Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nani_Is_Messi_On_A_Good_Day

How To Build a Teams Finances Up?

Hello, I've been bringing Sampdoria up through the Serie A and I've managed to take them from a regular bottom/middle table finish side to a top 6/4 sometimes contending for the league side, however they're not giving me any money after recently being taken over by a consortium and our overall balance has gone from £50M+ to £83M- and I have no clue why, we haven't spent that much and a lot of the deals I get through the door are Loan deals to ensure that I can keep saving my money up and obviously once the player and that loan has finished I get the wage back which is always good, I've been doing this consistently over 10 years, finishing respectively in the league: 3rd, 6th, 6th, 4th, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th 3rd, so as you can see, I'm getting champions league consistently and the furthest I got was quarters before being knocked out by Liverpool, so a healthy bit of money earned, however I just seem to be financially ruining the club unless its the consortium? Anyone got advice?

Same situation with Brighton but I've been spending alot in installments. U don't get how I'm her going to win the league though. Highest ibe finished is 3rd  in 6 y3ars

2 hours ago, Franchise said:

Same situation with Brighton but I've been spending alot in installments. U don't get how I'm her going to win the league though. Highest ibe finished is 3rd  in 6 y3ars

Seems like its impossible, if someone knows anything, would be much appreciated, I can build good teams and build good tactics for the money I have but I just need a little extra bit of money to take the top spot on a regular basis

3 hours ago, Nani_Is_Messi_On_A_Good_Day said:

Hello, I've been bringing Sampdoria up through the Serie A and I've managed to take them from a regular bottom/middle table finish side to a top 6/4 sometimes contending for the league side, however they're not giving me any money after recently being taken over by a consortium and our overall balance has gone from £50M+ to £83M- and I have no clue why. 

We haven't spent that much and a lot of the deals I get through the door are loan deals to ensure that I can keep saving my money up, and obviously once the player and that loan has finished I get the wage back which is always good. I've been doing this consistently over 10 years, finishing respectively in the league: 3rd, 6th, 6th, 4th, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th 3rd. So, as you can see, I'm getting champions league consistently and the furthest I got was quarters before being knocked out by Liverpool, so a healthy bit of money earned. However I just seem to be financially ruining the club, unless it's the consortium? Anyone got advice?

Click on the finance page and it should tell you what the expenditure is, that'll give you a clearer image of where either you or the club is spending money. Losing £133M very quickly does sound strange, but they may have used it to pay for a stadium or something.

Outside of not overspending your budget and not signing old players you can't sell on with profit, you don't have much control over finances. It comes down to your chairman and his hidden attributes, which only a takeover can solve.

But as for what you can do, I find signing tons of cheap youngsters with potential very profitable. Don't necessarily have to be 5* potential players you plan on ever using yourself, as long as they have a positive personality and a bit of potential to grow into, you should be able to sell them on with profit. Sign the ones you can get for peanuts, loan them out for loan fees and rinse and repeat until you can sell them on or they become good enough for your first team. If they're half-decent, they should pay for themselves while out on loan (€40-100k monthly fee), so anything else you get is a profit.

OW66Y5r.png

As above, sign Bosmans, play them (or loan) then sell for large profit within a couple of years. I also try to keep sell on % at 5% and take out any request for yearly wage increases but buying good Bosmans and then flipping them is the quickest way to make money IMO (outwith Championship/Champions League money.