Continental Rules - Pro/Rel.

Samuel77

Good morning everyone, 

I'm working on a European league. It consists of three levels. Level 1 16 clubs, level 2 32 clubs (4 promotions/relegations) level 3 consists of 5 groups (Centre, North, East, South, Balkans) gathering the best teams of their respective leagues, of which the first 8 teams would be promoted to level 2. And this is my problem. 

As far as level 1 and 2 are concerned, the promotion/relegation system works perfectly, but for level 3 I can't exclude the teams of level 1 and 2... If it would be a closed league there would be no problem but I wish it would be an open league. Does anyone have an idea how to ignore the level 1 and 2 teams? I've tried everything I know but at the moment I'm running out of ideas. 

It's kind of frustrating because the hardest part seemed to be done.

Edited by Samuel77

Thank you for your answer.

Yes but the teams are not recognized, they are when I select them for a competition but when I check the "ignore" box they keep appearing. 

On some tests it worked in the first year but in the second year they reappear.

I will post some screens when I get my computer.

Here are some screenshots.

Level 1 and level 2 work with 4 pro/rel (I used non-European teams to easily differentiate the teams)

ES 19-20.PNG

SL 19-20.PNG

ES 20-21.PNG

SL 20-21.PNG

And here's how I tried to exclude the teams of level 1 and 2 in level 3 (I tried several other options but nothing works, they're still there...)

Conf. Team.PNG

Conf. Stage Teams.PNG

CS 19-20.PNG

Edited by Samuel77

Ok, I have looking through your file a bit and I am a bit confused.

I thought it would be Champions Cup level 1, Europa League level 2 and then five lower level Cups at the same level, but I am seeing teams from European Series qualifying for the Southern Conference. I am a bit lost on your system.

The ignore option I was looking for, I haven't found that one yet, or not get it to work as I thought it did.

Thank you for taking the time to answer!

-European Series is level 1, it works like a classic division, there are 16 teams and the last 4 are relegated to the Super League.

-Super League is level 2, there are 32 teams divided into 4 groups of 8 teams, 4 teams are promoted to European Series.  The last 8 teams are eliminated.

-European Conference is level 3, there are 5 Conferences (Central, Southern, Eastern, Northern and Balkan) the 8 best teams are promoted to Super League (they also meet in the Final 8, that's where I make them go up to Super League at stage 0).

Level 3 works like a cup, the best teams of the national championships have access to it except the teams already present in the European Series and Super League.

That's my problem because I can't exclude from this tournament the teams already present in the European Series and Super League...

On the file I gave you there are not all the conference groups, there is only the Central Conference and the Southern Conference because as long as I haven't solved how to select the teams for this level it is useless to build the other groups.

On the file there are also the UEFA Cups, I reduce them to 5 or 6 knockout games but they don't interfere with the rest.

I hope I don't give you too much of a headache with all my explanations!

Thanks again for watching. That was nice of you.

European League.png

OK, either I am overlooking it, but are you sure you have proper relegation rules?

I am getting the impression that promotion from the lower level has been set, but relegation to the lower level isn't.

Hi Wolf,

Yes, that's right, there's no relegation.  Teams that "drop" will have to regain their place through their national championship in order to participate in the Conference Cup (North, East, etc...)

Sorry to answer slowly I'm knocked out, fever, cough, etc...

Thanks again!

On 19/07/2020 at 22:30, Samuel77 said:

Hi Wolf,

Yes, that's right, there's no relegation.  Teams that "drop" will have to regain their place through their national championship in order to participate in the Conference Cup (North, East, etc...)

Sorry to answer slowly I'm knocked out, fever, cough, etc...

Thanks again!

Better watch out these days!

On this file the promotion/relegation system works well between the first and second level.  You can see how it's done and then set the number of promoted and relegated teams.  With this system you can make as many divisions as you want but it will remain a closed league.  No other team will be able to participate unfortunately.

Hi there I'm experimenting with building a similar system. One thing I'm stuck on which is because I'm a noob, is do I have to create a new nation for this type of a competition? How do I create a new nation or do I replace an existing one? I tried replacing Crimea but that doesn't show in my nations list when creating a new career using this db. Seems strange why it doesn't show up. I don't know how to create a new nation otherwise at the moment and trying to avoid replacing a big nation. 

Also I was thinking of maintaining all the existing competitions in Europe and having the Champions League Winner and Runners up be promoted into the European Super League. Not sure if this is possible, but would create an open system. This is my first big db creation attempt, so learning the editor as I'm going along here.

Any help or tips would be appreciated, thanks!

6 hours ago, jimmybronx said:

Ahh good to know, do I need to create a new country or replace an existing nation?

You can replace most extinct countries in the game by editing the continent (changing it from blank to the continent of your choice) so you don't need to overwrite an existing country. There are tutorials in this forum which show you how to do this. I would recommend using CIS but any nation apart from Crimea or one that refers to nationality or ethnicity (e.g. UK, Pays Basque, Tamil Indian, SEA Chinese, etc) is good.