Sports Interactive Community
Viking

Is there a way to prevent the AI from using a tactic?

I am so tired of losing against AI teams using the same boring tactic against me. Is there a way to prevent the AI from using a certain tactic? I'm thinking of removing a file from a folder, or if there's something you can do with the editor. Not interested in tactical advice.

Thanks.

I wish you luck in your editor quick-fix quest. I have no idea how that works.

However, i have to ask from my side ..... have you ever thought about why the AI boring tactic worked? ...are you getting destroyed or just beat? Is it a last minute loss or a 3-0 down at half time situation.
Do not be so quick to doubt yourself, maybe you can fix it without the need of Editor.

Its just a voice from another side. Interpret it as you wish. 

AI managers create tactics these days. They don't load 1 tactic from a file. So that theory is out.

You may be able to edit behaviour, but it's not clear what it is you want to prevent exactly. Editing questions are also better off in the Editors section. :thup:

Posted (edited)

Not that I'm aware of. You could always set a preference for a given formation to all AI manages and clubs before starting a save, but nothing prevents them from switching tactics for something else (which they do over time), and nothing prevents regen/newgen as well as retired real players from using a given tactic when they become or are generated as managers.

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

Posted (edited)

Yah, this will be tricky.

You can edit prefered manager formations -- and could do so for all managers in the game-world via two clicks. Go into the editor, filter type person:manager.. HOLD SHIFT, click the first on the list, then with shift held click the last on the list. This marks them all so they're all edited by a single click. Takes but a couple seconds, really.

However, that's just formations. You can then edit some of their traits, too, which influence their tactical picks some.

Furthermore, you can trick the AI into not using defensive tactics, at least at the start. For that you needed to filter by clubs, and alter their REPUTATIONS. To simplify, against higher rep teams (match favorites) AI may use defensive tactics, and vice versa. However, as reputation adjusts again during the course of a save, this won't work forever. If you would level all starting reputations, the number of overall goals scored would typically go up too (no overly defensive teams at the start).

Edited by Svenc

You can't Kobayashi Maru this one because a) the game isn't set up to make you fail; and b) you can't cheat the system by reprogramming it.

But you can USMC it - improvise, adapt and overcome.  Understand why you are losing so often and adapt accordingly.

lol, not such a boring tactic then is it when you can't beat it :lol:

So basically you don't like losing a lot but you're not prepared to do anything tactically to stop losing a lot or even attempt to understand why it's happening. Yeah, I'm not convinced this is the right game for you.