Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
rossenori

how do you turn around under-performing games?

games where your side is playing like they're mentally challenged, making the wrong decisions, mis-controlling everything, giving the ball away needlessly. what do you do in those sort of games? 

Posted (edited)

Turn pressing up to the max, mark tightly, get stuck in, do everything to kick the living hell out of the opposition, press high, counter press, just be absolutely relentless

Edited by Experienced Defender
inappropriate word

Try using shouts (e.g. Demand More, Show Some Passion) and/or make some tactical tweaks. Are your players underperforming because they all have a bad day or do they underperform because the opponent's tactic is very effective against your tactic? If the latter is the case, make some tactical changes (don't change your style completely, but maybe a simple tweak like more creative/disciplined or changing one or two roles/duties can do the trick. Adjust your width in attack and defense to the way your opponent is playing. Maybe one or two halftime subs can help. When going into a match, always make sure you have a 'Plan B' ready, just in case your normal tactic doesn't work out.

3 hours ago, rossenori said:

games where your side is playing like they're mentally challenged, making the wrong decisions, mis-controlling everything, giving the ball away needlessly. what do you do in those sort of games? 

When I'm totally clueless and feel like I probably won't create a single chance, I set the mentality to attacking and increase the tempo as much as I can in order to force attacking plays. This tactic saved my a*s so many times with a random goal when the games were destined to end 0-0. In addition to this, make sure to overload the opponent with numbers by including your fullbacks in attack as well.

I play in Seria A so every opponent plays with a deeper defensive line and narrow tactics so it's very difficult to break opponents.