It's really not good that the loan end date defaults to 30 June (in most of Europe at least, but the same issue maybe occurs for Dec 31?); the leagues are long finished by then, for many teams the pre-season already starts, but the players are still present at the other club and cannot take part in my pre-season.

For example, I am now playing in the Czech republic. My pre season started in early June, but I have about ten players out on loan. I would like some of them to take part of my pre season (and also stuff such as super cups), but I can't. The league starts in early July, so I will have to integrate the players right into competitive matches...

I think this can't be intended behaviour? Surely there is something very wrong here.

On 25/07/2020 at 12:13, LazyLoad08 said:

It's really not good that the loan end date defaults to 30 June (in most of Europe at least, but the same issue maybe occurs for Dec 31?); the leagues are long finished by then, for many teams the pre-season already starts, but the players are still present at the other club and cannot take part in my pre-season.

For example, I am now playing in the Czech republic. My pre season started in early June, but I have about ten players out on loan. I would like some of them to take part of my pre season (and also stuff such as super cups), but I can't. The league starts in early July, so I will have to integrate the players right into competitive matches...

I think this can't be intended behaviour? Surely there is something very wrong here.

@LazyLoad08

IRL Loan end dates vary from later June (apprx 20th-22nd) until 30th June according to official FA register thefore its reflected in database. It can happen that players are not always ready to start preseason if contract doesnt allow that unfortunatelly.

In general real season ends on May/June since league superstructure was introduced. Then players are in general 2 weeks in rest and own preseason lasts 2-3 weeks. New season starts earlier in July (ie in 2019/20 it was 12th July).  FM seems pretty following that...

Thank you