Transfer Strategy

I am currently playing as CSKA Moscow, and it happens with other clubs like Celtic, Anderlecht, and others I have managed. What do you do when the bigger clubs come after your players, especially during the season? Do you sell them, and go buy other players, do you keep them, and have them become “outraged”, do you sell them in the offseason? What strategies do you use?

• SI Staff

For me it depends on the player and err my relationship with them ... some players are more professional than others, if the player is a leader at the club and professional then I'll trust them to stand by me when I reject offers.

If the player is ambitious and has been a prat in the past then it's more along the lines of 'don't let the door hit your arse on the way out' ..

• 4 weeks later...

I offer them a new contract. If they accept the transfer bid goes away. Only works as long as the player will accept a new contract of course. If not then I sell the player, low morale in the team are worse then replacing the player with a worse player from the bench or reserve team