I play on touch right now and sim some games in the competition when I'm more interested in playing European cup games, or when there's nothing more to play for in the competition. 

I try to play most of my games but sometimes I'd rather get through a season quickly so will only play the "big" games.

I did a save with TNS once though and it got to point where I would sim every domestic game because it got boring watching my team win 5-0 every week.

I just holiday the domestic cup matches in Northern Ireland. The league and the Champions League are the matches i need to concentrate on.

None. Ive probably used the Instant result button 2-3 times in my 17 year FM career (since it was introduced recently ofcourse)

Sim? As in I can't be bothered to manage it? None. Ever. I am held accountable for all results by the board, so that's one reason. The other is that it would annoy me incredibly if that simmed match is drawn or lost and I know I could have done better. If you want something done properly, do it yourself.  :D

I also have never simmed a game apart from pre-season friendlies ( and even then, I select the team)

In my current save, literally every single domestic game. The national league and cup are so far beneath my team's level that I can't bother playing those games. My assistant manager can handle them with no effort whatsoever.

We've not lost a domestic game in the last 16 years, after all...

image.thumb.png.d6fcfc53d2d808cfab418cd66ae5b9a1.png

But apart of these exceptional circumnstances, I sim games in competitions where I have nothing to win or lose. Say, if I'm in the Premier League with three games to go but my position is mathematically secured, I'll sim those last three games as they'll make no difference.

Edited by llDracoll

Carabao cup games, even the final. CL group games unless things get dicey and I need to take control of the ship. FA cup as well. My main focus after 27 years at Everton is the league games, and more importantly to go through an entire season unbeaten. Still hasn't happened.

And don't get me started on the Super cup and the awful Club world championship or whatever it's called.

On 24/07/2020 at 15:45, rossenori said:

which games do you sim, if at all? 

literally never. i have even stopped simming friendly matches and i watch to see how young players play it out. i also dont trust the game or assistant manager etc.probably end up with two star players legs breaking lol.

I've never simmed a game and never will. Each game is a learning experience. I even watch friendlies on comprehensive highlights!!

Dumb question...when you sim the match, does the assistant manager make any changes aside from substitutions? Normally, he makes lots of suggestions in-game, like saying we should have the players try shorter/longer passing plays, lay off tackles with a card, etc. Do any of those suggestions get implemented when you sim?

I don't Sim any - even friendlies. I used to let AM take over friendlies but now use them for tactical analysis/familiarity so watch them all.

Comprehensive highlights all the way.

On 26/07/2020 at 16:10, llDracoll said:

In my current save, literally every single domestic game. The national league and cup are so far beneath my team's level that I can't bother playing those games. My assistant manager can handle them with no effort whatsoever.

We've not lost a domestic game in the last 16 years, after all...

image.thumb.png.d6fcfc53d2d808cfab418cd66ae5b9a1.png

That must be the most boring save ever. You've lost six league games in 16 years. Nope, not for me. Fair play if you're still enjoying it though.

EDIT - Actually 6 games in about 21 years. Wow. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave
2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That must be the most boring save ever. You've lost six league games in 16 years. Nope, not for me. Fair play if you're still enjoying it though.

Well, I've won the Champions League last season so I'm pretty much running out of objectives. I'm starting to think on moving to another league.

I used to just go on holidays for the last  one or two matches of the season if they were just filler but now I play every official game...even if sometimes I put on the fastest speed possible if the game is a worthless match at the end of the season and I'm too excited to start the new season planning. I let my Ass Man take charge forfriendlies on staff responsibilities, though.

I watch every match .. bcz instant results is not realistic ..  I tested it ... I use counter formation against every team .. and it make big difference if u watch the match .. Sim is just too random tbh 

I've never simmed a match. My assistant takes care of friendlies but other than that, I attend every game. What's the point being the manager if you're not on the sideline!