FM20: Possession football - based on Positive or Cautious?

Take into account higher mentality = more riskly, what your experience in creating tiki-taka style in cautious/balanced mentality?

Very interesting about PI , how you choose more riskly PI and your focuses of attacks?

Edited by Novem9

20 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Take into account higher mentality = more riskly, what your experience in creating tiki-taka style in cautious/balanced mentality?

Very interesting about PI , how you choose more riskly PI and your focuses of attacks?

i still tend to base my possession based tactics on Positive mentality, and i usually then add "take less risks" on some PIs...main reason why i still tend to go with Positive mentality is because they seem to be more aggressive/urgent off the ball. I feel my team wins possession more successfully when on Positive

I've had the most success using positive mentality with generally support roles on FM20, but I suspect there is no right answer here. You can probably achieve high possession onc autious with more aggressive roles/team instructions.

I barely touch PIs but generally encouraging attacking plays to press more urgently helps. I tend to use a playmaker at the base of a central midfield three or four.

• 2 weeks later...