Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
ArthrR

Random FM Crashes (no date, time or match related crashes)

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I've tried reinstalling FM, deleting Cache and preferences in AppData (local) and verifying game files. So far haven't had any luck. Crashdump file is attached (latest one). 
Any help on how to solve my issues? 

PS. Maybe worth noting, I've replaced my RAM-module yesterday. 

Thanks for your help in advance. 

[EDIT] I watched some other threads, I used a logo-pack which is the only add-on I've used since the reinstall/verifying etc., I deleted Cache/logos and reloaded. If it happens again I'll upload the new crashdump.

[EDIT 2] Still crashed, new crash dump attached.

[EDIT 3] DxDiag added.

FM 2020 v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.07.25 22.18.09).dmp

FM 2020 v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.07.26 00.20.43).dmp

DxDiag.txt

Edited by ArthrR
Extra info

Can I get you to attach your dxdiag file please, so I can have a closer look at your system specs: 

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for you response, file is added. Just to add I reinstalled my Windows this morning and replaced my new RAM with my old, which is the same (16gig) but on 2400 instead of 3200Mhz. Had the idea the new RAM was causing instabilities in my system ;-). So far so good. In case of new crashes I'll add the files! 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

4 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Can I get you to attach your dxdiag file please, so I can have a closer look at your system specs: 

Added ;-) 

Thanks for the info Arthr, the RAM looks like it was the root cause, but I can't say for definite why the newer version would be causing a crash. 

I can forward your dxdiag to someone a bit more clued up than I to see if they are seeing something I don't, but for now if it isn't too inconvenient I'd recommend staying on the original software.

Please do let me know if you experience another save, and if you do, send me the save to the link below - just let me know the name of it:

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

22 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Thanks for the info Arthr, the RAM looks like it was the root cause, but I can't say for definite why the newer version would be causing a crash. 

I can forward your dxdiag to someone a bit more clued up than I to see if they are seeing something I don't, but for now if it isn't too inconvenient I'd recommend staying on the original software.

Please do let me know if you experience another save, and if you do, send me the save to the link below - just let me know the name of it:

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Thanks for your response! Switching back to the old RAM seems to have fixed it. There were some stability issues in general with the new one (probably bad RAM). 
I do plan to switch it in the near future for a quicker one, if it comes back I'll let you know. 

No problem - thank you!