Sports Interactive Community

Hi,

I was playing the game normally but then like a week ago im not able to play the game. A crash window  pops up on the loading screen with the guys in purple shirts. I have all my drivers up to date and also reinstalled them, as well as the game. My antivirus doesn't interfere with the game and i have done all the steps in this link

so i don't know what else i can do. I'm also attaching the dump file generated and the screenshot.

Cheers.

crash.png

FM 2020 v20.4.1.1363262 (2020.07.23 17.48.38).dmp

Hi Ron, can I get you to provide your system dxdiag file, please.

And can I confirm whether or not you have any custom add-ons installed or not?

Hi Kyle, i removed all the custom add-ons on C:\Users\51967\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020. Here is my dxdiag file.

Cheers.

DxDiag.txt

Did you update anything on your machine between the game working/not working?

Is Windows fully up to date?

Apologies I don't have a solution for you yet, a start screen crash normally means a driver issue or custom add-on compatibility issue - but if you've troubleshooted both of them and deleted your cache it's really difficult to pinpoint the issue.

The last change i remembered was subscribing to an item in the steam workshop i don't remember any other update. My Windows is up to date.

What item was it? If it was something custom like a tactic, database or editor change could you remove it if you haven't already?

Was a database and i unsubscribed from it. I don't know if i need to delete something from my PC.

Okay can I get you to completely delete the entire Sports Interactive folder.

Make sure you copy and paste your save game files somewhere else so that you don't lose them.

If you're unsubscribed from the database then when you load up the game again it should be a completely clean install and the folders should generate as brand new - at that point you can move back across your save games.