Sports Interactive Community
Adamm90

English Rules - 24 Teams in League One

Does anybody have advanced rules, for England, that mirror what is in the game? I want to put 24 teams in League One, without going through all the advanced rules.

3 hours ago, Adamm90 said:

Does anybody have advanced rules, for England, that mirror what is in the game? I want to put 24 teams in League One, without going through all the advanced rules.

Just add a 24th team to League One. The game has a separate set of rules that it runs when League One has 23 teams so if you add a 24th team it defaults to the regular League One rules. The only thing you need to do is make sure that all leagues below League One have the right number of teams (I normally do that by putting Bury into a lower tier league and just moving other teams around).

2 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Just add a 24th team to League One. The game has a separate set of rules that it runs when League One has 23 teams so if you add a 24th team it defaults to the regular League One rules. The only thing you need to do is make sure that all leagues below League One have the right number of teams (I normally do that by putting Bury into a lower tier league and just moving other teams around).

Excellent - thanks for that. Will it revert to four relegation spots in League One?

On 18/07/2020 at 17:38, Adamm90 said:

Excellent - thanks for that. Will it revert to four relegation spots in League One?

Yes it'll just be the standard rules.

Posted (edited)

On 18/07/2020 at 14:57, Unknown Hacker said:

I did this but the Carabao Cup has no fixtures in the 2019/20 season. Any way around this or not?

Edited by BenW.

8 hours ago, BenW. said:

I did this but the Carabao Cup has no fixtures in the 2019/20 season. Any way around this or not?

This happens (I believe) because of Bury's expulsion from the cup. The cup is programmed to run with 91 teams in year 1 so doesn't deal well with there being the normal amount of teams in the football league.

I haven't checked this but I would imagine that going into the advanced rules and removing Bury's expulsion would reenable the Carabao Cup in season 1.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

This happens (I believe) because of Bury's expulsion from the cup. The cup is programmed to run with 91 teams in year 1 so doesn't deal well with there being the normal amount of teams in the football league.

I haven't checked this but I would imagine that going into the advanced rules and removing Bury's expulsion would reenable the Carabao Cup in season 1.

I'll give that a try, cheers!

EDIT: Just had a look and the Advanced Rules is far too complicated for me to use. As far as I can see I would have to re-create the whole English league and cup system unless I'm looking at it wrong

Edited by BenW.