Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Starbuck

Editing Competitions for FM19

Posted (edited)

Hi guys! Im playing FM19 and using the game editor to add competition winners to the English leagues for 2019/2020 season. I will also register promotion and relegation teams. Since my game starts during june 2018 I will basically play the 2018/2019 even if I already added the champion for that year. I guess I will have "2 winners" at the end of the 2020 season. Is that going to affect my game in any bad way? Will that mess up promotion and relegation at the end of the season I play? What teams will be selected for the European competitions? 

Or is it possible the edit the start date of the game? any suggestions are appreciated. 

Edited by Starbuck

You could probably put the start date of the season back a year using the advanced rules. However, I'm not sure if that will have any unwanted effects.

Posted (edited)

I did a test and its works fine. You will just have in the overview window about past winners 2 teams that won the Premier League the same year. No big deal. European competitions work fine. The ranking of the teams last season are used for European competitions. For your first season the ranking of the teams in the database are used for European competitions. So all you have to do is edit the standings of the Premier League teams for this season and relegation/promotion. You can play the 2020/21 season even if you start the game during summer2018. 

Edited by Starbuck