Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chas (Psyatika)

Can we PLEASE have a cooling off period for Amateur contracts?

Posted (edited)

Using Dan BHTFC's lower leagues database.

Half of my news items are random nobody teams offering contracts to my players, with the other half being those same players rejecting those contracts or signing new amateur contracts with me for exactly the same terms as the previous contract.

You would think that I could just ignore these items, but sure enough, the one time I decided to NOT offer a new contract to one of my best players, he went and signed with another team. A team one level below me. On an amateur contract. So yes, I have to offer a new contract every, single, time, some random offer comes in.

If one of my players has make the decision to stick around, maybe program that player to not even entertain any new offers for a month or two? This is ridiculous!

You could say that it's because amateur teams are not really planned for in FM, but that just tells me that the 48 amateur clubs available to play in the stock version of FM have the same issues. Takes the flow and fun out of LLM.

Edited by Chas (Psyatika)

But when you play as Queens Park, you don't really get this issue. It happens because you've got such a huge pool of rubbish amateur clubs, all looking for amateur players, and there's such a small difference between the leagues (since FM is not designed around levels that low) that players will happily jump between them.

Queens Park are no longer amateur. They are now semi-professional with a view to turn fully professional soon. 

Posted (edited)

Not sure I understand either reply. Are we saying that cooling off periods are not necessary because Queens Park is Semi-Professional?

There, I removed the line about Queens Park, if that helps.

Edited by Chas (Psyatika)

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Chas (Psyatika) said:

Using Dan BHTFC's lower leagues database.

Half of my news items are random nobody teams offering contracts to my players, with the other half being those same players rejecting those contracts or signing new amateur contracts with me for exactly the same terms as the previous contract.

You would think that I could just ignore these items, but sure enough, the one time I decided to NOT offer a new contract to one of my best players, he went and signed with another team. A team one level below me. On an amateur contract. So yes, I have to offer a new contract every, single, time, some random offer comes in.

If one of my players has make the decision to stick around, maybe program that player to not even entertain any new offers for a month or two? This is ridiculous!

You could say that it's because amateur teams are not really planned for in FM, but that just tells me that the 48 amateur clubs available to play in the stock version of FM have the same issues. Takes the flow and fun out of LLM.

Very good idea, not sure how it works in real life but it is infuriating 

You should put it in the suggestions area of the forum

Edited by Brother Ben