shaped for them . Would be a better thing if they just released a database update and focused on FM22  .

 

Edited by prot651
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fmonit said:

Obviously it would be nice if there are some quick to implement features into the new FM21 that are a result from the pandemic, but it is unrealistic to expect that they would be able to do this for all 118 leagues in the game and get it tested and released before the end of the year. Especially as (I assume) a lot of those 118 leagues still don't know how they are going to structure their league next season.

It doesn't really have to be that accurate. Just no attendence and no income from ticket sales for a couple of months.

But it's also ok if it's not included in the game. There are many other things they choose not to include in the game that also happen in real life. Like corruption, different scandals etc. Everything is clean and fair in FM world. Also death of player never happens. They could have legal issues maybe  with death of a real player but even newgens don't die ever and realistically it can happen and it does in real world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prot651 said:

Personally dont think it will happen . I think a lot of people will be hesitant in making a purchase this year due to Covid 19 ... I know i wont be purchasing it and it might crush the company if it turns pair shaped for them . Would be a better thing if they just released a database update and focused on FM21  .

 

It is happening, a statement from Miles has already been posted confirming a new game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, yolixeya said:

It doesn't really have to be that accurate. Just no attendence and no income from ticket sales for a couple of months.

But it's also ok if it's not included in the game. There are many other things they choose not to include in the game that also happen in real life. Like corruption, different scandals etc. Everything is clean and fair in FM world. Also death of player never happens. They could have legal issues maybe  with death of a real player but even newgens don't die ever and realistically it can happen and it does in real world.

You do mention some very interesting points, some of which I have never thought of. For example, the sudden death of players, criminal sentences which can affect playing time, off the field issues, sex scandals, training fights, player-manager arguements  etc..

There are many aspects of real-life football that FM does not include.

It will be interesting to see if any of these factors will be introduced into FM21

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spanner said:

You do mention some very interesting points, some of which I have never thought of. For example, the sudden death of players, criminal sentences which can affect playing time, off the field issues, sex scandals, training fights, player-manager arguements  etc..

There are many aspects of real-life football that FM does not include.

It will be interesting to see if any of these factors will be introduced into FM21

What goes on off the field in real life will rarely be represented in the game due to legal risks, as SI have said countless times.  Even if only happening to regens, it will not happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spanner said:

You do mention some very interesting points, some of which I have never thought of. For example, the sudden death of players, criminal sentences which can affect playing time, off the field issues, sex scandals, training fights, player-manager arguements  etc..

There are many aspects of real-life football that FM does not include.

It will be interesting to see if any of these factors will be introduced into FM21

The game is already causing enough headache with strikers routinely missing 1v1s, l doubt my mood would lift if my goalkeeper got himself jailed for drink driving and my vice captain committed suicide the day before a cup semi final.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

It is happening, a statement from Miles has already been posted confirming a new game.

 

Yeah i read that and not convinced of what will be produced ( Of course i could be totally wrong ) .... But seems more of a release of a statement trying to calm fears that the company is fine and it very well might be i guess but i will wait for the Demo this time and make a judgement on what is produced 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Danchinaski said:

The game is already causing enough headache with strikers routinely missing 1v1s, l doubt my mood would lift if my goalkeeper got himself jailed for drink driving and my vice captain committed suicide the day before a cup semi final.

While I completely understand and support SI's decision in staying away from it (whether it's a personal want for them or just in fear of litigation), I'd quite like that kind of thing to be moddable.  One thing that's jumped out at me about FM in recent years is just how strait-laced and sterile the game can be at times.  I'd quite enjoy a really off-the-wall version of the game where weird stuff does happen.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2020 at 21:22, FMExperiment said:

Be that as it may games still function as a kind of escapism and with all the depressing virus killing people **** in real life it's not amiss to think people might not need it in the game. Same reason why I wouldn't want random news updates of other things that happen in real life like plane crashes, cancer etc..

FM could very well just ignore Covid and I for one would be all for that.

Where did I say it needed to as depressing as you are painting?

FM is a football simulation. It tries to simulate real life football as closely as it can whilst staying within  the boundaries of avoiding legal ramifications. That is why you don't see player X involved in a failed drug test etc.

Real life, all games more or less across the globe, are being played behind closed doors. The income of all clubs is being affected and IMO this should certainly be represented in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, forameuss said:

While I completely understand and support SI's decision in staying away from it (whether it's a personal want for them or just in fear of litigation), I'd quite like that kind of thing to be moddable.  One thing that's jumped out at me about FM in recent years is just how strait-laced and sterile the game can be at times.  I'd quite enjoy a really off-the-wall version of the game where weird stuff does happen.  

Completely agree.
.....Could you imagine an email confirming that your star striker was caught speeding and has lost his license for 6-months...hahhahha....absolutely epic!!!

Being new to FM forums, i must say that i do like to read such comments.

If an off-the-wall FM version was available, i would buy it in a heartbeat.
From a legal perspective, you have to just acknowledge the SI point of view on this matter.

I feel there is a good bit of wiggle-room to help promote such a thing within the FM games but if SI do not wish to look into it, then I respectfully accept that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Danchinaski said:

The game is already causing enough headache with strikers routinely missing 1v1s, l doubt my mood would lift if my goalkeeper got himself jailed for drink driving and my vice captain committed suicide the day before a cup semi final.

With respect, a greater representation of real-life football mayhem (on and off the field) would be, i am sure, embraced by many players of the game.

…..Your mood is not what i am interested in or referring to when i made my comments. Should you find the game difficult enough as it is, ok perhaps you have a point.

I have won all there is at Premiership team level and International Manager level. It did become a little tedious towards the end. Some colourful, spontaneous challenges along the way would seriously be welcomed by myself and I am sure others as well.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, FrazT said:

What goes on off the field in real life will rarely be represented in the game due to legal risks, as SI have said countless times.  Even if only happening to regens, it will not happen.

My comment was not intended to offend any SI representative. You state ‘countless times’ within your comment. I am new to FM forums and do not know what has been said previously.

Thank you for confirming SI’s stance on this matter. I sincerely hope that it can change in the not too distant future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spanner said:

With respect...

…..Your mood is not what i am interested in or referring to when i made my comments.

This is an unecessarily crappy tone to adopt, bad form to open a post with "with respect" and then post in a supercilious and disrespectful way which may cause offence imho.

To make my point another way, adding soap opera elements would not improve the game any in my opinion, FM20 has numerous ME issues and the game still hasn't managed to incorporate media engagement in a meaningful way and this also needs significant attention, I'm personally very doubtful that adding off-field events would be successful. Fwiw l would like to see more difficult man management, I'd be keen to have players who are notoriously difficult to manage (Maradona, George Best, Balotelli, Gascoigne types) but this can be achieved without spamming us with news items about arrests and extra marital affairs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The way see it is rather simple.

Covid has impacted football in a big way financially. This can easily be incorporated into the game by using the same methodology that has always been applied, by setting club finances up as close as they can to the real-worlds club finances. They will be lower than in previous versions because of Covid, transfer fees will probably also be adjusted due the lack of revenue for the clubs, but essentially, it is no different to previous versions just lower numbers in the finances.

As far as release dates go, I see it being pushed back but still being similar time-frame between start of season/close of transfer window to game release. The usual caveats to update the database and create the plaiyng squads as per start of season. The Covid impact on this would simply move the transfer windows and season start dates in the real world - which in turn would delay the release of the game due to database accuracy.

Now, to factor in the WFH and collaborative aspects if the SI working environment is harder to ascertain. but be realistic, everyone has had to readjust their lives around this pandemic, and it has created a number of issues but also found some innovative solutions. To expect SI to be able to keep rolling on whatever is unrealistic and not a very fair expectation on anyone. 

This year will be different to previous years however it pans out but I, for one, have a strong trust in the team at SI to produce something worthy of the Football Manager title, even if it is later than usual, with fewer new features than last year but the thought of comparing this year's release with previous year's is a nonsensical waste of time because this year has been unlike any other previous year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As i see it in relation to covid being in FM21, as far as im concerned, the divergence between the real world and FM world begins the minute you click the continue button on the 1st day of the save, so on that click, it can be assumed in the FM alternate timeline, that covid was irradicated and all governments allowed fans back into stadiums and life instantly returned to pre covid normality :) As someone said previously, i  play to escape into an alternative FM universe and having Covid related shinannigans to worry about in my own made up FM universe  would suck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As most have said Fm should be an escape from this Covid universe we are all living in at the moment but i imagine they will have to address it in the game with late start of competitions, transfer windows and also that the Euro's will be in the summer of 2021, thats as far as it should be taken in my opinion mentioned at beginning of the game to explain things and then let the players escape into a covid free football universe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to Covid: Brexit Style where there's a number of different outcomes in the save.  Roll a 6...vaccines for all!  Roll a 1...oh no, it's armageddon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering what the plans were for fm21 with regards to the pandemic situation and the football calendar schedule?

Will the covid situation be implemented in the game so no fans in stadiumsor will it be covid free?

Will the normal transfer window be in the game or this late extended one?

If the game has covid how will you decide on when fans return or will you have regular updates keeping in line with the real world?

Edited by HotDogManUK
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HotDogManUK said:

I was wondering what the plans were for fm21 with regards to the pandemic situation and the football calendar schedule?

Will the covid situation be implemented in the game so no fans in stadiumsor will it be covid free?

Will the normal transfer window be in the game or this late extended one?

If the game has covid how will you decide on when fans return or will you have regular updates keeping in line with the real world?

Answer to your questions:

1) We don't know. The impact of Covid would likely be included, without directly referring to the virus.

2) Transfer window changes have been included previously, so probably the extended one.

3) I'd imagine having, say, the 20/21 season without fans, or with limited capacity, and then returning to normal for the 21/22 season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2020 at 06:40, jc1 said:

Jeez give me strength, at this moment in time I care not a jot about what staff does what, my point is a very straight forward one, the biggest problem with FM20 is the ME and that should be the priority for SI this year,

A few points, not to be argumentative. First, having played the game for less time than some (the last five iterations) it seems to me that the match engine is whack-a- mole: every time they fix something we complain about, something else pops up. It's also a sort of Schrodinger's cat whack a mole in that not everyone agrees - i have seen people going on for years about how it's too easy to score from crosses, while my personal experience is different, for example.

Secondly, I played the game more because of lockdown, and found it easier to get frustrated by the patterns and shortcomings.  Things that gave you a mild eye-roll a year ago (repetitive off side after a throw in) are now teethgrindingly annoying. That's not SI's fault, that's mine for not reading more books instead of reaching for the game.

Thirdly, I have no idea of how teams are deployed, or what the skillsets required for different areas of the game are, but I can't imagine that it is entirely interchangeable. N0or can I imagine that this forum is stuffed with experts on that, either. People go on about the match engine, but I haven't seen anyone come up with a figure for what it takes to either turn it into the all-singing all-dancing spectacular that everyone seems to expect. It seems to me that unless we are more familiar with what the economics of this are - either in improving the match engine to a radical extent, or building a new one (which I am guessing would cost eye-watering sums of money) - then any discussion doesn't mean a whole lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, scass said:

A few points, not to be argumentative. First, having played the game for less time than some (the last five iterations) it seems to me that the match engine is whack-a- mole: every time they fix something we complain about, something else pops up. It's also a sort of Schrodinger's cat whack a mole in that not everyone agrees - i have seen people going on for years about how it's too easy to score from crosses, while my personal experience is different, for example.

Secondly, I played the game more because of lockdown, and found it easier to get frustrated by the patterns and shortcomings.  Things that gave you a mild eye-roll a year ago (repetitive off side after a throw in) are now teethgrindingly annoying. That's not SI's fault, that's mine for not reading more books instead of reaching for the game.

Thirdly, I have no idea of how teams are deployed, or what the skillsets required for different areas of the game are, but I can't imagine that it is entirely interchangeable. N0or can I imagine that this forum is stuffed with experts on that, either. People go on about the match engine, but I haven't seen anyone come up with a figure for what it takes to either turn it into the all-singing all-dancing spectacular that everyone seems to expect. It seems to me that unless we are more familiar with what the economics of this are - either in improving the match engine to a radical extent, or building a new one (which I am guessing would cost eye-watering sums of money) -

then any discussion doesn't mean a whole lot. 

Great post with some very pertinent points.

however I think the fact that every problem is magnified by lockdown, and all MEs have their irritations, should not distract SI from a significant groundswell of opinion that this years engine is a bit of a turkey.

its essential that FM fans comment freely about the game and make their observations and complaints clear. FM has no competition so without forthright feedback it doesn’t have a benchmark to improve against.

The match isn’t exciting right now. It’s very repetitive. Some players dread having to watch it. Frankly it feels put together by a mathematician not a football fan and has very little character, wit, variety or ingenuity in play. SI are always proclaiming record sales (which is great as I love the game and have no doubts the mojo will come back). Please don’t let them off the hook by saying they can hardly change the ME when it should be the jewel in the crown!

Edited by steam just is
Link to post
Share on other sites

Given what's happened this year, think they'll have done well to release in 2020 anyway given that it's normally a November release all things considered. Personally think it will be impossible to judge against previous years since no other release will have been affected in the same way. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a more conservative release than usual, but we won't know either way for some while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking in a more positive light.

FM21 will be one to have and keep because of its uniqueness.
Instead of focusing on the problems, which is open to indiviual opinion, connected to FM20. Perhaps its best to look forward to a realistic and unique moment in the FM games. 

The factors that surround the football world at this time are unprecedented. It will be a hall-of-fame FM to buy and keep safe. Think of looking back in 5 years time and saying 'yep, it was crazy but it just made the challenge more interesting'. 

I welcome the crazy. Give me the curve-ball.
3D features mean nothing to me, i don't need a manager avatar. In my opinion you can keep the ME the same but just add into the game a really interesting Covid-19 aspect. 

Hit me with some crazy FM21 and i will love it.

I might even buy the hard-copy version to have and store away as a collector's item. 

Bravo to the SI team for trying to go for gold again, despite all thats happened. To any member of the SI team that reads this...thank you for all your hard work and effort. Keep going and i look forward to FM21.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Preveza said:

Why are ppl so obsessed about Covid being in the game. Bruh.

I think that comment demonstrates to me more why you play the game. Most players that I know and have correspondence with, play the game as a test.

It’s you versus real-life. It’s my idea versus the ideas of the real-life manager of the club.

Classic point Ole and Man United.
We all think we can fix the club. We all think we know best. Well, with FM20 you can try and ‘prove it’.

The same in FM16 with Newcastle and the squad they had or Westham fans and ‘I can take us into the top 6’.
Every year players of FM will buy who they think is best and play the players in a position that they think will get the best results.

Yes the FM games are individual but there is always the ‘real-life framework’ that we check ourselves against.

Covid-19 will be a very interesting and big test for all clubs to manage. As a player of FM21 I would like the same challenge.

I think the word obsessed is perhaps a bit mis-placed, in my opinion. Many are intrigued or curious.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only just thought, do you reckon we can start and still play out the Europa and Champs league from last season that's happening this week?

Surely we must do right?

The Scottish season has already started so if I'm playing as Rangers I'd expect to get to play my game against Leverkusen that's happening tomorrow.

Have all the European leagues finished now?

What's happened in the South American leagues? Did they call their season or are they still waiting to resume?

Only just starting to appreciate what a minefield it all is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal view is that in the world of FM we should just pretend Covid 19 never happened. I come into FM to escape the real world and whilst I'm all for realism there are certain things which should be kept out of what is really a fantasy world.

Whether there could be an option for the user to select the Covid world or one without? Not sure how this could be easily handled by SI.

Either way the next couple of years is going to throw up a whole load of challenges for the real football world which one way or another will need to be considered because even if we pretend it isn't happening that means fixture lists, competition dates etc. will all be misaligned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spanner said:

Thinking in a more positive light.

FM21 will be one to have and keep because of its uniqueness.
Instead of focusing on the problems, which is open to indiviual opinion, connected to FM20. Perhaps its best to look forward to a realistic and unique moment in the FM games. 

The factors that surround the football world at this time are unprecedented. It will be a hall-of-fame FM to buy and keep safe. Think of looking back in 5 years time and saying 'yep, it was crazy but it just made the challenge more interesting'. 

I welcome the crazy. Give me the curve-ball.
3D features mean nothing to me, i don't need a manager avatar. In my opinion you can keep the ME the same but just add into the game a really interesting Covid-19 aspect. 

Hit me with some crazy FM21 and i will love it.

 

I'd rather have a good computer game thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's with all the people that need to escape the real world? I know things are tough right now but is it really that bad that SI should treat us like that little girl form Pan's Labyrinth to protect our little fragile minds?

To tell you the truth, I dont see any valid reason why it shouldn't be in the game other than that it was too hard to implement it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

I'd rather have a good computer game thanks.

I have been polite and very fair in replying to you on this thread. So have others on this topic.

I am starting to feel that you like ‘click-bait’ arguments.

My final comment to you is this.
SI could give you all you want in FM21 and I firmly believe that you would still find something to be negative about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 ore fa, metallimuse ha scritto:

I've only just thought, do you reckon we can start and still play out the Europa and Champs league from last season that's happening this week?

Surely we must do right?

The Scottish season has already started so if I'm playing as Rangers I'd expect to get to play my game against Leverkusen that's happening tomorrow.

Have all the European leagues finished now?

What's happened in the South American leagues? Did they call their season or are they still waiting to resume?

Only just starting to appreciate what a minefield it all is.

I think you've just listed why the game won't feature covid (and you only mention European leagues). it is an utter entanglement of parallel wormholes that would be a nightmare to synchronize. And for what? one season? Nah...

I admit it might be "interesting" (for lack of better word) to try it out (if done). however, I doubt it is worth it for SI to go through all that just for the first in-game season. But who knows, maybe it will be in game. Personally, i don't care :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spanner said:

I have been polite and very fair in replying to you on this thread. So have others on this topic.

I am starting to feel that you like ‘click-bait’ arguments.

My final comment to you is this.
SI could give you all you want in FM21 and I firmly believe that you would still find something to be negative about.

FM20 is by far the least satisfying FM I've played, the usual caveat that these forums tend to house the hyper-critical with regard to FM feedback does not detract from the fact that FM20 is very much a sub-par release with so many glaring flaws, if FM21 were essentially FM20 but with added COVID19 as per your suggestion it would be a very poor game imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

I think you've just listed why the game won't feature covid (and you only mention European leagues). it is an utter entanglement of parallel wormholes that would be a nightmare to synchronize. And for what? one season? Nah...

I admit it might be "interesting" (for lack of better word) to try it out (if done). however, I doubt it is worth it for SI to go through all that just for the first in-game season. But who knows, maybe it will be in game. Personally, i don't care :D 

Nice comment however, with respect, I disagree with your analysis of Covid-19 and its effect on Football Clubs.

The financial implications will last a lot longer than 1 season.

The fixture list / footballing rules.... is not a major issue.
There is not such an entanglement as you describe. I don’t have time to explain or go into detail but the delayed release date will enable a better coherent schedule and FM21 game to be obtained.  The fixture list ‘issue’ is not really SI’s to fix…... All individual footballing bodies organise their own schedules and rules WHICH FM21 WILL SIMULATE.

So in essence, it’s a waiting game on SI’s part.

Referring to Neil Brock’s post on July 30th.

It’s not just been harder from a production perspective – it doesn’t help that the world of football that we aim to simulate in our games is also in such a world of flux. Some leagues have confirmed their plans, some are still up in the air (although we are very much ‘in the loop’ with many of the possible decisions), the transfer window has moved in England at least, there are new emergency rules that may, or may not, be present next season. And there’s a lot more besides.

The final point is what interests me. A lot more besides could be your ME fixes that many of you want as well as many other things. We will wait and see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Danchinaski said:

FM20 is by far the least satisfying FM I've played, the usual caveat that these forums tend to house the hyper-critical with regard to FM feedback does not detract from the fact that FM20 is very much a sub-par release with so many glaring flaws, if FM21 were essentially FM20 but with added COVID19 as per your suggestion it would be a very poor game imo.

You explain your reason well enough and I respect that. It might not be everyones cup of tea. 

I play each game with no bias or expectations based on previous FM’s. Each game has it’s own AI and ME with other features changing as well.

If FM20 is not to your liking, fair enough.
I personally found it to be not that bad, even though its not mind-blowing or amazingly great. Hence, my previous suggestion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2020 at 02:55, upthetoon said:

I hope they will just forego putting this pandemic into the game. 

The game has more than enough long term bugs that needs fixing and effort should go there instead. 

Don't be silly- of course it will be in, after all they are the developer who thought it a great idea to force random fictional Brexits on players and not give players an option to change it. ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I want the schedules to be as close to real life for the "current" (or next, depending on country) seasons as possible.  It's something different, something more interesting than just the plain normal season, bringing different challenges with it.  I'm not going to curl up into a ball because it's quite like real life, Covid is here, and it's going to be here for a little while yet.  

Having said that, having one season where everything is crazy will increase the chances of something going wrong with scheduling.  If SI start off fully intending to replicate real life and then struggle with bugs, keeping it as a vanilla season would be the better option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2020 at 14:18, MBarbaric said:

I think you've just listed why the game won't feature covid (and you only mention European leagues). it is an utter entanglement of parallel wormholes that would be a nightmare to synchronize. And for what? one season? Nah...

I admit it might be "interesting" (for lack of better word) to try it out (if done). however, I doubt it is worth it for SI to go through all that just for the first in-game season. But who knows, maybe it will be in game. Personally, i don't care :D 

You say that, but we still don't have a vaccine. Hopefully we get something soon and can return to normal ASAP but we really don't know how long it'll take - and the game could very well reflect that. Treating it like SI treated Brexit would add lots of intrigue to each new save IMO. Maybe they find a vax in December of year 1 and it goes away or maybe they can't find one and it takes 2-3 years to get herd immunity.  There are lots of different ways they could approach it from "it's fine by March of 21" to "it just becomes a routine thing that's not a big deal, similar to the flu" to "this took years to fix". 

 

The game already let's players randomly get the flu or a cold and spread it... it could very well do that with COVID too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 ore fa, OMRebels13 ha scritto:

You say that, but we still don't have a vaccine. Hopefully we get something soon and can return to normal ASAP but we really don't know how long it'll take - and the game could very well reflect that. Treating it like SI treated Brexit would add lots of intrigue to each new save IMO. Maybe they find a vax in December of year 1 and it goes away or maybe they can't find one and it takes 2-3 years to get herd immunity.  There are lots of different ways they could approach it from "it's fine by March of 21" to "it just becomes a routine thing that's not a big deal, similar to the flu" to "this took years to fix". 

 

The game already let's players randomly get the flu or a cold and spread it... it could very well do that with COVID too. 

true, but while in real this situation might last for long time, in game you'll be past first two years in a week or two of gametime. so, why bother? I mean, i understand why but still. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...