No league fixtures [FM18]

Hi guys, 

I'm in August 2074 in my save and for some reason none of the league fixtures are showing. I've never had this problem before in the save and it's just suddenly happened. I don't use a custom editor or anything and I've not edited anything at all. 

I've tried reloading the game. I've not messed with antivirus or anything. 

I'm gutted it's ruined a save I've been playing for a long time and I'm hoping you lovely people are able to suggest something that could work around it. I have backups that are also with this issue, with another copy a year behind. As you can imagine I don't want to replay a year if this issue will resurface in 2074 again. @Lucas (the mod I recognise) are you able to offer any suggestions?

Cheers in advance. 

Edited by RazorRuddock'sGut

I assume that you are using the last update for FM 18?.  If you haven't used an editor or are using a custom database then the only thing I can think of is that some of the temporary files have been deleted by a cleaning or antivirus app.  Make sure that these types of app are not sweeping the game while it is running.  Try clearing out the cache and preferences folders.  Go back to a backup and holiday through to the season end and see if it happens again.

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

I assume that you are using the last update for FM 18?.  If you haven't used an editor or are using a custom database then the only thing I can think of is that some of the temporary files have been deleted by a cleaning or antivirus app.  Make sure that these types of app are not sweeping the game while it is running.  Try clearing out the cache and preferences folders.  Go back to a backup and holiday through to the season end and see if it happens again.

Yeah it's the last update. I checked the recycle bin and there's nothing there that's deleted from the game. Cleared the cache and nothing happened. There wasn't a preferences folder under fm18 when I looked. It's almost happened for no reason although I know that everything does happen for a reason. 

I've put the three 'corrupted' files and deleted them for now. I use AVG (paid version) and that hasn't scanned FM for over a month. 

I've reverted back a year and I'm going to holiday the entire season. Out of interest, what date is it when the entire fixture list is announced?

Interestingly, AVG has been known to cause some issues with older FM games, so it may be worth while either turning it off while FM is running or even uninstalling it while the close season is on.  The fixtures will be generated about half way through the close season, from memory

5 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Interestingly, AVG has been known to cause some issues with older FM games, so it may be worth while either turning it off while FM is running or even uninstalling it while the close season is on.  The fixtures will be generated about half way through the close season, from memory

So roughly the start of June?

It just seems weird that it would suddenly affect the save now despite AVG running for the previous 60 odd seasons. 

3 hours ago, FrazT said:

Just to add to this mate, I've added FM18 as an exemption to AVG and I'm holidaying the entire season. I'll update you in a few hours.

14 hours ago, FrazT said:

Try a complete uninstall and reinstall in case a file has been deleted from the game files.  Your saves will not be affected by this.

I did this and reverted back to a save in April 2074. I believe this has fixed the problem. 

Thank you Fraz. I appreciate it immensely. Should I save the game just after the last fixture just in case this happens again?